Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

The shipping container's top 5 video game list are collectively very sad

Mike Ryan's Super Mario Kart erasure shall not stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1431636515453538305?s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm like 2 weeks behind on the show but if the Dolphins trade for Watson I feel like it's going to be appointment viewing

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm like 2 weeks behind on the show but if the Dolphins trade for Watson I feel like it's going to be appointment viewing

Either that or the Dolphins will cease to exist as far as the show's concerned. I don't see anything in the middle happening.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Anals of History posted:

Either that or the Dolphins will cease to exist as far as the show's concerned. I don't see anything in the middle happening.

Billy's time to shine

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Great more time for the browns and jets

Oh gently caress and steelers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Great more time for the Miami Hurricanes*

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

God please no

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
The three weeks before LSU-Miami two years ago were some of my favorite episodes ever

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Replace the National Anthem with this before every game. I will stand every time, hat over heart and saluting.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I’m fine with golden cane talk cause it always involves dunking of ND.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Adun posted:

The three weeks before LSU-Miami two years ago were some of my favorite episodes ever

This was the emergence of Pipo, right? Yeah, those shows were great.

I've gone the opposite way on hating the local sports stuff. I'm way more invested in the Hurricanes and Heat than my own home teams anymore.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ShutdownFullcas/status/1432737831080927249?s=20
it appears that Spencer, Holly, Jason, and a Bloomin' Onion have joined the ship

expect the imminent death of Stugotz at the hands of Ms Anderson, Alex Kirshner and Witty to get along swimmingly due to both being fancy, and Smetty to be repeatedly called a cop

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bomani on the pirate ship when

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

it appears that Spencer, Holly, Jason, and a Bloomin' Onion have joined the ship

expect the imminent death of Stugotz at the hands of Ms Anderson, Alex Kirshner and Witty to get along swimmingly due to both being fancy, and Smetty to be repeatedly called a cop

People were asking where the team was going to get football analysis like what they've gotten from Amin, Haberstroh, and Renee Montgomery for basketball. This seems like the best possible outcome to fill that gap.

a neat cape posted:

Bomani on the pirate ship when

His serving as an exec producer on Costas' HBO show seems like a step toward independence from ESPN if not one specifically toward Meadowlark. I have to imagine he's going to be one of the next ESPN people to get one of those -60% contract renewal offers when the time comes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Troy Queef posted:

Never listened to this before, but it seems exciting!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I uh...I think I might like the show better without Dan :ohdear:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think he just needed a vacation, can't imagine the stress he has been under since leaving ESPN. He does have a pattern of going hard, quality slipping, but he always comes back strong.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I need a break from the show whenever Stu is driving. Ugh.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It used to be very bad when Dan was out. There are so many good voices in the shipping container now to help carry a show, especially Mike.

I’m glad Dan is getting a vacation. He will be back and fresh for the best time of the sports year.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Shutdown Fullcast joining LAF/Meadowlark is amazing news. Can’t wait for Spencer to be a regular on Monday shows

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

It used to be very bad when Dan was out. There are so many good voices in the shipping container now to help carry a show, especially Mike.

I’m glad Dan is getting a vacation. He will be back and fresh for the best time of the sports year.

Oh I know, I used to cringe when Dan went on vacation. Actually I used to cringe every August because Dan and Stu both went on vacation and we got people I've never heard of filling in (not the Pablos or Amins of the world). I was just listening today and it felt like the conversation was flowing better then it has been in a while without Dan repeating the same thought 3 times in different wording or running over an organic topic change to keep talking about what his pet thought of the day is. Hopefully he gets some chill time and can blow off some steam.

Correction: I was listening to yesterdays show today

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes the show has been 10x better than it ever has when Dan/Stu goes on vacation. I used to skip those shows. Stu driving too long can be annoying but the crew are there. The additions of Witty and Jessica were so good. Somehow Witty has all the characteristics of Pablo but is completely different.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Oh I know, I used to cringe when Dan went on vacation. Actually I used to cringe every August because Dan and Stu both went on vacation and we got people I've never heard of filling in (not the Pablos or Amins of the world). I was just listening today and it felt like the conversation was flowing better then it has been in a while without Dan repeating the same thought 3 times in different wording or running over an organic topic change to keep talking about what his pet thought of the day is. Hopefully he gets some chill time and can blow off some steam.

Correction: I was listening to yesterdays show today

Dan: So here is LeBron at the height of the sport and he decides I’m going to get into Hollywood and make whatever I want.

Mike: But none of it has been good so far.

Dan: No, but I’m not interested in the specifics of what he’s making. [repeats point about player empowerment and how LeBron produces movies and TV shows].

Stu: But I think Mike has a valid point. Has anything LeBron made been any good yet?

Dan: But Stugotz, it doesn’t matter if it’s any good. LeBron has bleep you power in that league and now he has bleep you power in Hollywood.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

Spencer and Jason have technically been free agents but Holly and Ryan both were still employed by SB Nation, so this jump must be good for all of them. Ryan should also add in some behind-the-scenes help given he was a manager at SBN as well. Holly probably as well.

