Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The real problem as I see it is that he changed his name to that from Mighty Stalkerstein. Wonder what he's running from? :smug:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Lookin' like a fool with your butts on the ground.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Keep loving that chicken, Ramirez et al

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Is this... A Good Bok?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Looks like at least a couple of people in the back froze their tits off as well.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
News: The IRS was targeting conservative groups for extra investigations based on keywords!
Muir: This is a scandal! Impeach Obama now!
News: Oh, actually they did the same thing to liberal political groups as well.
Muir: I can't believe they targeted conservative groups!!!
News: And liberal groups too?
Muir: It's the most unbelievable scandal that Obama's IRS targeted HIS ENEMIES!
News: And the head IRS guy was a Bush appointee, and again, also liberal groups. It was wrong, but it wasn't specifically anti-conservative. Not that those types of political groups should necessarily be tax-free in the first place.
Muir: That Obama is a monster, targeting conservative groups with his IRS!!!!!!!

(My brain is a little too functional to be able to write Muir-ian dialogue, but you get the idea.)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh please, like Muir would ever actually watch a news outlet that would point that detail out. He mainlines Drudge. He's too hardcore for even Fox News.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Douginc posted:

So in Florida you can get 4 years jail time for trash on your property? Their legal system is completely backwards. Am I missing part of the story, did he really get 4 years for something half of Alabama calls 'yard art'?

Well for starters, he racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines with code enforcement that he refused to pay.

It is a rare case where someone actually got prosecuted for being the neighbor from hell though.

:golfclap:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So Horsey did a comic in the LA Times about going to the Golden Globe awards (He must have a friend or something with HBO, he did a thing about going to the Emmys and the HBO afterparty). It's very... Horsey.

Horsey writes (edited for brevity):

quote:

Well, yeah, there’s that too. Was it so hard to get meals delivered to the back section where the TV actors and longshot nominees were seated? I sympathize with Bisset, not only because I’ve had a crush on her since I first saw her back in the ‘70s at the height of her youthful sexiness in “Le Magnifique” with Jean-Paul Belmondo, but also because navigating a path through the Golden Globes evening was tough for many people.

Once at the hotel entrance, there was a security check and two or three more ticket checkpoints inside the hotel. There were enough security people on hand that, traveling together, President Obama, Queen Elizabeth and Vladimir Putin would all have felt well protected. Such is the glamour of Tinseltown in this age of terrorism and lunatics with guns.

Among the mob that joined in the dancing was none other than Jacqueline Bisset, apparently recovered from the shock of winning. She looked wistful and gorgeous.

I confess, I just stared.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

POLITICARTOONFACT

Claim 1: Obama publicly demanded that the Tea Party be investigated.
Verdict: I have no idea what Muir is talking about and could find no evidence to support it. What the gently caress are you talking about, Muir? PANTS ON FIRE

Claim 2: The targeting guidelines were set by William Wilkins, IRS chief counsel, two days after meeting Obama.
Verdict: Wilkins is one of the few IRS officials appointed by the White House, so saying that he is "Obama's man" is probably a fair statement. Some lawyers within the chief counsel office have been implicated in the IRS scandal, which is the closest the scandal has gotten to the White House, but nothing as yet connects it directly to Wilkins. The lawyers in question were five layers of management below Wilkins, so none of this proves anything. The White House guest log says that a "William Wilkins" was at the White House, but it's not confirmed what they were talking about or even that that's the same William Wilkins. SPECULATIVE BULLSHIT
(Source: National Review, Washington Post, Fox News)

Claim 3: Eric Holder shut down an inquiry into the IRS scandal.
Verdict: Law enforcement officials announced that the FBI probe will not bring criminal charges. I'm not sure that counts as killing the inquiry, or Holder being the one to kill it. Various Republicans are alleging that it was done too quickly, that the investigation was biased by an Obama donor being put in charge of the inquiry, and that top witnesses weren't interviewed. I'm not seeing much evidence that criminal charges should have been filed though. I DON'T KNOW, I GUESS WE COULD GIVE THAT ONE TO HIM

Most of the smoke that Muir sees isn't really smoke, and most of what he believes comes from either notorious bullshit peddlers like The Daily Caller or unreliable grandstanders like Issa. (Also, learn to spell "harass" and "inquiry," Muir.)

