Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ehhh...it sounds like it might have been self defense. If not then yeah holy loving poo poo. Wild Force has always been my favorite PR and I got up every morning to watch it. This is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Hey, he only used his powers for defense.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
E: double post

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You just know that trial is going to be a complete farce.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Power Rangers: Wild Farce

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

He was always the weird one.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Did he put out his hand and say "No!..........Stop!" first?

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
He was just seeking the ultimate duel.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Well... crap.

Wild Force was one of my favourite series growing up. Even if this turns out to be self defense (which it sounds like it might be, especially given Medina went and called the police after), that he was so quick to be arrested probably says enough on its own. drat, this is gonna make watching the series ever again real awkward, to say the least.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Finally, now we don't have to hear "oh man a red ranger killed a dude" when it's really just some guy who played an extra kid in a single episode once or whatever that previous one the media kept over-blowing the actor role on.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 1, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Astro Nut posted:

Well... crap.

Wild Force was one of my favourite series growing up. Even if this turns out to be self defense (which it sounds like it might be, especially given Medina went and called the police after), that he was so quick to be arrested probably says enough on its own. drat, this is gonna make watching the series ever again real awkward, to say the least.

Yeah the fact that a man has died will make it very difficult to watch an old series of power rangers.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Astro Nut posted:

Cops are super quick to put handcuffs on people sometimes. It's best to wait for the trial to play out before making any judgements.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Goddamn, 1 million dollars for bail.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Keeping swords in the bedroom, however, is for Cool Dudes.

Edit: hahahha

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 2, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't tell if Jason is joking or not. Either way, what the gently caress?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What race was the murder victim so we can decide if nick was guilty or not.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You killed someone? Straighten up, or I'll get you kicked out of the power rangers.

Jesus didn't tap.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

SKY COQ posted:

Yeah the fact that a man has died will make it very difficult to watch an old series of power rangers.

I said 'at the very least', because, well, I could hardly find the words to properly ascribe for the worse (and almost certainly more important) aspects of the matter. It's just... surreal to be flipping through the news one day and find that a childhood idol has gone and killed somebody. I apologise if this just seems all kind of weird a reaction, just can't quite get my head around it, even if the facts, few as they currently are, are relatively straightforward.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Has someone owning a personal sword ever ended well since knights and samurai were real dudes you could meet at a bar?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I adore Wild Force and Cole was my Red Ranger, but I don't mind at all as long as it was self defense. I'm interested in how this situation develops for that reason.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought he was one of the worst red rangers acting wise the show ever had, but he has good physicality.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I loved this show for many years, but I learned long ago to not let my love of the characters attach to the actors themselves. It's weird when your favorite ranger character has a drug problem, or has a really lovely affair, or I guess kills someone (possibly in self defense?)

I haven't watched this show or it's Japanese counterpart since Mystic Force. Maybe I'll watch this dinosaur show just because Dino Thunder was the last one I liked.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

I loved this show for many years, but I learned long ago to not let my love of the characters attach to the actors themselves. It's weird when your favorite ranger character has a drug problem, or has a really lovely affair, or I guess kills someone (possibly in self defense?)

I haven't watched this show or it's Japanese counterpart since Mystic Force. Maybe I'll watch this dinosaur show just because Dino Thunder was the last one I liked.

It's only had one episode so far, and while it's not rewriting the books on good Power Ranger seasons, it's not bad, so you could do worse.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Surec posted:

Hey, he only used his powers for defense.
Forever RedDead

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It was a freak accident. What should have happened is when he stabbed him, a burn mark would appear on the victim's shirt and then he would jump backwards doing a couple twists and fall to the ground in slow motion

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

It was a freak accident. What should have happened is when he stabbed him, a burn mark would appear on the victim's shirt and then he would jump backwards doing a couple twists and fall to the ground in slow motion

See I'm just wondering how he dealt with the victim exploding and then growing a few stories tall...

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

jivjov posted:

See I'm just wondering how he dealt with the victim exploding and then growing a few stories tall...

Wildforce Megazord.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pyroi posted:

Wildforce Megazord.
The Red Wild Force Ranger isn't able to summon the Megazord on his own you scrub.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pretty sure the wild force megazord was destroyed anyway.

So he'd have to use the cycle thing that kid gave him.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

greatn posted:

Pretty sure the wild force megazord was destroyed anyway.

So he'd have to use the cycle thing that kid gave him.

Well, it worked on Serpentera.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I hated Wild Force, but drat if he wasn't passionate in his role. Still a shitlord, though. Will be interesting to see how the trial plays out.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think there will be a trial. Probably a plea to a lesser charge like manslaughter.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He was released with no charges, for now.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hooray! It really did sound like self defense, though he probably could have defence himself non lethally.

Silver lining is he gets all As this semester.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Fun with local news coverage:

"Medina played the Red Ranger Deker"
Medina played Deker on Power Rangers Samurai (footage of RPM Red vs Samurai Red plays)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
So my 'Power Rangers With Gratuitous Latin' shirts from Once Upon A Tee came in:

Irrationally impressed by how good they came out, but also kinda wondering when I'll have the stones to wear them publicly.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Don't be a pansy and just wear them. Somebody will probably say "cool shirt" and that's it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah I would understand being apprehensive about wearing a shirt like that if it were from a more recent series, but you're wearing something from a 1993 series so nostalgia makes it perfectly acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, the Green one will get you a high five, probably.