Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm not sure what I should do with the Thunderbolt other than keep running north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Some unlucky rolls there, looks like the hunchie did it's job and soaked up fire so the smaller mechs could get some hits in

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Scintilla posted:

Yes, you would have LOS.

Excellent, thank you. Claiming 0709, orders in.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Wow, yeah that really didn't pay off. I knew I would be slower this turn, but just really hoped that something would hit. Now I've got an unshakable Wolverine behind me. Time to weigh which spot is going to hurt the least.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Farseli posted:

Wow, yeah that really didn't pay off. I knew I would be slower this turn, but just really hoped that something would hit. Now I've got an unshakable Wolverine behind me. Time to weigh which spot is going to hurt the least.

Honestly I suggest just getting in the woods, 0417 or 0517. If you torso twist you may be able to shoot someone? The lack of agility in our lance is giving us a bit of a handicap. The Thunderbolt could run to 0414 for similar safety reasons.

On the other hand I’m not sure if we’ll be any closer to defeating them with these moves. It’s uh, hard to make much of this battle to be honest.

My other move, which is designed for maniacs is for the Thunderbolt to walk forward a bit, turn around, and use it’s multi trac to open fire on the Sentinel and Wolverine.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.

glwgameplayer posted:

Honestly I suggest just getting in the woods, 0417 or 0517. If you torso twist you may be able to shoot someone? The lack of agility in our lance is giving us a bit of a handicap.
I can do 0417. If I wasn't overheating I could get to 0517, but 0417 at least gives +2 for my own defense. Gonna be banking on that narrow profile keeping me alive.

Thankfully my flippy arms will let me put both MLAS on him and give me a chance to cool down.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

QKD, i have the very spicy option of running or jumping to 0817 and trying to kick the griffin in the head. i think can run and fire all my short-range stuff on 8s, and only gain a little heat

it would also put me relatively out of position, and open me up to the commando hitting on 6s, which is what makes it so dang spicy

thoughts?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

on a different note, i got tired of tilting my head to double-check hit zones, and took the diagram and made it translucent so now i can just slap it in a new layer over the current turn's map and move/rotate it. so much easier! differences in terrain height make it not line up 100% perfectly but it's good enough. here it is, in case anyone else could use it:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Running to 0212 since I think that's as far north as I can get.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I just want to pop in say those 3D maps being used are exquisite.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

I just want to pop in say those 3D maps being used are exquisite.

Glad to hear you like them! MegaMek's map editor is pretty clunky and unintuitive, but I think I've just about got the hang of it now. I'm currently working on the map for the next mission, which will take place in an urban environment. Getting large buildings to align nicely on a hexagonal grid has been a challenge, since they tend to morph into deranged fractals if they aren't placed well.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

biosterous posted:

QKD, i have the very spicy option of running or jumping to 0817 and trying to kick the griffin in the head. i think can run and fire all my short-range stuff on 8s, and only gain a little heat

it would also put me relatively out of position, and open me up to the commando hitting on 6s, which is what makes it so dang spicy

thoughts?

That does seem quite spicy. It's a bursting joy of missiles just waiting for you.

Orders submitted. Claiming the heavy wood of 0417.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

decided to take a less spicy approach, jumping to the Dervish's current position in 0412 and sending some LRMs at the Griffin. orders in!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Snow_Scar_[3901]: Turn 7

Jean-Paul Camus had always been good at turning developing situations to his advantage. As a child he had hoarded trading cards and sold the rare ones to his friends and family for a cash profit. In his teenage years he had graduated to selling scrap metal from Panzyr II’s orbital debris field. He would listen out for radio reports of impact events, then take his uncle’s battered old flatbed out to the crash site and snatch up all the good stuff before the licensed salvage teams could even get a sniff in. When the army recruiter had come to town he had been one of the first to sign up – not because he wanted to fight, but because he knew that if he could make officer grade it would open many doors for him in the future. When a lance of pirate battlemechs had come raiding, Jean-Paul hadn’t been the one to shut down the leader’s Wolverine with a well-placed barrage of portable Inferno SRMs… but he had been the only one close enough to run over and slap a satchel charge on the mech’s cockpit, taking the pilot prisoner and earning the rights to his mech in the process.

Some might call such behaviour naked opportunism, but Jean-Paul preferred to think of it as enlightened self-interest. The galaxy was cold and indifferent, and you had to make the most of the few table-scraps it tossed you. Sharp elbows and a calculating mentality might not have made Jean-Paul many friends, but they had earned him a battlemech and a well-paid job, which was more than the other 99% of the Inner Sphere could boast about.

