Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Jagged Jim posted:

gently caress off, Stantis!

But don't you see? His liberal character even thinks it's stupid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To be a conservative is to not only be unable to evaluate anything on its own merits, but to deny that it’s even possible.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Hihohe posted:

Who was that one comic that was very bible thumping Christian in a "but how does a banana fit perfectly in hand, huh athetits?!" Kind of way?

Adam somethin or other?
He was pretty dumb as hell. Had really boring art too.
probably traceable to Ray Comfort, ultimately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXLqDGL1FSg

(pls ignore that modern bananas were bred to be that way and that Ray Comfort is anti-masturbation, those are atheist complications!)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Jagged Jim posted:

gently caress off, Stantis!

Wait isnt that my line?

Oh wait no, it 's gently caress YOU/GO gently caress YOURSELF, STANTIS

fool of sound posted:

Rob Smith Jr made a cartoon about how he was too stupid to use the US postal system correctly.

Being too stupid to mail a letter is still more intelligent than being a antivaxxer / racist / bigot / anti-semetic and Garrison is all four. Plus Anti-vaxxer bullshit has proven to be incredibly destructive in the last year and a bit.

I'll admit my view on this is coloured by my absolute disgust and probably fair to say outright hostility for anti-vaxxers

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Friends, there's plenty of Stantis for us all to hate.
Every single brain cell in his oxygen wasting head.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah that's Adam Ford/Adam4d, whose comics were the hateful Christian version of The Oatmeal. He later went on to start The Babylon Bee, which is the hateful Christian version of The Onion.

He isn't involved with Babylon Bee anymore, and he isn't doing comics anymore either. Instead he's running a site called Not the Bee which is an aggregate of lovely right wing opinion columns and memes.
I would like to see that banana comic, I googled adam4d and he seems to draw some droning christian stick figures and atheist strawmen, but I want to see the banana level of stupid argument. It seems I visit internet only to make myself angry or disgusted anyway, so why not.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

FFT posted:

(pls ignore that modern bananas were bred to be that way

Also please ignore that every other fruit, famously, is not shaped like a banana

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
The banana argument predates the comic. I think this is the original incarnation, part of a video series with creationist numbskulls Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Being too stupid to mail a letter is still more intelligent than being a antivaxxer / racist / bigot / anti-semetic and Garrison is all four. Plus Anti-vaxxer bullshit has proven to be incredibly destructive in the last year and a bit.

I'll admit my view on this is coloured by my absolute disgust and probably fair to say outright hostility for anti-vaxxers
I'm not sure where you got the idea that Rob Smith Jr. isn't all of those things, too; his twitter is full of overt anti-vax and transphobia.

And he's too stupid to mail a letter.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

gently caress your feelings.

quote:

wait, did I miss something, Carmen and the coyote have swapped political leanings?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

This inspired me to create some thread fanart:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Teketeketeketeke posted:

This inspired me to create some thread fanart:

You misspelled "eldery".

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Grimdude posted:

But don't you see? His liberal character even thinks it's stupid!

“Pursuing justice is pointless.” - a black girl a coyote? - an old white man

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

“Pursuing justice is pointless.” - a black girl a coyote? - an old white man

"Now when are we going to start looking into Benghazi again?"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"Cling On"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well that's the most wholesome Kelly we've got in a long while.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Again, people like Garrison are unable to think past a child’s level and everyone he dislikes is a supervillain riped from a cartoon. Why would billionaires wish to kill off the rest of humanity? Your billions become useless in a post human world and they’d have to become basically medieval peasant farmers to survive. Any sort of thinking beyond a six year old level would make you come to the conclusion this theory is loving stupid.

Your argument makes sense to me, but then I remember the Exxon executives covering up evidence of climate change so they can keep selling oil.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

FFT posted:

probably traceable to Ray Comfort, ultimately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXLqDGL1FSg

(pls ignore that modern bananas were bred to be that way and that Ray Comfort is anti-masturbation, those are atheist complications!)

Hmm, unripe bananas are perfectly fitted for the human vagina/colon in both hardness, length and shape. Clearly God wants us to play with our food before eating it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can't disprove that logic, no matter how much research i conduct!:quagmire:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
don't need two of them

Raised By Birds fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 16, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lots of mental illnesses were unheard of 100 years ago, because we just called them insane and locked them up.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hoo boy

Ben Garrison posted:

Autism was unheard of a century ago. In the early 1980s, one in 10,000 kids had autism. Today, it is 1 in 45 and the problem grows steadily worse as children are jabbed with increasing amounts of vaccines.

Still, the ‘official’ medical authorities state there is no correlation—even though many whistleblowing heroes have stepped forward and provided substantive evidence that vaccines are the culprit.

Exposing the vaccine industry’s culpability is no easy task. They are protected by a vaccine court, something pushed by George Bush and reluctantly signed into law by Ronald Reagan in 1986. The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act prevented vaccine victims from suing the vaccine makers. Their cases are now tried in a government-sponsored court. It means taxpayers are forced to pay the damages, which are often quite limited. The vaccine makers are not held liable and that lack of accountability leads to irresponsibility. They are free to take risks and damage lives because profit margins are great. Those that question vaccines are called ‘conspiracy theorists.’ The vaccine makers claim a monopoly on science, but science can be corrupted by those with big money and an agenda. Centi-billionaires such as Bill Gates, for example.

