Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

unsurprised, as usual:

https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1246819357495160834

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
haha what a tool

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TK-42-1 posted:

Elon making knee-deep in the dead a reality

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

TK-42-1 posted:

Elon making knee-deep in the dead a reality

:rip: and boer, until it is done

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

elon gritting his teeth super hard: "thank you, NASA, for that super fast video upload of our test failure for the community"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NASA Space Flight I believe is unaffiliated with NASA proper.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol the "test" was "can we fill this thing with supercold rocket fuel without it imploding and collapsing?" and it failed spectacularly

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
tesla thread: rocket blow up

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

these tweets are protected, can we get a screenshot?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Midjack posted:

He stole a dog picture without attribution, the original poster pointed it out and, I assume, is now being swamped by bazinga cultists.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
sobbing bazinga: you can't just sit there and make fun of elon musk! he's the only powerful man with the genius, vision, and resources to ensure the long-term survival of the human species by colonizing mars!

cat and coffee-addled yosposter: haha rocket go boom

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

FMguru posted:

lol the "test" was "can we fill this thing with supercold rocket fuel without it imploding and collapsing?" and it failed spectacularly

even better they didn’t get to the test

due to the unforeseen complications of putting heavy thing on top of empty thing

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Why is that poo poo not shut down, anyway?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gschmidl posted:

Why is that poo poo not shut down, anyway?

if nasa is paying a dime for it then it counts as gov business and is easier to justify as "essential" even if it's not.

it's not.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZbDg24dfN0

if you ever wanted to know what impending death sounds like

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

tesla thread: rocket blow up

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I oddly dreamed about this scene last week. Also had weird dreams last night. I wonder if this is a trend.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

if you still want it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

morgan murphy is a professional comedian so it's not like he just copied something from a rando he literally stole her work

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Elon Musk, stealing credit!? :monocle:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

to no surprise, ol musky's brother is also a piece of poo poo

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kimbal-musk-next-door-restaurants-coronavirus_n_5e8ccb32c5b62459a9302dbb

tldr: his restaurant group set up a voluntary grant program for its employees that they could donate a portion of their checks to. when the 'rona hit, he told them they were making some changes and they couldn't apply for two weeks, then fired everyone, and told them they were ineligible for the program since they weren't employees

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Annoyed every time a reported says Elong founded Tesla. That's not a hard fact to check!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

he didn’t found it but he is a founder

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
he's foundering

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Chris Knight posted:

if you still want it

it’s also a really lovely joke lol. at least steal something funny

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Endless Mike posted:

to no surprise, ol musky's brother is also a piece of poo poo

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kimbal-musk-next-door-restaurants-coronavirus_n_5e8ccb32c5b62459a9302dbb

tldr: his restaurant group set up a voluntary grant program for its employees that they could donate a portion of their checks to. when the 'rona hit, he told them they were making some changes and they couldn't apply for two weeks, then fired everyone, and told them they were ineligible for the program since they weren't employees

"The face itself incites to deeds of violence" -- Homer, The Odyssey

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

quote:

But this worker said he’s not angry at Musk.

“Me sitting around being mad at Kimbal Musk doesn’t really do me any good,” he said. He added that Musk must be scared about the restaurants not making money.

“I know I don’t make very good decisions when I’m afraid,” he said. “Hopefully one day he’ll see he didn’t handle this the best way.”
still love the car boss

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bonfire Lit posted:

still love the car boss

That poor billionaire, not able to afford loving two loving dollars and thirteen cents TIPPED.

:murder:
:thermidor:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gschmidl posted:

dude needs to get that mole cut the gently caress off gah

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

he didn’t found it but he is a founder

he proved you don't need to found companies to be a founder but he is a founder

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bonfire Lit posted:

still love the car boss

mmm, boot

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

gschmidl posted:

i want to knock that potato chip off his dumb head

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he looks like a really bad wax model of Matthew mcconaughey

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

jesus WEP posted:

he looks like a really bad wax model of Matthew mcconaughey

McConaughey with the sallow jowls of Musk.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Vomik posted:

it’s also a really lovely joke lol. at least steal something funny

I mean, it's a perfectly fine goofy tweet. I saw it the first time around among comedian-twitter and it seemed to get a good response. Really, this is more a sign that the idiot account managers at FuckJerry who are running Musk's twitter are getting lazy in finding material to steal.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

he proved you don't need to found companies to be a founder but he is a founder

i was trying to do this but couldn’t remember quite how it went, thanks

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/1248064884794933248

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

i was trying to do this but couldn’t remember quite how it went, thanks

hah, i wasn't sure if you were deliberately referencing it, because like the fedex arrow i can't help but see that phrase everywhere especially since moyes started his second stint at west ham

for no-doubt baffled rest of yospos:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my car performed brilliantly other than frequently trying to murder me and my family

quote:

Hello everyone,
Well, we just returned home from a 3200 mile road trip from Ottawa Ontario to Fort Lauderdale. Our model S performed brilliantly except for numerous phantom braking which put is in serious danger of being rear ended on the interstate highways. At least 5-6 times per day, the car would brake from 75 mph to 50 for no reason at all. This happened while on Auto Pilot and on regular cruise control. I would have thought that Interstate 95 and others would have been thoroughly mapped by now. It is my opinions that road elevation while driving by on/off ramps and bridges triggered the issue most of the time but sometimes it would brake while no trafic or obstructions were present.

I haven’t heard if this problem is being fixed but my 3 previous ICE cars with adaptive cruise control all performed much safer. Does anyone know if Tesla will be able to fix this?
Pete
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/whoa-holy-phantom-braking.188229/
love the car though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the car performed "brilliantly," aside from the moments of horrifying, pants-making GBS threads terror that marked every hour of my trip