MisterBadIdea fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 15, 2014

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

1) Afghanistan was more of a worthwhile war than Iraq. Which Ramirez supported.
2) Afghanistan is still throwing money down a hole.

This isn't hard, you putz.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

So Horsey did a comic in the LA Times about going to the Golden Globe awards (He must have a friend or something with HBO, he did a thing about going to the Emmys and the HBO afterparty). It's very... Horsey.

Wait for it.

quote:

Wait for it.

quote:

Wait for it.

quote:

HORSEY LUV BEWBS!

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Luckovich should quit his job as a political cartoonist and become a full-time drawer of elephants with glasses. These are too adorable.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Funny that the Ramirez is actually describing Bush more than anything.

"Afghanistan is a good, necessary war that we need to-IRAQ!"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Is this... A Good Bok?

Seriously, it looks like it is.

Maybe... the amount of good edits in this thread on any given day can be correlated to people not having poo poo opinions?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

dilbertschalter posted:

Luckovich should quit his job as a political cartoonist and become a full-time drawer of elephants with glasses. These are too adorable.

The skeleton's pose is amazing too. I don't know why specifically, I just like Lukovich's art so much.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Guilty Spork posted:

News: The IRS was targeting conservative groups for extra investigations based on keywords!
Muir: This is a scandal! Impeach Obama now!
News: Oh, actually they did the same thing to liberal political groups as well.
Muir: I can't believe they targeted conservative groups!!!
News: And liberal groups too?
Muir: It's the most unbelievable scandal that Obama's IRS targeted HIS ENEMIES!
News: And the head IRS guy was a Bush appointee, and again, also liberal groups. It was wrong, but it wasn't specifically anti-conservative. Not that those types of political groups should necessarily be tax-free in the first place.
Muir: That Obama is a monster, targeting conservative groups with his IRS!!!!!!!

(My brain is a little too functional to be able to write Muir-ian dialogue, but you get the idea.)

They just love profiling, right up until it actually affects them.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

From a ways back, but I just want to stress how utterly incompetent this is as a cartoon. He sets the cartoon 12 years back in time, and says "What if the paramilitary figures knew what they were getting into?" and decides what they'd do is state "We're about to die, gently caress yeah!"

Like, if he wanted to make a cartoon saying the war was pointless, there's a billion less contrived ways to do it than this. If he wanted to examine what was going through their mind, then this is idiotic.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Guess what never gets old?!

Ariel Sharon and that bulldozer! Ho ho, what a character!

Congratulations, you didn't draw a bulldozer.

You're late, Bish! These other hacks already beat you to it! At least it's not another Christie stuck in traffic cartoon.

Uh...what side is this thing on? Is it dismissing the scandal as politics as usual? Insinuating via Chicago that Obama is exactly the same? just more of the usual "Pee pee doo doo politics are bad?"

A thing happened.

Again.

Chris Christie isn't fat, see? He's so small you need a microscope to see him!

Oh man, if he hadn't labeled that pagoda, I'd have never known where they were.

How many Allies this week on the media being oh so protective of Obama now?

No. That is not gay.

This is gay. What is it with me and the body parts cartoons today?!

Yup, time to send my posts where they belong.

Rebochan fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 15, 2014

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Nope

What the hell is going on in this one?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Rebochan posted:

How many Allies this week on the media being oh so protective of Obama now?

This would be accurate if there was a defensive line of republicans trying to quickly set up a net in front of kicker Obama, or rushing him long before the play began. As it stands, Allie seems to think there was nobody trying to block the ACA.

That's cute, Eric.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Yes, yes, I agree: when Christie repeatedly denied he had any knowledge whatsoever and it claimed it totally wasn't his fault at all, that sure was taking full responsibility. Unlike when Obama went on air and, you know, actually took full loving responsibility for the lousy healthcare.gov rollout. Up is down, black is white, Bish is an insightful commentator.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Monkey Fracas posted:

Nope

What the hell is going on in this one?

