Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Don't loving tease me with the prospect of Kings of Wrestling in NOAH again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This is the first year in over a decade where I'm skipping the Rumble, that's how bad the show has gotten. My brother even gave me his network password and I still have no interest in watching on someone else's dime.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Please tell me you arn't actually falling for any of that poo poo Cesaro. But I mean I guess if you do it means that somehow the last decade of your career has not left you even remotely disillusioned so allons-y I guess.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Please tell me you arn't actually falling for any of that poo poo Cesaro. But I mean I guess if you do it means that somehow the last decade of your career has not left you even remotely disillusioned so allons-y I guess.

Ehh Cesaro’s partner has a cushy job there so I could understand him making the decision to stay more than others.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

JT Smiley posted:

This is the first year in over a decade where I'm skipping the Rumble, that's how bad the show has gotten. My brother even gave me his network password and I still have no interest in watching on someone else's dime.

Same.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He'll have to give you his Peacock password for you to continue to ignore it for free

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1356055612694663168?s=20

"This is Ember's Law"? REALLY?

gently caress this company

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Every time I see a WWE clip from the blunderdome its startling how busy, lovely and lazy it all looks. Their presentation is just so bad lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1356055612694663168?s=20

"This is Ember's Law"? REALLY?

gently caress this company

idgi

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

It's a play on words ...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The double top rope plummet onto my rear end, devastating maneuver

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
Is there still an IRC channel, like there used to be for WH2K?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This just popped up on my recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR-Zx6TBnAY

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Imagining the Swiss Uppercut Cesaro could land on Marko Stunt.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

It's a play on words ...

Thanks, I’ve never heard of it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Royal Rumble Results 1/31:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • On the pre-show, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler defeated Asuka and Charlotte Flair (C) to win the Women's Tag Titles. Charlotte was pinned after an overly-complicated series of interferences by Lacey Evans and Ric Flair.
  • Drew McIntyre (C) defeated Goldberg to retain the WWE Championship.
  • Sasha Banks (C) defeated Carmella to retain the Smackdown Women's Championship.
  • New Day, including Kofi, were reunited backstage and made fun of Sami Zayn. Kofi is still not medically cleared.
  • Bad Bunny did a live performance of his Booker T song (with Booker T present) in front of a fake crowd.
  • Bianca Belair won the Women's Royal Rumble from the #3 spot, eliminating Rhea Ripley last.
  • After a strong early half, the match kind of went off the rails from the mid-point but the ending was super cool.

• Bayley was eliminated off-camera. It was more important they get footage of Mickie James walking to the ring.
  • Alicia Fox became the new 24/7 Champion during the Rumble when R-Truth showed up to the wrong match, and some jobbers ran down to the ring and ground the entire Rumble to a halt. R-Truth pinned Alicia Fox after she was eliminated and became champion again, rendering the entire thing pointless.
  • Alexa Bliss tried to do her spooky change character spot but Rhea Ripley didn't give a gently caress and just dumped her out of the ring instead.
  • Nia Jax and Shayna teased teaming up, breaking up, Nia supporting Tamina, Nia betraying Tamina, Nia and Shayna fighting each other, teaming up again and then Nia eliminating Shayna all in less than 2 minutes. "Why even bother?" asked the commentators.
  • Also Lana accidentally eliminated Nia and the commentators claimed it was revenge, Nia and Shayna teamed straight back up again and beat up people in the ring and then... just left. Nattie promptly eliminated Lana.
  • Miz and Morrison bothered Bad Bunny backstage and got intimidated by Booker T.
  • Peter Rosenberg pinned R-Truth during a panel segment to become the new 24/7 Champion. "This could be the worst event in wrestling history" noted JBL.
  • Roman Reigns (C) defeated Kevin Owens in a Last Man Standing match to retain the Universal Championship, after choking out Owens with a Guillotine. The match was really good but the ending was screwed up when Paul Heyman couldn't uncuff Roman in time during the penultimate spot, and the replacement ref (Roman knocked out the first) had to awkwardly just stop counting.
  • Miz and Morrison didn't show up or even tease cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase on either title match despite Miz claiming earlier in the week that he would be waiting for Goldberg and Drew to beat the poo poo out of each other to take advantage.
  • Edge won the Men's Royal Rumble, going from the #1 position all the way to winning.