As Jean-Paul guided his Wolverine down another such opportunity unfolded beneath him. The mercenary Marauder was lumbering through the snow, and his current trajectory would take him directly behind it. Isolated and overheating, the heavy mech looked like easy prey. Guided by his instincts, Jean Paul opened fire as soon as he landed, unleashing his full arsenal against the unprotected battlemech. As his weapons spoke, however, Jean-Paul realised that he had been too hasty. The shock of the landing ruined his aim, and every single shot either missed or slammed into the ground.

Jean-Paul’s disappointment turned to dismay as the Marauder’s arms suddenly flipped backwards. The flexibility of the mech’s arm actuators was well-known, but he was shocked that they could bend one hundred and eighty degrees even in such freezing temperatures. The Marauder’s weapon pods flashed, and damage alerts flashed across Jean-Paul’s viewscreens as the mech’s arm-mounted laser carved molten lines into the Wolverine’s armour. Jean-Paul held his breath, then relaxed as the diagnostics confirmed that the damage was minor. His confidence restored, Jean-Paul activated his comms and beamed a suggestion to Etienne and the others.

Camus. Marauder isolated and in difficult terrain. Propose encirclement / defeat in detail.

Dervish DV-6M (Player) jumps into Deep Snow and automatically bogs down!

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (Player):
-Fires LRM-10 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 9: 3 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 3 damage to Left Leg, 17/20 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3R (Player):
-Reverses arms and fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Centre Torso! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Reverses arms and fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Left Arm! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 11/16 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
-Fires LRM-10 at Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 5: Misses!

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player):
-Holds fire!

--

Weapons fire for Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Fires PPC at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 10, rolls 9: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Fires Large Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 9, rolls 9: Hits Right Leg!! Narrow Profile reduces damage to 4! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 4 damage to Right Leg, 14/18 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-2 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 11, rolls 10: Misses!

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/5 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 11, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires SRM-6 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

-No melee attacks this turn!

Subtracting 2 heat from all units due to Arctic Conditions…

Dervish DV-6M (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 5 heat. Overheating!

Marauder MAD-3R (Player) gains 6 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) gains 7 heat, sinks 7 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 11 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 4 heat.

Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 9 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Dervish DV-6M (Player) attempts to break free of Deep Snow. Needs 5, rolls 7: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Hyper-Extending Actuators: The mech can reverse its arms as if it lacked Hand and Lower Arm Actuators.
-Multi-Trac: The mech does not suffer the usual penalties when splitting fire between multiple targets.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.

--

Primary Objectives:
-Ruby Lance reaches the Northern Map Border (0/4)

Secondary Objectives:
-Destroy at least three Fusilier battlemechs (0/3) (100,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy all six Fusilier battlemechs (0/6) (200,000 C-Bill reward)

--

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 5th 9:00PM GMT.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Dervish

Can I jump to 0209?

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
I suggest that our Maurauder walk into the heavy woods two tiles in front of it. Between the torso twist and the flippy arms, I'm sure you could smack the poo poo out of the Commando or the Wolverine. They're close enough that the PPC will take penalties I think, but with the cold air helping you out you could fire one PPC and all your other arms for neutral heat

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

QKD and TDR could both go another ring-out attempt on the sentinel :v:

AJ_Impy posted:

Dervish

Can I jump to 0209?

nope - you're at elevation -6 so with 5 jumpjets you could only boost up to elevation -1, and that tile is elevation 0

biosterous fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 3, 2023

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Would I have LOS on the Hunchback from 0209? I would really like to unload on its back from point blank.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I can see why the Marauder can be such a pain in the rear end to fight. A heavily armored 'mech with Narrow Profile must be hair-pullingly infuriating to try and take down.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The only thing worse is a durable jumper with nimble jumper.

Like the Wraith.

The Marauder II also has a narrow profile, as does the Cauldron Born

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Dervish

Orders in. Claiming 0306 for a cooldown turn. Technically one jump away from the objective, though planning on going for the bonuses.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

AJ_Impy posted:

Dervish

Can I jump to 0209?

Just to confirm what biosterous has already said - there are 6 levels of elevation between your position and Hex 0209, and since the Dervish only has 5 Jump MP you can't quite make it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Scintilla posted:

Just to confirm what biosterous has already said - there are 6 levels of elevation between your position and Hex 0209, and since the Dervish only has 5 Jump MP you can't quite make it.

Yup. To be honest that was my initial read, I'm just glad as a team we have someone else to get those backshots in.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

glwgameplayer posted:

I suggest that our Maurauder walk into the heavy woods two tiles in front of it. Between the torso twist and the flippy arms, I'm sure you could smack the poo poo out of the Commando or the Wolverine. They're close enough that the PPC will take penalties I think, but with the cold air helping you out you could fire one PPC and all your other arms for neutral heat
I was thinking this against the Wolverine. I'm using the woods, Narrow Profile, and these flippy arms for all they are worth. It wasn't lost on me how anything with a Narrow Profile weathered a lot for its size.