Cristiano Ronaldo is a crying dick.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
:thurman:
As a lifetime resident of Georgia, let me just say that Luckovich hit this one out of the goddamn park.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Rebochan posted:

This is gay. What is it with me and the body parts cartoons today?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWI9wq97Bs

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

That football field doesn't have an end zone.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

I don't think this one is pro-Sharon, since he looks like he's about to built a wall.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Internet Webguy posted:

If this had a graph it would be peak Gorrell.

From a few pages back, but has anyone done a gif just cycling through that same loving face Gorrel always draws?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Rebochan posted:

Uh...what side is this thing on? Is it dismissing the scandal as politics as usual? Insinuating via Chicago that Obama is exactly the same? just more of the usual "Pee pee doo doo politics are bad?"

I think it's just pee pee doo doo Chicago politics suck.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Blarghalt posted:

From a few pages back, but has anyone done a gif just cycling through that same loving face Gorrel always draws?

Most free webhosts have a cap on the size of the image you upload.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
That looks nothing like Dug from Pixar's Up Ramirez you hack

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

MisterBadIdea posted:

POLITICARTOONFACT

Claim 1: Obama publicly demanded that the Tea Party be investigated.
Verdict: I have no idea what Muir is talking about and could find no evidence to support it. What the gently caress are you talking about, Muir? PANTS ON FIRE

Claim 2: The targeting guidelines were set by William Wilkins, IRS chief counsel, two days after meeting Obama.
Verdict: Wilkins is one of the few IRS officials appointed by the White House, so saying that he is "Obama's man" is probably a fair statement. Some lawyers within the chief counsel office have been implicated in the IRS scandal, which is the closest the scandal has gotten to the White House, but nothing as yet connects it directly to Wilkins. The lawyers in question were five layers of management below Wilkins, so none of this proves anything. The White House guest log says that a "William Wilkins" was at the White House, but it's not confirmed what they were talking about or even that that's the same William Wilkins. SPECULATIVE BULLSHIT
(Source: National Review, Washington Post, Fox News)

Claim 3: Eric Holder shut down an inquiry into the IRS scandal.
Verdict: Law enforcement officials announced that the FBI probe will not bring criminal charges. I'm not sure that counts as killing the inquiry, or Holder being the one to kill it. Various Republicans are alleging that it was done too quickly, that the investigation was biased by an Obama donor being put in charge of the inquiry, and that top witnesses weren't interviewed. I'm not seeing much evidence that criminal charges should have been filed though. I DON'T KNOW, I GUESS WE COULD GIVE THAT ONE TO HIM

Most of the smoke that Muir sees isn't really smoke, and most of what he believes comes from either notorious bullshit peddlers like The Daily Caller or unreliable grandstanders like Issa. (Also, learn to spell "harass" and "inquiry," Muir.)

:golfclap: Well done, sir. This is a much more informative, insightful, and dignified rating system than the ones any of those other fact checkers use.

e: It's too drat late for me to write good.

e2: \/ \/ Now I don't feel so bad.

Ceiling fan fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 15, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

A talking duck wearing a middle eastern (MUZLIM) headress, practicing witchcraft, spouting republican talking points.

Either that or a twerking starman in front of a pale gateway to a sea of red death and a skull spider waiting beyond OH GOD I FORGOT TO TAKE MY PILL TODAY

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Expand the last three to everyone else in the country and that sounds like a good start, yeah.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nice try, I'm not falling for another too-racist-for-print Tinsley edit on this page.

MisterBadIdea posted:

POLITICARTOONFACT

But do you understand Muir's horrible views?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

I love Horsey, but this "My limousine is not taking me to my Hollywood party fast enough! A bloo bloo blooooo" poo poo is pretty loving First World Problem/Complain-Brag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Melaneus posted:

A talking duck wearing a middle eastern (MUZLIM) headress, practicing witchcraft, spouting republican talking points.

The turban alludes to a Johnny Carson bit where he'd dress as a "mystic from the east" called Carnac the Magnificent. Carnac practiced clairvoyance: he'd hold a sealed envelope containing a question to his forehead, "answer" the question (e.g. "Sis boom bah.") then open the envelope to reveal the question (e.g. "Describe the sound made when a sheep explodes.") If the audience groaned at a pun, Carnac would deliver a "Middle Eastern" curse ("May your only son become the goalie on a nude hockey team.") It was p. racist by today's standards, but people loved it.

• Locked thread