Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I NEED AN ADULT

NSFW...miata?

E2: "A female Prius in late pregnancy with a litter of car pups."
:allbuttons:

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:colbert: that is terrible.

but not car stuff.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
jesus loving christ

please never post anything like that again

I feel like my decency has been violated in ways that even tubgirl and goatse couldn't achieve

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Well I'm out :suicide:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I can't decide if that's better or worse than the dragons that have sex with tailpipes.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

davebo posted:

I can't decide if that's better or worse than the dragons that have sex with tailpipes.

Worse. Definitely worse.

God dammit internet. WHY?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's Tusen Taak's next avatar :laffo:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

surely a Miata should have a more athletic build than that.

Oh god, why did I analyze that?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
A man’s Facebook post about an alleged “bad brake job” at a Jiffy Lube in Bakersfield that resulted in his vehicle being totaled has gone viral.

http://ktla.com/2016/05/19/man-says-all-4-wheels-of-suv-fell-off-after-being-serviced-at-bakersfield-jiffy-lube/

Lugnuts are optional?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

spog posted:

surely a Miata should have a more athletic build than that.

Oh god, why did I analyze that?

A Miata should be one of those skin-and-bones marathon runners, yeah.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'll just be off to bleach my eyeballs then.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

kastein posted:

Advanced frontal airbags. As with the original airbag requirement it was phased in, rather than going from zero to 100% of production for a certain year.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/Air+Bags/Advanced+Frontal+Air+Bags

Huh. I always wondered why some cars had that "passenger airbag on/off" light on the dash, and figured it had to be something related to laws (since the light looks the same on every car I've seen it in). I know my car has it, but the previous year model had a different center stack that didn't have it.

Powershift posted:

Listed as a "caprice rat rod"

A 4 door turned into a 2 door the ugly way.

How many dead hookers can that trunk hold now?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

Why do I get the feeling this was a key design consideration.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Driving to work this morning in my 60hp fiat I was behind an early narrow body 911 for a few miles at 55mph in a 70 zone. He was tucked up behind a truck in what I know is a great position for both economy and getting the poo poo beat out of your car by rocks and gravel.

He was there by choice because there was every opportunity to overtake.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
When you want a way to let everyone know you're an insufferable bellend but your parking isn't enough.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Aren't plates like that very expensive there? Like, thousands of pounds?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

GutBomb posted:

Aren't plates like that very expensive there? Like, thousands of pounds?

The most expensive one ever is 51NGH (Singh) which went for something like £250000...

Usually the less letters, the more expensive they are and the ones which actually read as something are a fair few quid yeah.

£95k to have PEN15.

LE55 TAX apparently used to be on a Bentley so the dude obviously is cheap these days or sold it on.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Seems like he could have saved his plate money and paid his taxes with it. Instead he had to pay for both.

But then I'm just a filthy poor, so what do I know?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

It's quite possible that Range Rover costs more than a Bentley. Vogue SEs start around £100k, and I know I guy who was selling a second hand one for £160k.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It was on a Contenental GT Flying Spur initially, starting price £140k, the Range is an SDV8 Vogue SE which is about £90k so unless it has some serious extras in it, dude's cheaped out. :v:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

If you're driving a Rangie in the City, then people already know that you're a bellend.

Parking badly in the disabled spot, with a numberplate that identifies you as a tax accountant is just icing on the cake

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

spog posted:

If you're driving a Rangie in the City, then people already know that you're a bellend.

Parking badly in the disabled spot, with a numberplate that identifies you as a tax accountant is just icing on the cake

Does that plate signify the driver is a tax accountant? In America I would just assume it was a rich rear end in a top hat griping about how much he pays in taxes annually.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

trouser chili posted:

Yeah, that's not current. At one point I would have sold it for 12K but today I think it could pull north of $25,000, and I wouldn't let it go for less than $30,000. They're gaining in value at a stupid rate.

trouser chili posted:

Bout a year ago one pulled $43,000 on ebay. It was a 1997 (rarest) and under 12K miles, but that's still a car that sold new for $25,000 less than 20 years ago.

You're making GBS threads me, right? I can get a (close to) mint LHD 1998 ITR with 5k miles on it for less than $8k (eqv) here.

Those prices are terrible car stuff, really.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

davebo posted:

Does that plate signify the driver is a tax accountant? In America I would just assume it was a rich rear end in a top hat griping about how much he pays in taxes annually.

Our rich assholes don't pay tax - they all use offshore trusts and avoidance schemes.

The last thing they want to do is boast about it, in case the papers find out.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Nidhg00670000 posted:

You're making GBS threads me, right? I can get a (close to) mint LHD 1998 ITR with 5k miles on it for less than $8k (eqv) here.

Went and found it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141601653407

Here's another. A far more common year of ITR, sold for $34,000 with 54,000 miles.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-acura-integra-type-r-2/

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 20, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goober Peas posted:

It's Tusen Taak's next avatar :laffo:

I HAVE FOUND THE PERPETRATOR

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Tusen Takk posted:

These assholes are the reason I have to turn off avatars when forumsing at work :argh:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This avatar is a message, and part of a system of messages. Pay attention to it! Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This avatar is not a badge of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated by it. Nothing about it is valued.

This avatar is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I take no responsibility for the deed, only for the idea.

Tusen Takk posted:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

MrYenko posted:

This avatar is a message, and part of a system of messages. Pay attention to it! Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This avatar is not a badge of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated by it. Nothing about it is valued.

This avatar is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

Is this a Neal Stephenson quote?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

It's one of the proposed ideas on how to convey the dangers of nuclear waste to humans 10,000 years from now. It's a difficult question since making it hard to get into just makes people try harder, it's got to be treasure if it's guarded so well right?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/green_room/2009/11/atomic_priesthoods_thorn_landscapes_and_munchian_pictograms.html

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nidhg00670000 posted:

$8k would get you a pretty clean Integra GSR here. Not mint, but it should be very clean at that price. An ITR? You'd probably get a rolling shell with suspension, and some of the interior.

ITRs command a shocking amount of money in the US, but if you take one out in public you can pretty much count on it getting stolen. I think the US wound up with more DC2 ITRs than any other country, but we still only saw about 10,400 of them total. And... well, any that weren't well hidden garage queens were stolen a long time ago.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
There were a lot more than that made for the Japanese market

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

And that's what I get for trusting Wikipedia. :v:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dissss posted:

There were a lot more than that made for the Japanese market

Yup and most of them are now being parted out on trademe.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

some texas redneck posted:

Imagine how many more he'd fit in an El Camino conversion with a topper. It'd be like the Ecto-1 of dead hooker transport.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ahh, yes, one of those gmc terrains all the collectors are after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Powershift posted:

Ahh, yes, one of those gmc terrains all the collectors are after.

https://www.sgi.sk.ca/individuals/registration/plates/specialtyplates/collectorplates.html

quote:

Eligibility

Any individual or company that is eligible to display a Saskatchewan licence plate on their vehicle can purchase a Collector plate.

wtf - it's green and just says 'collector' on it, that's it.