Oh god, the eventual live shows are going to be a monster.

Somebody in the Moon Crew discord said “well a pirate ship is basically a big-rear end jet ski,” so I feel like these groups will get along swimmingly.

[Edit]
https://twitter.com/shutdownfullcas/status/1432811533936037896

harperdc fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 1, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Never listened to this before, but it seems exciting!

I might be the only person who reads this thread that is more familiar with the Fullcast than Dan's crew, but from what I do know it seems like one hell of a good match.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I might be the only person who reads this thread that is more familiar with the Fullcast than Dan's crew, but from what I do know it seems like one hell of a good match.

I’m also a much more recent convert to the LeBatard crew, but have listened there a couple years. The Fullcast crew absolutely have the same energy and treat sports in a similar way - jokes, until you need to hammer in some serious point. And then back to jokes. The LeBatard show would play it a little more straight since their heritage is on radio, but still.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

Dan: So here is LeBron at the height of the sport and he decides I’m going to get into Hollywood and make whatever I want.

Mike: But none of it has been good so far.

Dan: No, but I’m not interested in the specifics of what he’s making. [repeats point about player empowerment and how LeBron produces movies and TV shows].

Stu: But I think Mike has a valid point. Has anything LeBron made been any good yet?

Dan: But Stugotz, it doesn’t matter if it’s any good. LeBron has bleep you power in that league and now he has bleep you power in Hollywood.

ah god why

Grittybeard posted:

The fact that they linked their greatest disasters is a good start for connecting with the DLS audience. I maintain that the complete trainwreck that was the live animal segment with Ron during the 24 stream was one of the best moments in show history.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If you want a good intro to Shutdown Fullcast, this remains one of my all time favorites:

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2018/5/22/17381724/shutdown-fullcast-the-academics-episode

quote:

Topics include!

A brief discussion of our worst academic failings including the time Spencer took judo

No really Spencer took judo and never bought the textbook, which really come on who expects a judo class to have a “book”

Holly Anderson joins us to talk about how every SEC school is the same kind of dumb, but a different kind of smart (Tennessee = prepper smarts, Kentucky = “living comfortably inside the walls of someone else’s house for years on end undetected” smarts.)

A walk through conference rankings including realizing the ACC is really jampacked with preppie fascists, and that we don’t really trust any of them in a crisis situation until you get down to Clemson and Virginia Tech

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

One of the high points is Your College Team as Biblical Character or Story, from May 2019 if you want to search for a non-Spotify option in a podcast aggregator of choice.

all of the Disaster episodes are great, and all of the 40 for 40 college bowl previews (when some would be like two minutes) are outstanding works of art. Also the origin of singing "Holiday Road" as "Holiday Bowl," which is fantastic.

I guess we'll have to wait for this week's Fullcast (and possibly Split Zone Duo just for full Moon Crew coverage?) to see what the details are, but I'm excited. They're going to make some beautiful stupidity together.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Double posting: from the most recent Fullcast, it sounds like the plan with Meadowlark is Fullcast After Dark, which they’re at least targeting as a kind of College Football Final spiritual successor. But with much less Lou Holtz.

Probably a YouTube live show on Saturday nights during football season. Seems like Dan forgot it was college football season soon until like two weeks ago. Also, sounds like Jessica will be involved, which is fun. Imagine a web site that once had her, Spencer, Holly, Jason, and more all writing. Huh. That would be neat!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Got the hour 2 pod pumped into the room where I was getting an MRI last night. Not the best audio quality for obvious reasons but it made an hour in the doom tube flyby.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1433840962636292117

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

For anyone else who is old and haven't heard the phase "fuckboy" before:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/fuckboy/

quote:

WHAT DOES FUCKBOY MEAN?
A fuckboy is that guy … the one who doesn’t respect women, but relies on them heavily. He’s distant, doesn’t care about other people’s time, and won’t commit. He’s self-absorbed, does stupid things, and fucks with others’ emotions.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Is Dan back yet

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

No, but today was a good show. They invented so many new games!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I get this reference

https://twitter.com/__chriscote/status/1435403321943154689

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

swickles posted:

No, but today was a good show. They invented so many new games!

I was so excited when Billy said “I gotta tell ya” but no pay off. I know those games will never be back but drat it they were the best. Robot!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

highly questionable ends tomorrow

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1435952368986820610

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

poo poo. Even without Dan and Papi, it was enjoyable and gave a place for fun personalities to gently caress around while talking about sports. That it's getting replaced with more Jets coverage was inevitable but still depressing. Maybe Debatable will have some of the same energy but that seems hard to believe.

Related to yesterday's show, I didn't think what Mike had to say about not desiring interaction with randos to offensive at all. Yeah, he was clearly in a foul mood and could've phrased things differently but it seemed perfectly understandable. The number of emotionally stunted, entitled motherfuckers that popped up to say some equivalent of I PAY YOUR SALARY or YOU SHOULD'VE TAKEN ANOTHER JOB after that was disappointing.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 9, 2021