Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
The amount of delusion required to think that type of thing is loving purestrain insanity to me.

Meet Bradley, the PTSD service dog assigned to my buddy's rescue squadron. Officially recognized as MWD too

He's allowed to fly in helicopters! (he hasn't yet though)

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/999336055655497728

This dude is such a CHUD and the fact he had anything to do with Navy Intel is unsettling.

Edit: ^ Ha, keeping this here anyway

You can't impeach someone who isn't in office, that's not how it works.

That's not how anything works!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ok so maybe I took stupid pills today when I wasn't looking. How does impeaching Obama work? I admit I haven't memorized every paragraph of the constitution and all amendments. I'm pretty sure it was spelled out in detail how things work on a sitting president but apparently I missed a step or two on how that works on a guy who had his two terms and is done.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
They probably still think Obama is running a shadow government / deep state.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

Ok so maybe I took stupid pills today when I wasn't looking. How does impeaching Obama work? I admit I haven't memorized every paragraph of the constitution and all amendments but I'm pretty sure it was spelled out in detail how things work on a sitting president but apparently I missed a step or two on how that works on a guy who had his two terms and is done.

They can't. That's the issue. He's not in office, and no legislator worth his salt is dare going to ever considering prosecuting a previous president for ANYTHING because of the precedent it would set legally for those in power.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Obama is the greatest bogeyman that ever lived.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hah, saw that before the edit. I was about to give you the new punishment. Instead of snipe fail probations, I'm just going to edit very ugly dogs into your posts.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Also the lead Prosecutor openly stated he was willing to not give the RAF defendants a fair trial.
I think you're right about this one, but I also understand the German government's perspective that, if you engage in armed warfare against the state, you can't turn around and demand the protection the state affords to citizens.

CommieGIR posted:

It helps when you have friends in places. Everyone agrees the Prosecution dropped the ball, possibly on purpose.
That's paranoid and ridiculous. The only thing the prosecutor did wrong was maybe over-charging, and it's my understanding that it doesn't require a vast, right-wing conspiracy to cause a US Attorney's office to do such a thing.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Obama is the greatest bogeyman that ever lived.

I think you mean besides Ted Kennedy/Bill Clinton/Hillary Clinton/Nancy Pelosi/Chuck Schummer. Can't wait to drown out my chud in-laws with lethal levels of booze during vacation.

Edit:

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I post on my phone and I can never tell when the next page is about to happen. Took me a minute to find the picture and upload it once I realized.

:shrug:

Pro Tip: If you have it setup to where it hides read messages, you can see how many messages are hidden to know when you're at 40.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Hah, saw that before the edit. I was about to give you the new punishment. Instead of snipe fail probations, I'm just going to edit very ugly dogs into your posts.

I post on my phone and I can never tell when the next page is about to happen. Took me a minute to find the picture and upload it once I realized.

:shrug:

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Immanentized posted:

A few weeks old, but Fresh from the Bad With Money thread, I present, a modern hero:
https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a19834127/luke-milky-moore-money-glitch/

what are they talking about, this man is Good With Money.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Dead Reckoning posted:

I think you're right about this one, but I also understand the German government's perspective that, if you engage in armed warfare against the state, you can't turn around and demand the protection the state affords to citizens.

....why not? By the way, you just justified GITMO. That's pretty bad considering its not exactly a good look for us.

its also hilarious that you go from this to the 2nd post, which directly contradicts your first.

Dead Reckoning posted:

That's paranoid and ridiculous. The only thing the prosecutor did wrong was maybe over-charging, and it's my understanding that it doesn't require a vast, right-wing conspiracy to cause a US Attorney's office to do such a thing.

....no, they really did drop the ball. Pretty much everyone accepts this as true.

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/22/cliven-bundy-case-ranch-standoff-fbi/

"Government should have the right to use extralegal tactics against armed warfare, but those Bundys man...."

