Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ularg posted:

I haven't noticed anything beneficial from the sound presets, honestly. Does the virtual 7.1 still work if you have a party with their audio prioritize? I usually set an empty party up so my mic doesn't catch anything during multiplayer games.

Pretty sure game audio and voice chat are separate streams which is why you can make one louder than the other/mute one of them so a party chat shouldn't make any difference I don't think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Housh posted:

Montreal Metro makes when a Subway car is shutting it's doors and about to leave. I hope one day Ubisoft Montreal gets to make a game set in Montreal. I know Eidos Montral set a bit of the new Deus Ex there. :canada:

It's pretty much just inside Olympic stadium tower thingy. Assassin's Creed 4's modern story takes place in Montreal and makes the skyline look gorgeous from the building you're in.

muscles like this? posted:

Clara having an accent is because she's basically a rip off of Lisbeth from "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series.

Yeah but it's a terrible French Canadian accent, which only a French Canadian developer would choose.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
There were definite times when characters had a distinct Canadian accent, listen closely to how they pronounce "about" (sometimes comes off as aboot). Also, there is a ticker tape in the city somewhere that has a score for the Stanley Cup being between the Montreal Canadians and Chicago. Only french Canadians would actually believe the Canadians could make it into the Stanley cup finals.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

V for Vegans posted:

There were definite times when characters had a distinct Canadian accent, listen closely to how they pronounce "about" (sometimes comes off as aboot). Also, there is a ticker tape in the city somewhere that has a score for the Stanley Cup being between the Montreal Canadians and Chicago. Only french Canadians would actually believe the Canadians could make it into the Stanley cup finals.

Canadiens. Not Canadians.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Guys I killed my DS4 last night by putting it down next to my red solo cup stay safe out there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They probably would have done it this year if not for an injury actually. Chicago didn't though.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Robawesome posted:

Unfortunately that deal on the Gold headset won't ship to CA
Good news, it is currently the same price from thesource.ca
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=PS4_Accessories&product=8018813

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

Canadiens. Not Canadians.

Haha, sorry, I'm used to spelling it Canadians from poking fun at my friends from Canada. Watch_Dogs was a really fun game, even if the ending is extremely anti-climatic, the rest of it is pretty fun. Also, if you can get a group together in decryption, nothing beats riding in the back of your buddies pick up truck driving away from enemies while using the in game radio to play CREAM by Wu Tang clan.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It annoys me that the iPhone app's controls for the PS4 still don't work in the Netflix and Amazon and so on apps. For me that would be the only worthwhile thing they would do.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I just want loving remote codes so I can use my harmony.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Housh posted:

When I play Watch_Dogs it feels like the developers were trying to make GTA: Montreal. I'm sure the pressure of being AAA is the same as putting out an expensive blockbuster film in which you can't take chances. They were forced to set the game in an American city by higher ups in order to sell.

You can't get more Quebecious than the main supporting character Clara and even small things like the chime you hear when you start a mission is the sound the Montreal Metro makes when a Subway car is shutting it's doors and about to leave. I hope one day Ubisoft Montreal gets to make a game set in Montreal. I know Eidos Montral set a bit of the new Deus Ex there. :canada:

Assassin's Creed IV is technically set in Montreal so they had their chance.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kri kri posted:

I just want loving remote codes so I can use my harmony.

Regular ir remotes work for everything including Netflix now. Is there really no way to get a harmony to work with the PS4 yet? Once it's all good and smooth I was planning on purchasing one.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Everyone here was praising Wolfenstein and I see that it's only 40 bucks on Amazon right now. I picked up Sniper Elite 3 and was wondering if you guys think this'll go on sale again anytime soon or if you think I should just pick it up.

edit:

FishBulb posted:

Wolfenstein is only going to continue to get cheaper.

I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks!

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 30, 2014

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wolfenstein is only going to continue to get cheaper.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Second Son might be so-so but the Video power and everything involved with it is hilarious. And I'm on a Good playthrough, which I understand to mean that I'm working with the nerfed version of it. I still feel like a GREAT AND TERRIBLE SKY GOD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

Regular ir remotes work for everything including Netflix now. Is there really no way to get a harmony to work with the PS4 yet? Once it's all good and smooth I was planning on purchasing one.

The Harmony could take over the IR of the remote easily enough.

Usually the catch is that those remotes can't turn on your console, since they don't have enough power until it's on. Maybe that's no longer the case with Standby mode though.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Kilometers Davis posted:

Wait, the PS4 has an IR receiver?

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Samurai Sanders posted:

It annoys me that the iPhone app's controls for the PS4 still don't work in the Netflix and Amazon and so on apps. For me that would be the only worthwhile thing they would do.

The actual netflix ios app works as a remote once the ps4 app starts.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I had no idea. Just looked on my harmony software and this is what it is telling me:

Harmony is unable to control Sony PlayStation 4
PlayStation 4 does not accept commands from any remote control and as a result will not work with Harmony products.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Athenry posted:

It can use the TV's IR receiver via HDMI control, if the TV supports it. That's what I do, but how the PS4 (or PS3) or its apps map functions onto the TV remote's buttons is often unknown.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Sweet! Thanks

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

kri kri posted:

I had no idea. Just looked on my harmony software and this is what it is telling me:

Harmony is unable to control Sony PlayStation 4
PlayStation 4 does not accept commands from any remote control and as a result will not work with Harmony products.