Orders submitted.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

QKD jumping to 0208 to join in on the HBK destruction. gonna have great odds, worth building up some heat this turn

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Really vindicating the decision to finish my Marauder mini for the Com Guards.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

CirclMastr posted:

Would I have LOS on the Hunchback from 0209? I would really like to unload on its back from point blank.

Sorry, somehow I managed to miss this query until now - yes, you do have LOS from 0209.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Scintilla posted:

Sorry, somehow I managed to miss this query until now - yes, you do have LOS from 0209.

Excellent, orders sent.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Snow_Scar_[3901]: Turn 8

Anna grimaced as she watched Kai-xi’s Quickdraw topple over backwards. The Capellan had leant over the cliffside and poured fire into the Fusilier Hunchback, but the doughty medium had hit back twice as hard, and its heavier armament had ensured that it got the better of the exchange. A shot from Cosette’s autocannon had hit Kai-xi’s mech squarely in the shoulder, spinning it around and sending it tumbling to the ground. It wasn’t a knockout blow – the Quickdraw’s fingers flexed and dug small furrows in the snow, proving that Kai-xi’s neurohelmet was still connected - but his mech’s armour was a mess of shattered plates and semi-molten steel.

Anna set her jaw and twisted her Thunderbolt to face the Hunchback. So far she hadn’t had a chance to see what the heavy mech was truly capable of, but now the Fusilier mech stood dead in the middle of her crosshairs. The path it was climbing was narrow, leaving no room to dodge, and the Hunchback itself was at just the right angle for her to get a shot at its thin rear armour. Knowing that such a perfect opportunity would never come again, Anna triggered the Thunderbolt’s firing circuit, unleashing every weapon in its arsenal aside from its long-range missiles.

The Thunderbolt lived up to both its name and reputation. A low rumble filled Anna’s ears as her pod simulated the mech’s massive engine ramping up its output, flooding her weapons systems with the energy they needed to bring ruin to her target. The Hunchback briefly vanished as the Thunderbolt’s lasers converged on its unprotected back, their combined brightness momentarily overwhelming the cockpit canopy’s protective measures. Anna kept her firing stud depressed for as long as possible, raking the Hunchback’s position with SRMs and Machine Gun fire. It was an old trick that Mike had taught her – smash the enemy’s armour with your big guns, then riddle their insides with bullets and missiles until something important broke.

The Hunchback stoically weathered her assault, doggedly advancing up the cliffside even as Anna’s weapons stripped tons of armour from its frame. Nevertheless, it was clear that the mech wouldn’t last much longer. Its rear armour had been thoroughly shredded, exposing many critical systems, chief among them the ammunition feed for its powerful autocannon. One more well-placed shot would blow the mech sky-high.

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (Player):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3R (Player):
-Reverses arms and fires PPC at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 2: Misses!
-Reverses arms and fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 9: Hits Right Arm! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Arm, 11/16 Armour remaining.
-Reverses arms and fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 9: Hits Left Arm! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 6/16 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 2: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 7: Hits Centre Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 21/26 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 10: Hits Left Arm! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 6/16 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-4 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 8: Hits Right Arm! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 8 damage to Right Arm, 6/16 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 8: Hits Right Arm! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Arm, 1/16 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 5: Hits Rear Left Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Rear Left Torso, 0/4 Armour, 11/12 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Torso! One Critical Hit sustained! Critical Hit on Heat Sink!
-Fires SRM-2 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 6: 1 Missile Hits! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Rear Right Torso, 6/12 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.
-Fires Machine Gun at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 9: Hits Left Leg! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Left Leg, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Machine Gun at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 4: Misses!

--

Weapons fire for Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires SRM-4 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits! Narrow Profile imposes -4 malus: number of missile hits reduced to 2! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 2 damage to Left Torso (15/17 Armour remaining) and Right Arm (20/22 Armour remaining).
-Fires SRM-6 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits! Narrow Profile imposes -4 malus: number of missile hits reduced to 2! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 2 damage to Centre Torso (32/35 Armour remaining) and Right Torso (10/17 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Fires PPC at Thunderbolt TBT-5S (Player); needs 10, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Thunderbolt TBT-5S (Player); needs 10, rolls 9: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 12, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires SRM-4 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/10 at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 8, rolls 9: Hits Right Arm! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 10 damage to Right Arm, 1/11 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 8, rolls 12: Hits Centre Torso! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 12/17 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Centre Torso! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 7/17 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 8, rolls 11: Hits Left Torso! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Torso, 9/14 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 8, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 8, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Fires Large Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires SRM-2 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 11: 2 Missiles Hit! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 2 damage to Left Torso (13/17 Armour remaining) and Right Torso (8/17 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/5 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires SRM-6 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 7, rolls 8: Hits! Narrow Profile imposes -4 malus: number of missile hits reduced to 4! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 2 damage to Right Arm (18/22 Armour remaining), Rear Right Torso (6/8 Armour remaining), Left Leg (16/18 Armour remaining) and Rear Left Torso (6/8 Armour remaining).

