Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Proposition Joe posted:

Is one of those Knights of Ren Cloud Strife!?

in my head/fanfiction he is

also the entirety of the star wars filibuster happens :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bacontotem posted:

Finn is about to show John Snow he should've stayed dead at the end of the last season of game of thrones.

I love the fact that Finn's eyes are focused on Kylo's gently caress off saber.

Fred Breakfast
Aug 12, 2003

Seriously though it isn't so much that it's gonna be good (I hope) as much as it's gonna be different. It still feels like Star Wars but at the same time I've never seen anything like it. Mark Hamill was right: everything's the same and yet different.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

net cafe scandal posted:

Thats cuz he's seeing something like this:

Adam Driver is the tits and as soon as I heard he was cast way back when I knew he'd be some badass villain.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:swoon:

This is gonna be another TRON Legacy where I'm totally captivated by the cinematography for the entire running time.
Yeah I gotta say this movie is pretty as heck

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BonoMan posted:

Adam Driver is the tits and as soon as I heard he was cast way back when I knew he'd be some badass villain.

Im hoping hes a completely nutty freak in this movie and so far my hopes are high.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
I'm guessing with Luke being absent from the recent poster and with only the voice over in the previous trailer that the Jedi aspect of this film will be largely absent and saved for the next installment. I wouldn't be surprised if the Luke reveal of 'you have that power too' is the closing dialogue of the film.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

jivjov posted:

I think my sole complaint so far is that I have not seen any TIE variants or non-X-Wings.

While nothing has leaked for the First Order, several designs for new Resistance/Republic starfighters have leaked.

Terry Grunthouse
Apr 9, 2007

I AM GOING TO EAT YOU LOOK MY TEETH ARE REALLY GOOD EATERS
here are a few huge poorly optimized gifs I made: http://imgur.com/a/kzwtt

there are more in the link

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Rip Testes posted:

I'm guessing with Luke being absent from the recent poster and with only the voice over in the previous trailer that the Jedi aspect of this film will be largely absent and saved for the next installment. I wouldn't be surprised if the Luke reveal of 'you have that power too' is the closing dialogue of the film.
Wasn't that dialog just lifted straight from his conversation in RotJ with Leia? Or did Hamill re-record it for TFA?

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Abner Assington posted:

Wasn't that dialog just lifted straight from his conversation in RotJ with Leia? Or did Hamill re-record it for TFA?

I'm pretty sure it's not lifted from RotJ.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Rip Testes posted:

I'm pretty sure it's not lifted from RotJ.

I'm pretty sure it is. They sound very similar.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It is lifted from Jedi, but the order of lines was changed around a bit.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
He recorded it. If you listen, you will notice that each line is said twice.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Speaking of voices, who was the female at the end of this trailer?

Kinda sounded like Gwendoline Christie, though that doesn't make all that much sense from what little we know about this film

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

Kinda sounded like Gwendoline Christie, though that doesn't make all that much sense from what little we know about this film

Thats what I thought.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Real Name Grover posted:

Sounded like Lupita to me.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Man I really wanna see some big screen TIE Interceptors in First Order colors.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Abner Assington posted:

That teaser mixed together the audio from Return of the Jedi with a new reading.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So I'm guessing most people liked it? It left me feeling kind of meh. Very style over substance with a lot of winks and fan service for the nerds, but I guess that's star wars in a nutshell

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Just like to say this comic made me so sad

Star Wars trailer! :toot:

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Zoran posted:

I'm pretty sure it is. They sound very similar.

Agree its the same kind of dialogue Luke had with Leia, but the 'you have that power, too' makes it 'new'. I'm guessing this plays out in the subsequent film.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Oh, god, that music. Whether this movie is good or not, I'm gonna be buying the soundtrack.

But please be good, movie.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

facebook jihad posted:

Very style over substance with a lot of winks and fan service for the nerds,

I think the movie will be good but this is really a perfect encapsulation of JJ Abrams

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Haha jesus christ. I'm sure it's a dumb trailer cut by some marketing nobody but drat that is badly cut.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Rip Testes posted:

Agree its the same kind of dialogue Luke had with Leia, but the 'you have that power, too' makes it 'new'. I'm guessing this plays out in the subsequent film.
Not to harp on you personally, but he says that to Leia in Return of the Jedi also, though the cadence may be different from the new recording of that dialog.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I want that music as my ringtone stat.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

facebook jihad posted:

So I'm guessing most people liked it? It left me feeling kind of meh. Very style over substance with a lot of winks and fan service for the nerds, but I guess that's star wars in a nutshell

It was a good trailer but probably, like most trailers, doesn't capture the essence of the film it is trailing for. (Is that a word?)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thanks for ruining another childhood love, JJ

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Haha jesus christ. I'm sure it's a dumb trailer cut by some marketing nobody but drat that is badly cut.

I love your commitment to the brand.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Time for some father and son bonding time, my pop and I got tickets for the 7 movie marathon on the 17th! :toot:

Taco Avenger
Aug 6, 2004

You're confused... and scared. But it's okay.
I, for one, always expect substance in my movie trailers.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

There's no good reason to be in love with disliking Star Wars anyway.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Arglebargle III posted:

Just a heads up, that's a gif. There's an actual trailer online that you can watch :)

nopants
May 29, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

There's no good reason to be in love with disliking Star Wars anyway.

What if you're a true fan?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The new Star Trek movies both owned.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopants posted:

What if you're a true fan?

That's what makes you a true fan.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

He goes from defiant/confident at the beginning of the gif to OH gently caress GONNA DIE after the cut.

Wonder what goes down in between those shots!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Looks like the bads guys still haven't learned their lesson, and continue to leave Star Destroyer bridges unprotected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Adam Driver is gonna be the best thing about this movie.

• Locked thread