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Please do not commit the super cool crime of [INSERT RADICAL GROUP HERE]

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

HOW DARE YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

I think you mean besides Ted Kennedy/Bill Clinton/Hillary Clinton/Nancy Pelosi/Chuck Schummer. Can't wait to drown out my chud in-laws with lethal levels of booze during vacation.
I think they've about finished jerking off over the Ted Kennedy movie, and Ted will disappear again from their minds. It's harder for him to be the boogie man when he's been dead for 9 years and they don't have the best attention spans as it is. You never hear them talk about Robert Byrd anymore because nobody would know who that was.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Dead Reckoning posted:

In the absence of a very specific exclusion where your actions revoke your citizenship, you absolutely can demand the protections afforded to citizens.

Hell, in most circumstances you would have to be convicted BEFORE they can say "yeah, you did those things, citizenship revoked." So this is just... y'know, all kinds of wrong.

(granted I don't know how it works in Germany)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/999333645268766726?s=19

What does this even mean, what does anything trump says mean

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You can be an ugly dog and still be a good dog :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It's like a kindergartener badly relaying what they learned in school that day. At least when it's not outright lies.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Dog shamers are equal to nazis

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hot Karl Marx posted:

pretty sure that in this case he thinks he is bringing all the car factory jobs back from canada?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Air force academy graduated today. Another 900~ officers to gently caress poo poo up and traffic while they're at it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I smell horseshit.

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/999351332732620800?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Thank god the NFL is protecting me, not at all a sensitive snowflake, from the display of someone kneeling. Ha, I bet those triggered snowflakes have to hide inside their safe space locker rooms during the anthem now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

How many different ways did he submit it?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I guess Trump figured out he was the president and could just do stuff?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/VP/status/999348017244397568?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cool, guess I'm done with football

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is it wrong that I want to see Pence lose his faith?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

Is it wrong that I want to see Pence lose his faith?

What faith? He's basically a devout con artist. This is the same guy that was pocketing campaign funds to pay his mortgage and pretty much showed no remorse when caught.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess dudes will just stay in the locker room during the anthem like they used to? :shrug:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

CommieGIR posted:

What faith? He's basically a devout con artist. This is the same guy that was pocketing campaign funds to pay his mortgage and pretty much showed no remorse when caught.

We need more people reading the new testament bits about how Christ reacted to the money changers at the temple and less of this gospel of wealth heathen behavior.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good heathen. Just not the modern Pharisee hippocrytes who behave like one of the three things Christ got mad at.

Out of season fig trees and the temptor in the desert are the others.

I think my point was something about how these assholes cloak themselves in a religion whose core tennant is don't be an rear end in a top hat, and barely literate bible thumpers who don't even read the drat thing are a part of the problem.

Pence is as much a Christian as I am a pacifist.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

One of the things still blowing my mind is that an "issue" that had all but fizzled out nationally was reinvigorated by an elected buffoon bumbling on Twitter and has since turned into an actual issue of discussion in national discourse, splitting an entire loving people in two.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Religion is for losers

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Mike's mean-spirited, dead spirituality is delightful to watch. By all means, ingratiate yourself to power and flatter the nation's basest vanities! This turns out awesome for everyone's descendants. Surely we will all feel patted on the back by the invisible God.

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Religion is for losers

So true. Then again, everyone's a loser, so religion is for everyone.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The most hilarious part of the Baader Meinhof poo poo is that the whole thing was sparked into existence by outrage over student Benno Ohnesorge being shot to death by a west berlin cop while protesting the shah of iran, and then 40 years later it came out that the cop was working for Stasi.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Slim Pickens posted:

I guess dudes will just stay in the locker room during the anthem like they used to? :shrug:

Armed guards will harry them onto the field where they will have to stop and prove easy targets

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh joy!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-outbreak-2018-two-infected-patients-flee-treatment-center-in-congo/

Those two are already dead, but they're not forcing containment of the infected.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 23, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/cevangelista413/status/998605432523501568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
White House is excluding Democrats from Intel Briefings:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/white-house-excludes-democrats-key-intelligence-briefing

• Locked thread