• Orton was put through a table by Edge early in the match and assisted to the back by medics.
  • Ricochet, who lost a match to get into the Royal Rumble and thus wasn't allowed to be in the Royal Rumble, was the #12 entrant in the Royal Rumble.
  • Miz attacked Bad Bunny's DJ gear during his entrance, he and Morrison got eliminated while distracted by a pissed off Bad Bunny, and then Bad Bunny did a top rope dive onto them. Miz actually caught Bad Bunny on the dive for a change.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura countered out of Baron Corbin's Deep Six finisher... so he could immediately get hit by the Deep Six and then get eliminated.
  • Dominik Mysterio got his "revenge" for losing clean twice to Baron Corbin by sneaking out an elimination on Corbin. He was promptly eliminated by Bobby Lashley.
  • They straight up did an ad read for Victoria Beer during Rey Mysterio's entrance because they sponsor Rey now.
  • BIG E just got randomly eliminated by Omos, who isn't in the match and was allowed to just stick around at ringside after interfering. Shortly after, Omos just grabbed Rey Mysterio from off the turnbuckle and eliminated him too and the refs continued to do literally nothing about it.
  • AJ Styles was eventually eliminated by Braun Strowman who came up with the strategy of "just go the opposite side of the ring to where Omos is".
  • Edge eliminated Seth Rollins last, got jumped by Randy Orton who returned after sitting out most of the match, but eliminated Orton regardless to win and go on to a title match at Wrestlemania.
  • GDT Discussion here.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm hearing rumors that J-Ru, you are free.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jerusalem posted:

:toxx: If Daniel Bryan doesn't win the Royal Rumble I'm not watching any WWE until the next Royal Rumble :toxx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jRRZPGa3fU&t=133s

See you all in a year at the Royal Rumble, I'm gonna chill in Zihuatanejo watching AEW and New Japan :c00l:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Edge is a Fallout ghoul

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bryan should have won, but I guess if they have Drew vs Edge that can still happen.

Also Roman and Kevin looked like idiots in the last three minutes of their match. If I were them I'd be absolutely livid as to how that finished.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

See you all in a year at the Royal Rumble, I'm gonna chill in Zihuatanejo watching AEW and New Japan :c00l:

loving ditching us and going on to greener pastures! :argh:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

It's a perfect time to get into TJPW (and the rest of wrestleuniverse like NOAH and DDT)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Edge going bell to bell in tribute to his best friend

https://youtu.be/aAR-DurmA6o

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
J-ru your recap doesn’t mention who won the women’s rumble

Edit: never mind I’m dumb. You in fact mentioned it first!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edge is going to shatter before Wrestlemania

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did they really have Naomi come out 2, last to 22, and not eliminate a single person?

e: they had Randy Orton last to the end and also not eliminate a single person?????????

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Rico was a last minute replacement for Keith Lee but still, lol

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Drew vs. Goldberg was what it needed to be. Sasha vs. Carmella was meh. The Women's Rumble was dope. Reigns vs. Owens was super slow and boring at first but when it picked up it was very entertaining. The men's Rumble was pretty meh, some bright spots, but Bryan should've won. Not going to start watching WWE again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

They had R-Truth show up at the Women's Rumble, because he was "confused" about which Rumble it was, then he wasn't even in the men's Rumble

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol that Carlito came out and looked better than a lot of dudes in that rumble

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

explosivo posted:

Lol that Carlito came out and looked better than a lot of dudes in that rumble

Steroid apples

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUfP6IGQD00

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Blaise330 posted:

they could’ve used literally anybody considering ricochet didn’t do poo poo but was however banned from entering the rumble

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I would have poo poo my pants if the real Rico came out instead of Ricochet.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope the live-ad read by cole during reys entrance goes down in rumble history as an all-time moment

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams posted:

they could’ve used literally anybody considering ricochet didn’t do poo poo but was however banned from entering the rumble

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1220345442229198853

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Is Walter not trapped in the EU unable to appear in any place the WWF produces it's programming?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Would've been really funny to see people get mad about him being dumped quickly so yeah that would've ruled.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Is Walter not trapped in the EU unable to appear in any place the WWF produces it's programming?

Pretty sure it's entirely by choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

That was the most "welp that happened" Men's Rumble since who knows when. 2019 was kinda that vibe too but it had the ZaNy Nia Jax stuff, and Andrade made the final four, which seemed like a big deal at the time (oops)