A few truth-telling medical doctors and scientists have exposed the official narrative and revealed the truth: Vaccines can cause autism. These brave whistleblowers have been rewarded with ridicule, ruined reputations, lost jobs and financial ruin, harassment, and sometimes even violence. Big money is used to silence them and big government is their ally. Government can’t admit the truth—it might end up costing many hundreds of billions of dollars in damages. Therefore, vaccine abuse is allowed to continue unabated, while autistic children and their parents are forced to pay an extremely heavy price, not just in terms of money, but also physical and psychological stress.

Corporate news reporters largely ignore the matter. They might parrot the official narrative as given to them by agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and that’s all. Corporate media certainly won’t step on the toes of major pharmaceutical companies who manufacture vaccines and sometimes deadly drugs such as Merck’s Vioxx. (The latter may have caused 50,000 deaths or more). Such media rely on the mega money derived from Big Pharma advertising, which obviates any investigative journalism.

Fortunately we have citizen journalists such as Kent Heckenlively. He’s not afraid to take on the pharmaceutical Goliaths. The best selling author has stepped up and done the work that corporate media aren’t allowed to do. In his newly-revised book, “Inoculated: How Science Lost Its Soul In Autism,” Kent clearly lays out facts and stories of true heroes who have risked much to tell us the truth.

In my cartoon, I show a vicious vaccine tiger getting his tail pulled by Kent. He’s followed by Judy Mikovits, Minister Tony Muhammad, Minister Farrakhan, Polly Tommey, and Dr. Andrew Wakefield. There are many other heroes, but it would require a much longer tiger’s tail.

Why Ministers Muhammad and Farrakhan? Because African American children face an even higher risk of autism—particularly from the MMR vaccine. A CDC whistleblower revealed the data and Robert Kennedy Jr. asked the ministers to use their influence to speak out against vaccine abuse. They decided to take action and quickly discovered that black politicians were bought out by pharmaceutical companies, just like white politicians.

Even Trump’s son Barron may have suffered from an undisclosed vaccine injury. Sadly, this did not motivate the president to take action. He could have at least set up an independent commission to study the matter. Maybe he would have done so during his second term. Alas, he didn’t pardon Assange either, but at least Trump didn’t call for mandatory vaccines. That could be coming with Biden, who represents the mega-billionaires and corruption.
this is like saying viruses are a modern problem, because gosh weird how there were no viral infections until after we discovered viruses.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

Hoo boy

this is like saying viruses are a modern problem, because gosh weird how there were no viral infections until after we discovered viruses.

Back in the old days, people lived and died by the whims of the gods. Then scientists came along and invented all these "diseases."

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Farrakhan is a good guy now?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Autism has a pretty long diagnostic history, I thought? It's been a while since I've read up on it, but I think it was one of the first targets of modern child psychology.

IIRC they blamed the mother for being too emotionally distant during infancy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My father once said to me that the only thing I could do that would disappoint him would be to become an anti-vaxxer.

I haven't told him I'm non-binary yet so we'll see lol.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I would like to present this award for best naming choice to whichever Ellis Island ancestor chose Heckenlively.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Hoo boy

Allergy was only "discovered" a hundred years ago. So obviously I'm just imagining having sore eyes and running nose.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

timely comic garrison considering we juuuust passed the 11 year anniversary of andrew wakefield's paper linking vaccines to autism being retracted for being completely false after a 3 year investigation, him being stripped of his medical license, and being barred from ever practicing medicine in the UK

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anti-vaxxer garbage is always coached in terms of like outright dismissal and hostility of those with Autism. People with autism are damaged, broken, injured, or somehow less than a full person because they’re autistic. The whole movement is rooted in lovely parents seeing their kids as lesser people and looking for someone to blame for them not being what they see as a correct human being. It’s loving gross

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pants Donkey posted:

This is probably something that these people also say.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

I would like to present this award for best naming choice to whichever Ellis Island ancestor chose Heckenlively.

Yeah, shame it's attached to such a dingbat.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

This is probably something that these people also say.

It is. Some anti-vax idiots even go so far as to say most cancers are made up and they pump you full of chemo to keep you sick and sell you medication to treat the chemo sickness and those who die of cancer most likely die of chemo poisoning and not cancer

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I want a Garrison/Dees collab

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there is a lovely clarity and alignment of vision in these people's minds that since capitalism is the one true best economic system all human beings, including those in medical professions, are purely motivated by the desire to make money

although i guess it stumbles a bit at the hurdle of "and that's a bad thing"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

"Edible green body paint" :biglips:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also can I just say that the way Garrison draws small children makes me vaguely uncomfortable?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Anti-vaxxer garbage is always coached in terms of like outright dismissal and hostility of those with Autism. People with autism are damaged, broken, injured, or somehow less than a full person because they’re autistic. The whole movement is rooted in lovely parents seeing their kids as lesser people and looking for someone to blame for them not being what they see as a correct human being. It’s loving gross

"That was just them punishing him for revealing the truth"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Also can I just say that the way Garrison draws small children makes me vaguely uncomfortable?

He's real big on drawing detailed asses, human transformations, and weepy children, it's....yeah