Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Ray Shero.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

peter chiarelli is a real idiot

It was Sweeney who passed on Barzal three times. That said, DeBrusk is one of the picks and he's got a real chance of making the team in a top 6 role, he did very well in the AHL and has been playing/practicing with Pastrnak and Krejci.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

T-Bone posted:

That's true but it was Sweeney by then.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Remember when all of us armchair GMs wanted the Rangers to pick Matteau and they picked Skjei instead?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
both Boeser and Virtanen are on the Canucks roster to start the season

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus-
MacLean:
2005- Gilbert Brule (traded to Edmonton for Raffi Torres, who was traded for Nathan Paetsch and a pick that didn't pan out).
2006- Derick Brassard (traded to NYR w/Moore and Dorsett for Marian Gaborik who was traded to Los Angeles for a grab bag of crap)
Howson:
2007- Jakub Voracek (traded to PHI w/2011 1st for Jeff Carter who was traded to Los Angeles for JMFJ and CBJ's 3rd 2013 1st (turned into Rychel))
2008- Nikita Filatov (traded to OTT for a 3rd)
2009- John Moore (traded to NYR w/Brassard and Dorsett for Marian Gaborik who was traded to Los Angeles for a grab bag of crap)
2010- Ryan Johansen (traded to NSH for Seth Jones)
2011- (Traded to PHI with Jakub Voracek for Jeff Carter who was traded to Los Angeles for JMFJ and CBJ's 3rd 2013 1st (turned into Rychel))
2012- Ryan Murray
Jarmo:
2013- Alexander Wennberg, Marko Dano (traded to CHI in Saad deal, later turned into Panarin), Kerby Rychel (LA pick from Carter deal, traded to TOR for Scott Harrington)

(Picks after 2013: 2014- Sonny Milano, 2015- Zach Werenski, Gabriel Carlsson, 2016- Pierre-Luc Dubois, 2017- Traded to Vegas to offload David Clarkson's contract.)

Two former or future first round picks were traded in the same deal twice and I never knew until now. :psyboom:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

AMac was made an alternate captain

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

JawKnee posted:

both Boeser and Virtanen are on the Canucks roster to start the season

No Megna, Chaput or Dorsett. It's looking better than I expected.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shyduck posted:

FAS, collectively: :suicide:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/KathrynTappen/status/915348381186379777

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

T-Bone posted:

I'll even include the second pick to show how badly Lou hosed up:

2005: Bergfors/Frazee
2006: Corrente/Vasunyov
2007: Hoeffel/N.Palmieri
2008: Tedenby/Burlon
2009: Josefson/Gelinas
2010: Merrill/Wedgewood
2011: Larsson/Coleman
2012: Matteau/Severson
2013: Santini/Kujawanski

So like two good d-men, one of which is still with the team. Granted, Tedenby became Kovalchuk, and Larsson became Hall.

This is what made it so painless to make the Caps my primary team, beyond just living in D.C.

Also this lazy Tom Wilson av is still up for grabs, if somebody is smarter than me and can think of something pithy about pizza and repeat offenders.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

mennoknight posted:

Jankowski is gonna eat all of those guys' asses

Not on opening day roster.

You know, to make room for Tanner Glass

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Chad Sexington posted:

This is what made it so painless to make the Caps my primary team, beyond just living in D.C.

Also this lazy Tom Wilson av is still up for grabs, if somebody is smarter than me and can think of something pithy about pizza and repeat offenders.

The better av would have been Craig Laughlin talking about how much he loves Paisano's wings

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aphrodite posted:

That's true but it was Sweeney by then.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It was Sweeney who passed on Barzal three times. That said, DeBrusk is one of the picks and he's got a real chance of making the team in a top 6 role, he did very well in the AHL and has been playing/practicing with Pastrnak and Krejci.

I'm thinking of the Reinhart trade (which became the Barzal pick) but Don Sweeney is an idiot as well although whats up with Connor having a poo poo preseason come on Kyle

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Yay Victor Mete made the Habs opening night roster. This kid came out of no-where and has been turning heads. Just as well since we need good defense after Emelin went to Vegas and Markov walked.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Zodijackylite posted:

Remember when all of us armchair GMs wanted the Rangers to pick Matteau and they picked Skjei instead?

"us"? I'm pretty sure it was known at the time that Matteau was a limited upside player who was getting some cred because of his dad. Not sure there were *that* many Rangers fans that wanted him.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I am confident Dallas will finish somewhere between first and eleventh in the west. You would think there would be some luck to make 11th seem impossible, but then a guy died for a bit.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

BurtLington posted:

Just as well since we need good defense after Emelin went to Vegas and Markov walked.

