Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i'm getting strong, muscly glutes carrying printers to own the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

inkjets always needed to push ink to keep from drying out and loving the printhead nozzels

Some of the newer (professional) ones back the ink OUT of the printhead and pull in some glycerin from a little reservoir and keep negative pressure on the printhead with a peristaltic pump, so there's no more waste. This has NOT reached home inkjet and may never. If you aren't concerned about exact color matching or resolution and just want color for pop or reference, laser is the way to go

why would they use this tech the whole point of inkjet is to make you waste ink and buy more

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

sieze the disney corporation for inspiring Hitler, thus aiding an enemy in wartimes. (do the same for every corporation that aided the nazis, and every one that ever got a bailout or corona virus. for my second wish, i would like Joe Biden to take off his mask to reveal he was actually Bernie Sanders in disguise and Kamala turns out to be a deep cover Leninist. For my third wish make me into an all powerful immortal goddess who's hot.

I like the first two but I've already got the third one.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I've had the same Canon Pixma inkjet for like fifteen years and never had a problem, aside from constantly having to buy ink for it, and the wifi being a pain to set up for new computers. I guess I must print enough color to keep it clean.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

God Hole posted:

buddy you should try carrying one

this is stone cold

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

w-what are you doing, Brother?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

why would they use this tech the whole point of inkjet is to make you waste ink and buy more

The whole point of inkjet at a high level is to be the best at printing art and photography

And to sell ink

But it's proprietary tech from one manufacturer right now (canon) so it's a competitive advantage, until it isn't

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 184 days!

The Bloop posted:

The whole point of inkjet at a high level is to be the best at printing art and photography

goon with a splatoon av in the pocket of big ink, smdh

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hodgepodge posted:

goon with a splatoon av in the pocket of big ink, smdh

Splat man's shameful secret

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I would suck AND gently caress a robot

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

I would suck AND gently caress a robot

Hell, same

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Old school cyberpunk vibes.

Revealed: The Israelis Making Millions Selling Cyberweapons to Latin America

quote:

The middlemen serving as conduits in arms and cyber deals are an elite group with massive networks. They are key to selling Israeli tech in the Americas. This is the story of two of them
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/tech-news/.premium.HIGHLIGHT-revealed-the-israelis-selling-cyberweapons-to-latin-america-1.9356753

(Can't find a non paywall version, sorry)

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Quitting my job to become a netrunner.
https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/1338201152182251520?s=20

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol cyber weapons are for nerds. just shoot the computer with a gun

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

israel

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qlcbypXbUh1r0uzl6.mp4

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Drone flamethrower? For what ends??

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Since it's 2020 I'll assume it's murder hornets.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Killing bees I think

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’ve been in use for many years to clean debris off power lines.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

One thing about dot matrix printers was that, by God, they let you know something was happening! That "ZZZZZZT, ZZZZZZT" was a more satisfying indicator of work than an inkjets quieter zip-zip or the soft whirring of a laser printer.

Don't get me wrong, in every real measure dot matrix sucked, although it was a treat to finally change a ribbon and everything going from blue to black again.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rutibex posted:

lol cyber weapons are for nerds. just shoot the computer with a gun

whatever happened to the good old days of hacking where you just tracked down the network admin and punched him until he gave you his credentials?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhvDy8h3FG8

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

whatever happened to the good old days of hacking where you just tracked down the network admin and punched him until he gave you his credentials?

Parler still works like this

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1338898287957426177

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1338905552089358336

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Last one from that thread - which you should all read - because otherwise I'd post the whole thing.

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1338999847798468608

I think they've invented the keyboard.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Who would I trust less than Facebook to graft some sort of neural sensor into my brain? I already block every facebook owned domain at the router level, gonna be a tough sell for the Zuckerbrainkeyboard around here.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Palantir.

maybe

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Pryor on Fire posted:

Who would I trust less than Facebook to graft some sort of neural sensor into my brain? I already block every facebook owned domain at the router level, gonna be a tough sell for the Zuckerbrainkeyboard around here.

elon musk

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

real psycho poo poo. break up Facebook and launch their executives into the sun.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
the human condition is insanity

facebook is correct

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Traditionally, the human experience is half-informed superstition and occasional bouts of mob hysteria, so it checks out.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Dustcat posted:

elon musk

A Musk implant would definitely kill its entire user base spectacularly when, in a fit of mescaline-accentuated pique, he tells his devs to turn on the beta "Brain Network" feature for all users in order to show Billie Eilish his power after she tweeted at him his dick looks weird. Heads caving liking time lapse rotting melons as their contents sizzle & melt after being involuntarily shunted into a fatal Quake3 deathmatch.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The musk neural implant just forces users to run headfirst full speed into the back of the nearest firetruck

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

paul_soccer12 posted:

The musk neural implant just forces users to run headfirst full speed into the back of the nearest firetruck

so he's been testing it for two years?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lol i forgot about that

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

99% of the processing capacity is running a horrendously ineffective bitcoin miner and you have to rent it from musk if you want to use it for other purposes. (in addition to the 50k implant and the 20k he charges for installation)

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1339350335270240256
https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1339350337245704195

oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lmao at tech companies that talk big how agile they are, how quickly they respond to the changing market, only to yell "no! you're doing it wrong!" at the majority of their users