Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Isle of Lewis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Big Fan Of Lewis Here

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Theophany posted:

poty is a posting treasure.

a literal insane person, but still, a posting treasure

Sure, I'm insane. Insanely aware that your favourite driver Nico Rosberg (under the worst pen name ever) can't stop writing articles about how Lewis shouldn't be knighted. He's obsessed!

https://twitter.com/racefansdotnet/status/1211560218632622080

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I didn't realize that Sir Jackie (to be addressed as "Man" and hailed by the Royal Greeting "Hey,") was the only Knight of Boris's Great England from F1. Big if true.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Sure, I'm insane. Insanely aware that your favourite driver Nico Rosberg (under the worst pen name ever) can't stop writing articles about how Lewis shouldn't be knighted. He's obsessed!

https://twitter.com/racefansdotnet/status/1211560218632622080

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I didn't realize that Sir Jackie (to be addressed as "Man" and hailed by the Royal Greeting "Hey,") was the only Knight of Boris's Great England from F1. Big if true.

Two extremely good posts.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Still we rise guys.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Horsebanger posted:

Still we rise guys.

Do you eat the meat after you bang the horse? This is important.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I haven't eaten a horse that wasn't in a mince pie without my knowledge.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Horsebanger posted:

I haven't eaten a horse that wasn't in a mince pie without my knowledge.

Mince pie or minced pie? Because I have some Christmas ones leftover and I don't want to start supporting Red Bull and Williams...

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

There's also Are Stirlin'.

So neither big nor true.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Rebus posted:

There's also Are Stirlin'.

So neither big nor true.

The quote does say F1 WDC's

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

djssniper posted:

The quote does say F1 WDC's

The article does, the quote doesn't :colbert:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sir Stirling, 1955 World Not Wanting To Withdraw After Running Over 80 Frenchmen Champion (in contrast to John Fitch who was disqualified from said Championship), OBE

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
I got F1 on-demand thing for $26/yr so I can watch all the old races. Are there any particularly good races I should check out? I've only watch all of 2019's season, and a few races from 2018.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tagdoodle posted:

I got F1 on-demand thing for $26/yr so I can watch all the old races. Are there any particularly good races I should check out? I've only watch all of 2019's season, and a few races from 2018.

2018 German GP, 2014 Bahrain GP, 2011 Canadian GP, and 2008 Brazilian GP are all worth a watch.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Monza 1988

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

2005 US

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Tagdoodle posted:

Brazil 2012. Malaysia 2016. Hungary 2014. Azerbaijan 2017.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Max signed on with Red Bull until 2023

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Custard Undies posted:

Max signed on with Red Bull until 2023

may as well, nobody else wants him

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

A very #blessed race

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

may as well, nobody else wants him
Just loving lmao if you think this.
Max is 22, he's got plenty of time to be faithful to RB and go for a WDC there before deciding he can only win that in the fastest car, a la poois.

He's also going to be drowning in buckets of cash and his dad would have beaten a performance clause out of Horner anyway.
It's a good time to be Max or a Max fan.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khablam posted:

Max is 22, he's got plenty of time to be faithful to RB and go for a WDC there before deciding he can only win that in the fastest car, a la poois.

He's also going to be drowning in buckets of cash and his dad would have beaten a performance clause out of Horner anyway.

In Max's favour he'll have a few years to go for a WDC once Lewis retires. On the downside Are Lando and Are George will be in their prime by then.

Hard luck Max, if you were around in an era with fewer good English lads and more German pissbabies you may have had a shot. RIP in peace when Jos the Boss works all of this out.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Max's arc will that of Felipe Massa. Overshadowed by a superior talent in his prime, choked when he had the opportunity, before being left to spend his twilight years getting spanked around by a hot young Canadian talent in a team whose fall from grace so closely mirrorred his own.

It will be hilarious at the end of the 2032 Syrian Grand Prix on the Ruins of Damascus Street Circuit when Liberty Media's Vaarwel Max! CGI shitshow is plastered across the screen as we toast Max's 0 WDCs.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Max will never be WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
More like Min

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Who cares about frog man
Honda staying is good for the sport

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made

:Captain America I get this Reference:

I actually knew about this because it was an interesting story from the tires point of view. I work in the polyolefin/polymer/rubber industry, and though the closest I have ever gotten to working on anything F1 tire related was an interview at Bridgestone, its something I can't help but be fascinated by. As such, the cluster gently caress that was the 2005 US GP is a story I heard about long before getting interested in actual F1 racing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tagdoodle posted:

I actually knew about this because it was an interesting story from the tires point of view. I work in the polyolefin/polymer/rubber industry, and though the closest I have ever gotten to working on anything F1 tire related was an interview at Bridgestone, its something I can't help but be fascinated by. As such, the cluster gently caress that was the 2005 US GP is a story I heard about long before getting interested in actual F1 racing.

If you're a tire sperg then the 2010 Canadian GP is also worth a watch as it's basically why we now have super fickle tires in F1.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

:golfclap:

I got a good laugh out of that. :xd:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Mosley's interview show segment about the 05 US GP was p. good. He makes a convincing case that he actually made all the right decisions and that Max Did Nothing Wrong. Hail Max.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
one of the things that i hate the most about current day formula 1 is the attrition actor. every single element of the loving cars are made with durability in mind instead of performance the tyres being the worst offenders

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tagdoodle posted:

Idr the interview with the Durex CEO asking how they developed new rubber to protect all the teams getting hosed by Ferrari so hard

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lewis is poo poo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He sold his private jet.

hraringly bloingler
Feb 22, 2005

Nice article from October

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lewis is so good the Americans literally made a play about him and pretended he was American

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lewis fans have brain worms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

#blessed brainworms