Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holy loving shitballs?

E: I really wonder about the mechanical implications with that kind of mod. If you consume all charges, will you still consume the charge that can't be removed? If so, that's insane for immortal call/discharge. Same of course applies if there's a frenzy and power charge variant for their respective skills. As for Tectonic Slam, the skill says "if you have an endurance charge" so that definitely works.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

TheRat posted:

Holy loving shitballs?

E: I really wonder about the mechanical implications with that kind of mod. If you consume all charges, will you still consume the charge that can't be removed? If so, that's insane for immortal call/discharge. Same of course applies if there's a frenzy and power charge variant for their respective skills. As for Tectonic Slam, the skill says "if you have an endurance charge" so that definitely works.

If you consume the charge that can't be removed then golden apple + kingsguard + 2x fragility is either functionally immortal or a server-crasher.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I guess if you can't actually consume an endurance charge when you're already at your minimum then it can't be used for a lot of things.
ALTERNATIVELY, note that the Eternal Apple activates when you LOSE an endurance charge. If you (attempt to) consume one but don't lose it because you're at the minimum, it won't trigger.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 21, 2018

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Eminai posted:

If you consume the charge that can't be removed then golden apple + kingsguard + 2x fragility is either functionally immortal or a server-crasher.

Throwback to the old "Ice Arrow + 100% Pierce + Three Dragons + Elemental Proliferation" server crasher.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Record a macro that equips and unequips the amulet 10 times a second. Easy.

I am 100% sure it won't work though, I'm sure that it won't count as gaining or losing a charge. However, it may see use for effects we're yet to see.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That's what I love about path of exile, it's not that that affix is really amazing on it's own, it's the fact everyone is wracking their brains trying to think of the hundred other interactions it would work with and break the game.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That's what I love about path of exile, it's not that that affix is really amazing on it's own, it's the fact everyone is wracking their brains trying to think of the hundred other interactions it would work with and break the game.

But have you considered two hundred posts whining about trading

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

edit: wrong thread. disregard

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

please knock Mom! posted:

you can just email support and they'll get back to you about comping you like 10 mins later

I tried that with the new betrayal packs and got this in reply:

quote:

Hey there,

Thanks for contacting Support.

We can only consider point pack purchases made from 13th November 2018 (9am NZT) onwards as eligible to be contributed to the Betrayal Supporter Packs. I have had a look and I'm afraid you currently have no eligible point pack purchases.

I apologise for not being of more assistance here, but please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Nav
(my initial point purchases were two months earlier)

So I wouldnt count on it working

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Salt Fish posted:

I think you're over estimating new player knowledge because I just got to the epilogue, have 40 hours logged, and I have no clue who those people are or what they do for you.

Click monster get item
Neither of them currently exist in game - they were the focus of previous leagues in the same way that Niko the Mad is currently.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

whypick1 posted:

Throwback to the old "Ice Arrow + 100% Pierce + Three Dragons + Elemental Proliferation" server crasher.

fun fact it was all the herald of ash ignite proliferations that murdered everything and crashed the servers.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

nightwisher posted:

Record a macro that equips and unequips the amulet 10 times a second. Easy.

I am 100% sure it won't work though, I'm sure that it won't count as gaining or losing a charge. However, it may see use for effects we're yet to see.

I'm betting that wouldn't work by the logic that removing the amulet would just mean you are no longer sustaining the minimum, so the endurance charge would still be there on unequip but will start to expire.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
e: disregard, that will teach me to not finish reading the post!

quote:

Our intention is to count your progress in the old Bestiary and Delve leagues towards your account-wide Einhar and Niko favour levels.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 21, 2018

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyV0kIp5n4

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Beautiful

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I've been playing up a saboteur, and trying out arc traps and GC mines. Traps feel a lot better, so why doesn't anyone use GC traps? Coincidentally I've a bunch of gear from my CP build that can be used in a GC build.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Disappointed they didn't mention what Niko's max rep depth would be.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

I'm glad they found out what was DDoSing the servers

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Dance Officer posted:

I've been playing up a saboteur, and trying out arc traps and GC mines. Traps feel a lot better, so why doesn't anyone use GC traps? Coincidentally I've a bunch of gear from my CP build that can be used in a GC build.

Because arc is OP as gently caress.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Dance Officer posted:

Wonky aiming and GC is bad at point blank range

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Qwertycoatl posted:

Wonky aiming and GC is bad at point blank range

Second question, is there any reason why 9 out of 10 lowlife sabo's use mines instead of traps? Better damage scaling?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Dance Officer posted:

Second question, is there any reason why 9 out of 10 lowlife sabo's use mines instead of traps? Better damage scaling?

Because people playing trappers just care about playing all game content comfortably and are satisfied with the already considerable damage of Arc traps, while people playing miners are tooltip whores who can't get it up anymore unless Path of Building says that they have 15 million+ Shaper DPS. (for 1 second, under ideal conditions with all flasks up, if Shaper stands still for 3 seconds of setup time)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If you've never played trap or mine before and you are new/relatively new player then go trap first.

You can respec easy enough into a mine build to see how you like it at higher level. Your gear is mostly the same minus lab enchants and there's a shaper helm I believe for mine builds that you'll want but easy enough to get.

Both steam roll content and gear is pretty cheap minus a loreweave early in a league. I only made it to 220 delves as a trapper before I made a new character but trapper is supposedly good in 300+ delves.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Ugh Ive been resisting coming back to this game but these changes are so juicy that I'm probably going to throw a couple of weeks of my life away again before quitting out of necessity.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

That's

haha

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

(for 1 second, under ideal conditions with all flasks up, if Shaper stands still for 3 seconds of setup time)
Funnily enough all of that is actually easy to setup during the Shaper fight.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It'll be interesting how they import Bestiary/Delve because I completed probably 98% of the Bestiary and got to depth like 530. So in theory I'll never have to worry about those shenanigans again and just need to collect useful monsters or delve nodes each league from here on.

Looking forward to sitting at 99/100 with Alva because I'll still somehow never get the third tier of Atziri's Throne, forever.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Wuxi posted:

Funnily enough all of that is actually easy to setup during the Shaper fight.

It's true! I played a tooltip whore Glacial Cascade miner in Abyss league and it manhandled Shaper.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

This is why I keep coming back to path of exile.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

I love this.
As an aside, the instance crash problem could be fixed by capping the number of stacks at 200 or some other reasonable number, then merging further incoming stacks somehow. Or something similar that would put an upper limit on the amount of calculations the server needs to do.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

....ok then...

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1065352469738217472

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Oh yay, cyclone/bv gloves.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh yay, cyclone/bv gloves.

what

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Think he meant Blade Flurry, not Blade Vortex

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

Just to be clear, the last two mods only count mods the actual map item, not from Sextants or Scarabs that may apply to it.

2nd time they've mentioned scarabs before they tell us what they are

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

whypick1 posted:

Think he meant Blade Flurry, not Blade Vortex

that would make more sense but what the hell is arcane wake

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Whats the deal with +life modifiers? I see items with like +80 life and it seems to cause the item to be way more valuable, but that's nothing on a character who already has 3k hp. I equipped one thinking maybe it would multiply with all my plus life skills but nope, its literally 80??

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Whats the deal with +life modifiers? I see items with like +80 life and it seems to cause the item to be way more valuable, but that's nothing on a character who already has 3k hp. I equipped one thinking maybe it would multiply with all my plus life skills but nope, its literally 80??

A decent tree has 200%+ life on it, which means those 80 life are now 240 life. That adds up very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

You're absolutely right, life is useless, the best defense is a good offense, they cant kill you if they're dead.