I'm pretty sure being on the Penalty Kill for the 22 or so minutes a game Alexei Emelin got would be better defensively than having Alexei Emelin playing.
And Markov didn't really walk. He had a quick look at what was available then when he came back to deal Bergevin gave his money away to Karl "I am not worth this AAV or Role anymore" Alzner.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

shyduck posted:

lmao you have to be kidding me

please, I can't loving take that

please....

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

8 years around $10 million per according to the usual reporters

edit: done deal

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/915358921753276416

sedative fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 4, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

shyduck posted:

Hey, someone had to take up the mantle from Pebbles

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I could see Pierre Luc Dubois in the Calder running just from an ice time standpoint.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Serge is gonna play with stralman.

Hedman - dotchin
Serge - stralman
Coburn - girardi
Koekkoek - sustr

Too bad defenseman don't qualify for the Calder. Right, werensky?

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 4, 2017

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

BurtLington posted:

Yay Victor Mete made the Habs opening night roster. This kid came out of no-where and has been turning heads. Just as well since we need good defense after Emelin went to Vegas and Markov walked.

The defense is trash with or without him. He might as well go back to the Knights where he can be awesome for 20+ minutes a game.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

sedative posted:

8 years around $10 million per according to the usual reporters

edit: done deal

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/915358921753276416

Rumors he's going to be named captain tomorrow too.

Good.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

Serge is gonna play with stralman.

Hedman - dotchin
Serge - stralman
Coburn - girardi
Koekkoek - sustr

Too bad defenseman don't qualify for the Calder. Right, werensky?

Can't wait to see Girardi getting some top pairing time when "the team needs some grit and veteran leadership to hold a lead"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

whatis posted:

Good.

Neat. Was thinking about following them as my east team this year and this helps.

Stars still gonna win the cup, but it's good to see buffalo be maybe cool and possibly good again.

E: rip Florida. You are run by baffling incompetence.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Levitate posted:

Can't wait to see Girardi getting some top pairing time when "the team needs some grit and veteran leadership to hold a lead"

you'll notice there are 8, i don't expect serge to play past nine games. unless he's lights out.

basically, we have three rookies on defense. and two in the top four. they brought girardi in to uhhhh give them his fatherly advice. teach them how to shave, i guess.

who knows how much he'll play. could end up with 20 minutes a night, could be getting great seats to the game. kinda depends on how the kids do.

but it will be interesting with all the rangers fans laughing at girardi, and on the opposite side of the mirror, me laughing at tony d

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

you'll notice there are 8, i don't expect serge to play past nine games. unless he's lights out.

basically, we have three rookies on defense. and two in the top four. they brought girardi in to uhhhh give them his fatherly advice. teach them how to shave, i guess.

who knows how much he'll play. could end up with 20 minutes a night, could be getting great seats to the game. kinda depends on how the kids do.

but it will be interesting with all the rangers fans laughing at girardi, and on the opposite side of the mirror, me laughing at tony d

TonyD will probably at least be exciting to watch even if it's in a trainwreck way

Girardi is like the longest drawn out "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this guy sucks"

But really who are we kidding TonyD will be in the pressbox and Staal-Holden will be racking up the important minutes

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

whatis posted:

Good.

This owns. Eichel owns.

I am cautiously optimistic this season.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

bizarre deformity posted:

This owns. Eichel owns.

I am cautiously optimistic this season.

Or, "just be better than the avalanche?"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/915252571727699968

this sounds bad, right? i was kind of wondering what the hawks coaching staff would make of murphy

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

hifi posted:

this sounds bad, right? i was kind of wondering what the hawks coaching staff would make of murphy

Jesus

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

ImplicitAssembler posted:

No Megna, Chaput or Dorsett. It's looking better than I expected.

Hmm maybe Green isn't Willie 2.0 after all. I met a HNIC producer who told me Green was way smarter than most people knew, and while normally I'd be inclined to be skeptical of some tv dude's opinion he then claimed to be responsible for hiring Friedman, so maybe he's right?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

also debrincat sent down

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Heliogabalos posted:

Hmm maybe Green isn't Willie 2.0 after all. I met a HNIC producer who told me Green was way smarter than most people knew, and while normally I'd be inclined to be skeptical of some tv dude's opinion he then claimed to be responsible for hiring Friedman, so maybe he's right?

"Smart enough not to play the shittiest players on the team" isn't a very high bar to clear, but it's a start.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

hifi posted:

Who are all these guys...

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

hifi posted:

also debrincat sent down

This is supposedly a temporary move for cap reasons and he'll be back up to start the season

which had better be the case cause I drafted him in fantasy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good soup! posted:

lmao you have to be kidding me

please, I can't loving take that

please....

I sincerely thought this was a joke but apparently this is actually happening. Good lord. I guess if anyone's deserving of it, it's the guy who they tried to bury in the minors because he isn't good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/FanSince09/status/721540049465049089

• Locked thread