Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Sestak was a cool interview

Good news: he's a new deal democrat
Bad news: he's just a new deal democrat

other than that though listening to his tirade about how war with Iran is suicide was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how can you have skin that thin when you're being paid six figures to leave your brain droppings in the most important paper in the world.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

how can you have skin that thin when you're being paid six figures to leave your brain droppings in the most important paper in the world.

Actually I remember them talking about a very similar situation sometime in the last year. Basically their take was that people like bret stevens literally never had to confront what real people thought of them until they got on twitter

like the only non-millionaires guys like him ever interact with irl are in the service industry and are paid to be nice

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hooplah posted:

Actually I remember them talking about a very similar situation sometime in the last year. Basically their take was that people like bret stevens literally never had to confront what real people thought of them until they got on twitter

like the only non-millionaires guys like him ever interact with irl are in the service industry and are paid to be nice

And if they fail to be sufficiently nice, you get to complain about them and get them fired.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

"Heh, nobody would have the guts to call me a bedbug to my face, I'm going to call this guy's bluff!"

-says man who reportedly writes for a New York City newspaper.

Completely isolated from reality.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Sestak might be the most insane politician they’ve interviewed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hooplah posted:

yeah it makes sense considering he's delusional enough to think people wouldn't call him poo poo to his face.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

It's weird there isn't more "bin laden is alive" conspiracy theories.

I mean, the military's story is "We killed him and dumped him in the ocean, no you can't see the pictures".

I've always loved that the official military story is just the end of the first Michael Bay Transformers

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Sestak might be the most insane politician they’ve interviewed.

The thing that struck me is that his daughter is dying of cancer and he's decided to spend his time living in a motel in Iowa and arguing with Virgil Texas about whether serving on a surface ship or a submarine is more fun.

He's completely out of his mind.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
also the cadence of his speech is just so weird and disturbing

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I actually liked his cadence.

It was aggrandizing the IMF of all godforsaken things that was driving me crazy, and acting like the US wouldn’t do the exact same plays for strategic ports and locations. Matt was right when he said at least countries are getting infrastructure out of it.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Goddamn he’s going off about Chinese 5G as if the NSA doesn’t exist or something

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

What have the Romans ever done for us? Other than the naval bases...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
HoI4 stream with Chapo and Commodore Joe playing Japan please.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

HoI4 stream with Chapo and Commodore Joe playing Japan please.

i guarantee you they could have gotten like 3 also-rans to play a game against each other

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

sleeptalker posted:

He probably imagines it as a West Wing-style scene where he responds with the perfect uninterrupted monologue about seriousness and responsibility and the value of hard work that makes you hang your head in shame and makes his wife and kids so proud, which he follows up by magnanimously offering you dessert.
Per Valenti, apparently his fantasy would involve me begging for my job back.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

i say swears online posted:

i guarantee you they could have gotten like 3 also-rans to play a game against each other

Everyone kind of weirded out that John Hickenlooper keeps insisting he gets to play Germany and giving out "fun" facts about the Thule Society.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Joementum posted:

Everyone kind of weirded out that John Hickenlooper keeps insisting he gets to play Germany and giving out "fun" facts about the Thule Society.

Whats the opposite of an eco fascist but still a fascist?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Groovelord Neato posted:

not releasing a single picture is so goddamn stupid. i know the guy that goes on fox news and sorta lies about being the one to kill bin laden (he wasn't supposed to be on that floor and another seal had already shot bin laden) canoed him so it was a mess but this is a guy we burned half the world for. we saw uday and qusay and those weren't pretty.

I still maintain that the reason there are no pictures was because he was still alive when they threw him off the boat.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

420 Gank Mid posted:

Bolsonaro?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Captain Planet villain

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Or just regular fascists. None of their "solutions" involve actually doing anything to help the environment.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

420 Gank Mid posted:

Necrofascist

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

I Before E posted:

Necrofascist

Winner

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

Or just regular fascists. None of their "solutions" involve actually doing anything to help the environment.

Technically if you manage to cause an extinction event on the scale of what took out the dinosaurs (i.e. killing 99.99% of plants and animals weighing more than like 40 lbs.) without also turning the atmosphere into venus nature would eventually reclaim the planet and things would be alright for a few additional eons

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gently caress yes
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1166553985324634113

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Time of Matt to strap intro a mind-bending gyroscope of content, like the brain genius device from Lawnmower Man.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It owns that they interviewed yellow peril man but didn't interview gravel.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It does own when they interview funny joke candidates.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I would have said that Megan McCain's raw narcissism and stupidity would have been the death of him. I would have said that - until Epstein Brain caused all Matt's baser emotions to slough away

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Very weird they didn’t interview a corpse

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

PostNouveau posted:

It's weird there isn't more "bin laden is alive" conspiracy theories.

I mean, the military's story is "We killed him and dumped him in the ocean, no you can't see the pictures".

That conspiracy never made sense to me. Wouldn't Al-Qaida just put him in front of a camera and say "look how stupid the US are! They didn't even kill him. Fake news." Unless he was already dead ofc.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 43 hours!)

Dr Christmas posted:

Fascists love the "environment." It's just the environment as represented by ruralist idealism. If it's not fit for cultivation then it's just a wilderness that's waiting to be tamed.

look at all that motherfucking environment

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Found some books on this subject that look pretty promising.

How Green Were the Nazis? Nature, Environment, and Nation in the Third Reich*
The Conquest of Nature: Water, Landscape, and the Making of Modern Germany
Imagining the Nation in Nature: Landscape Preservation and German Identity, 1885-1945
Ecology in the 20th Century: A History

:freep:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Flaskraven posted:

That conspiracy never made sense to me. Wouldn't Al-Qaida just put him in front of a camera and say "look how stupid the US are! They didn't even kill him. Fake news." Unless he was already dead ofc.

aha but you see, Al Qaeda and Jeffrey Epstein are both heavily involved in adenochrome traffic furthermore -

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Just started listening the interview with Sestack and 5 minutes in he says, "Water is rapidly becoming translucent, if not transparent" and I cackled like a maniac.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i see some of our younger goons never heard the theory that bin laden was a cia agent named tim osman.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Felix is going to be busy in the next few weeks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yea it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Joementum posted:

Felix is going to be busy in the next few weeks.

drat bart simpson got hit hard for those desert storm t-shirts