The same was true with the ps3 and you needed a separate adapter to make it work. The ps3 adapter does not work with the ps4 and mum is the word from Logitech last I checked for a ps4 one.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Oxxidation posted:

Second Son might be so-so but the Video power and everything involved with it is hilarious. And I'm on a Good playthrough, which I understand to mean that I'm working with the nerfed version of it. I still feel like a GREAT AND TERRIBLE SKY GOD.

Yeah the powers do a great job of making you feel like a badass. I'm a fan of evil neon, mostly because of how brutal the karma bomb is.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

It can use the TV's IR receiver via HDMI control, if the TV supports it. That's what I do, but how the PS4 (or PS3) or its apps map functions onto the TV remote's buttons is often unknown.

Might try this - anyone know if it works on samsung tvs?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kri kri posted:

My last TV was a Samsung and it worked. It actually shocked the hell out of me, I turned it on without realizing what it did and hit a button on my remote and the PS3 responded, and I thought I was seeing things.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Resogun Heroes is probably the best DLC for any game released. Demolition is just so drat addictive, it's the perfect "one more go" game and then you realise you've been playing for 4 hours and your controller dies.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sweet gently caress, day 1.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

V for Vegans posted:

To be fair, if you want to be or have to be a gigantic homer, pitting them against a team with two Stanley Cups and a President's Trophy in the last four years is a pretty safe bet, and that home team taking out the current season champion makes it safer.

It just ended up looking anachronistic almost immediately because the 2014 playoffs were the least likely postseason that has ever happened.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Why does no one play Killzone?

Is it because every FPS multiplayer community is destined to go the way of the Titanfall if it's not CoD or Battlefield?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Short answer: Yes, but Titanfall isn't what I'd use to highlight being 'not the order of the day' in FPSes.

Long answer: Call of Duty and Battlefield were themselves the outsiders at one point. They did novel things, or brought them to a mass audience, that propelled them to popularity. It's hard to predict what will upend them, or whether that can even be done without the CoD and BF names turning to poo poo, but in retrospect Killzone didn't have that stuff (and it could only attract a couple hundred perennial players, but it's likely to keep them) and Titanfall had no staying power.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 30, 2014

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I would say that Killzone didn't do enough to differentiate itself, especially once Team Deathmatch took over a few days after launch. What a terrible game mode for a modern shooter.

Aries
Jun 6, 2006
Computer says no.

kri kri posted:

Yep, had both Samsung and now a Sony TV, and my remote can control both the PS3 and 4, turn them both on/off etc.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The weird thing about Watch Dogs' Chicago setting is that its not even a super accurate version of the city. Ironically, Montreal would have been FAR more interesting even if it is a slightly smaller city - Montreal drastically changes block-to-block.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xxEightxx posted:

The same was true with the ps3 and you needed a separate adapter to make it work. The ps3 adapter does not work with the ps4 and mum is the word from Logitech last I checked for a ps4 one.

The old one probably can't, but their new Smart Hub products can be updated to support it if Sony releases remote codes.

Athenry posted:

The remotes that are out use their own USB IR receivers.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Everyone here was praising Wolfenstein and I see that it's only 40 bucks on Amazon right now. I picked up Sniper Elite 3 and was wondering if you guys think this'll go on sale again anytime soon or if you think I should just pick it up.

edit:

I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks!

I'm currently waiting on my copy of Sniper Elite 3 to be delivered. It's a pretty fun game, but it can be pretty repetitive as well. Going off Sniper Elite 2 for that though.

The new one is less linear, and has better x ray kill cams, plus it introduces vehicle xray kill cams.

I got it for 17$ though thanks to reward zone certificates and a gift card though, but to be honest I bought Wolfenstein at full price and loved it, I'm pretty sure SE3 for full price would scratch that "kill nazis in creative ways" itch as well.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

muscles like this? posted:

Clara having an accent is because she's basically a rip off of Lisbeth from "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series.

The similarities are skin-deep at best. She has tattoos, short dark hair, and hacks stuff but that's pretty much the end of it. Clara is a foreigner, Lisbeth is not. Clara is urbane, sociable, and well-connected, Lisbeth is constantly silent, socially retarded, and usually isolated. If Clara is supposed to be "video game Lisbeth", she is the most phoned-in version of the character.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Narcissus1916 posted:

The weird thing about Watch Dogs' Chicago setting is that its not even a super accurate version of the city. Ironically, Montreal would have been FAR more interesting even if it is a slightly smaller city - Montreal drastically changes block-to-block.

A lot of the sculpture art and even the architecture isn't free-use. They'd have at least tripled their budget trying to acquire licensing rights.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bloodychill posted:

The similarities are skin-deep at best. She has tattoos, short dark hair, and hacks stuff but that's pretty much the end of it. Clara is a foreigner, Lisbeth is not. Clara is urbane, sociable, and well-connected, Lisbeth is constantly silent, socially retarded, and usually isolated. If Clara is supposed to be "video game Lisbeth", she is the most phoned-in version of the character.

Watch dogs and phoned in go hand in hand.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Has Sony said anything about fixing the functionality of the share button yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

Bobtista posted:

Watch dogs and phoned in go hand in hand.

Brilliant pun or hilarious accident?

• Locked thread