-No melee attacks this turn!

Subtracting 2 heat from all units due to Arctic Conditions…

Dervish DV-6M (Player) gains 3 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Marauder MAD-3R (Player) gains 16 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) gains 18 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 5 heat. Overheating!

Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player) gains 18 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 3 heat.

--

Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 16 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 8 heat. Overheating!

Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers) gains 9 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) gains 15 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) gains 7 heat, sinks 7 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
Took 20+ Damage; needs 6, rolls 4: Fails!
-Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) falls on its rear, suffering 5 damage to Left Leg (10/15 Armour remaining) and 1 damage to Left Leg (9/15 Armour remaining).
--Kai-xi Yeoung must roll a 6 to avoid a pilot hit; rolls 4: Fails! Takes a Hit!

Piloting checks for Marauder MAD-3R (Player):
Took 20+ Damage; needs 6, rolls 7: Succeeds!

Piloting checks for Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers):
Took 20+ Damage; needs 6, rolls 7: Succeeds!

--

Kai-xi Yeoung (Quickdraw QKD-4Gr) has taken 1 damage this turn! Kai-xi Yeoung must pass a consciousness test or fall unconscious!
-Kai-xi Yeoung must roll a 3+ to remain conscious! Rolls 8: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Hyper-Extending Actuators: The mech can reverse its arms as if it lacked Hand and Lower Arm Actuators.
-Multi-Trac: The mech does not suffer the usual penalties when splitting fire between multiple targets.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.

--

Primary Objectives:
-Ruby Lance reaches the Northern Map Border (0/4)

Secondary Objectives:
-Destroy at least three Fusilier battlemechs (0/3) (100,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy all six Fusilier battlemechs (0/6) (200,000 C-Bill reward)

--

Next Orders Due: Saturday 9th 9:00PM GMT.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 6, 2023

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

RIP Marauder

e: it might have enough damage to eat through the hornet at least but it will be shooting at least through +8s if im counting correctly

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 6, 2023

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Dear lord… alright so uh. The best thing the Marauder can do I think is stand right there and pick a mech to crush the legs of (how much damage does a 75 ton mech do on a kick?) and pick someone else to open fire on. The woods will afford you a little protection. But retreat isn’t really an option. The rest of the lance needs to help you out pronto.

For the Hunchback I don’t think we have to worry too much. The Dervish is well equipped to jump behind the Hunchback and poke it’s armor a billion times, pray to break something important and blow it up. Not too keen on jumping into the snow though…

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

drat, this hasn't played out well. I think that MAD is lost, maybe time to finish the HBK from the rear with the Dervish while the others just rush the end of the map.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Amechwarrior posted:

drat, this hasn't played out well. I think that MAD is lost, maybe time to finish the HBK from the rear with the Dervish while the others just rush the end of the map.

thats what the taurians would do

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
That's one hell of a brawl!

Y'know, there are a bunch of 'mechs standing there with their backs towards the rest of the lance...

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Here’s what I’m thinking. The Hornet’s leg armor is thin enough the Marauder can instantly kill it with a kick, and we have the hunchback dead to rights. All we need is one more kill for our first bonus objective, and then we can bounce

Edit: it also makes tactical sense. Cripple the enemy’s fast units and they’ll have trouble catching up

glwgameplayer fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 6, 2023

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

glwgameplayer posted:

For the Hunchback I don’t think we have to worry too much. The Dervish is well equipped to jump behind the Hunchback and poke it’s armor a billion times, pray to break something important and blow it up. Not too keen on jumping into the snow though…

Dervish

It's a risk I'm willing to take. Claiming 0408. Orders in. Help the Marauder.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

glwgameplayer posted:

(how much damage does a 75 ton mech do on a kick?)

A 75-ton mech's kick deals 15 damage, which is enough to leg either the Hornet or the Commando.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I think the marauder covering the retreat might be the best play if the situation isn't salvaged on the next turn by wiping out at least the HBK

Fusiliers might have this one

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

I'd say kick the Commando between it and the Hornet. It's a dangerous one. If the others are going to try and save the MAD, see if you can focus on the Sentinel. But I don't think you can get a rear arc on it. The Lance needs to come to a decision to either slug out or bug out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Amechwarrior posted:

I'd say kick the Commando between it and the Hornet. It's a dangerous one. If the others are going to try and save the MAD, see if you can focus on the Sentinel. But I don't think you can get a rear arc on it. The Lance needs to come to a decision to either slug out or bug out.

It only makes sense to me to play the objective. Slug out is bonus situation, bug out is a victory.