Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Apep727 posted:

Okay, I'm going to get a bit personal here:

I'm an aspiring writer. I want to write fiction, and get paid for it. I want to see stuff with my name on it in book stores and libraries. I like writing, and like to think that I'm pretty good at it.

So when you jokingly compared my narrative sensibilities to George Lucas's (and I think we all know which of his movies you're referencing) I got offended. You might have meant that as a joke, but it's not funny to me. You're not just making fun of my opinion, you're making fun of a core part of who I am.

But hey, you got a chuckle out this, and that's all that really matters, right?

Screw you, you goddamn troll.

Don't worry, truly terrible writers get published all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Apep727 posted:

I'm an aspiring writer. I want to write fiction, and get paid for it. I want to see stuff with my name on it in book stores and libraries. I like writing, and like to think that I'm pretty good at it.

So when you jokingly compared my narrative sensibilities to George Lucas's (and I think we all know which of his movies you're referencing) I got offended. You might have meant that as a joke, but it's not funny to me. You're not just making fun of my opinion, you're making fun of a core part of who I am.

Mate, take it from someone who's already been where you are now: either develop a thick skin or get good at faking it, because random comments by strangers on the internet is easy mode when it comes to negative criticism.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Seriously. Also, holy poo poo man. Do not double down like you have.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he should take up treasure hunting instead of writing, because he sure keeps digging like a champ.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

HenryEx posted:

Maybe he should take up treasure hunting instead of writing, because he sure keeps digging like a champ.

Not empty-quoting, holy poo poo

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Apep727 posted:

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKa3uEiZtRX1z-OGUJgq

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

You sonofabitch, I was about to do this.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Apep727 posted:

You really, really don't need to, here, in the Uncharted 4 LP thread.

You're acting more and more like George with every post.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
It's like pottery ... Etruscan?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What if Jeff retired from being a cameraman to become a novelist?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Keep digging, kid. You'll find your way through the lode of comedy gold soon enough.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Apep727 posted:

goldmine

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
It's over, Apep! We have the high ground!

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
If Nate is 40 in Uncharted 4, how old does that make Sully?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Quiet Python posted:

Sully is Eternal, he walked among the dawn of the world and he shall be there at his dusk.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Quiet Python posted:

Sully stopped keeping track sometime around when he shared a cigar with Genghis Khan.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Apep727 posted:

Apep727: I have a brilliant idea - let's make everyone related!

Thread: What do you mean, everyone?

Apep727:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Quiet Python posted:

Sully was born with a full head of grey hair and a mustache. Doctors still aren't certain where he got the cigar in there.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Lord Hydronium posted:

Sully was born with a full head of grey hair and a mustache. Doctors still aren't certain where he got the cigar in there.

Sully has not so much aged as gradually become a larger version of himself.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

akulanization posted:

Sully has not so much aged as gradually become a larger version of himself.

Via steady intake of alike bacterio-viral material

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sully reminisces fondly on his childhood growing up on the streets of Uruk under King Gilgamesh.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Funky Valentine posted:

Sully reminisces fondly on his childhood growing up on the streets of Uruk under King Gilgamesh.

The Hanging Gardens were actually the result of his first attempt at growing tobacco for his cigars.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I was getting really confused for a second there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Sully was Enkidu.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Sully was Enkidu.

This explains so much.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Waffleman_ posted:

Sully was Enkidu.

No, Enkidu dies. Sully must be Utna-Pishtu.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Episode 8 looks promising.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Stormgale posted:

Some things never pass. They never age, never disappear. They are melted in the soil. They were here before us, and they will be here when we perish. Time has no power over them.
Sully is the sand plague, then?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The internet always delivers in one way or another :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Samovar posted:

No, Enkidu dies.

That's what history says. ;)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
That's what the stories say more likely

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

When Adam and Eve descended upon earth what they first heard was a friendly offer of a cigar.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neil Gaiman's Sullivan.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rigged Death Trap posted:

When Adam and Eve descended upon earth what they first heard was a friendly offer of a cigar.

"Nah, steal the apple. It'll fetch a pretty goddamn penny when I wire it to Satan."

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Apep727 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is probably the best thing you have ever written

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Drythe posted:

Poster will look back on that and consider it their magnum opus.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Waffleman_ posted:

That's what history says. ;)

I ought to know.

I KILLED HIM!

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
If you look carefully, throughout countless pieces of historical record, you can find mention or image of a tall, grey haired man, with a preference for bright shirts and cigars. He is, when mentioned, inevitably recorded as a thief, of both valuables and of the beautiful wives of the rich and powerful.

Sully was the third thief at the crucifixion, the Third Thief, The Thief Who Didn't Get Caught.

E: Dunno if this has been mentioned before in the thread, but did you know that Dismas isn't actually a canonized catholic saint? Dudes not even named in the New Testament. You can thank Nicodeemus for that one.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Drythe posted:

It's not quite "EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT"-tier, but it's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope the game ends with Rafe hanging from a cliff by his fingertips, only to look up into the barrel of Nate's gun.

:fut:"Screw you, you goddamn troll.":fut:

Followed by a big pizza party, credits, trophy unlocked.

• Locked thread