Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Gonna get an Ellie tattoo. I haven't read the spoilers but I'm sure everything's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

Yeah idiots dont you know who GITA JACKSON is?? I mean who else could have writter articles like
"Gen Z Is Coming for Millennials and We Deserve It" or "Is There a Racist Monument In Your Town? Check This Map to Find Out" at VICE NEWS?

Also when did Vice news stoped exploiting poor south american people for their drug cartels exposés

qnqnx posted:

Literally who?

normal posts

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Avoid knowing anything about video game “journalists” like I do : by getting all your information from Nintendo directs

Lol that people think video games can have a good story though. Lol

love to put journalist in scare quotes and then boast about watching an advert

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lurker2006 posted:

My issue is the gaping void of expertise in the actual subject matter. They offer the basic journalistic professionalism for publishment, but beyond that it's just surface level takes punched up with flowery prose. I don't mean to denigrate them as not being real 'gamers', I mean to say that nothing they offer surpasses the lukewarm takes you could expect from an average 'gamer' on a forum. Odds are you'd have better luck scrolling through this board for the occasional effort post than reading through professional websites. I don't know maybe the journalistic delivery is all that can be reasonably expected from them?

lurker2006 posted:

I'll just go ahead and say that her having a cycling bodybuilder's physique in the apocalypse just seems...out of left field and distracting? Is it some sort of horribly out of touch female empowerment thing?

lurker2006 posted:

Ellie has muscles, Abby is blatantly on gear. Without context it just strikes me as a pretty incongruous character design.

lol

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"
Naming my child Ellie it'll be really epic

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
Yes, perhaps I downplayed the amount of barbaric takes you might encounter on the average forum, but do you honestly disagree with me?

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

lurker2006 posted:

I'll just go ahead and say that her having a cycling bodybuilder's physique in the apocalypse just seems...out of left field and distracting? Is it some sort of horribly out of touch female empowerment thing?
They modeled a giant pristine gym they made in the post apocalypse, just so it could be explained how woman has muscles.

lurker2006 posted:

Ellie has muscles, Abby is blatantly on gear. Without context it just strikes me as a pretty incongruous character design.

Woman: *has low body fat and some muscle*
"Yep definitely juicing"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it's bad acharacter design unless they show Abby eating (or talking about eating) constantly, also they have to explain where she is getting all that food and juice

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Looking at her abs I don't think she's eaten anything for a while. Which would be the bad bit of her design is she looks like she's gone into a food cut before a body sculpting competition, in the post apocalypse.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

FalconImpala posted:

Video games journalism should solely be a "1" to "5" bags of popcorn system. There is no text, only "popcorn" written on each bag. This eliminates plagiarism entirely

Until Orville Redenbacher’s family shows up and demands royalties, or else....

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

It’s hilarious how mad small-muscled men are over a character in a video game having a bicep.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's bad acharacter design unless they show Abby eating (or talking about eating) constantly, also they have to explain where she is getting all that food and juice

When everyone else was busy looting hospitals, she had the foresight of looting the local gym for a lifetime supply of supplements and roids.

This will all OBVIOUSLY be explained in the upcoming novelization "The Last of Us: Abby -- Lean Times, and Getting Ever Leaner" and the accompanying 20 part ARG.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

really cool to say the character modelled on an irl human is on roids, normal to say that honestly

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
To be honest a girl ripped to hell is more credible than fungi zombies IMO.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Wasn't it revealed Abby lives in a gym or something like that? Maybe that, combined with harvesting dogs for sweet proteins, gave her all the gains she needed.

Zeta Acosta posted:

To be honest a girl ripped to hell is more credible than fungi zombies IMO.

I will not be satisfied until muscle girl fungi zombies are in this video game.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Stux posted:

normal posts

I’m honestly glad you got my joke, thread master Stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i prefer king

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure if the creative minds behind Naughty Dog are up to the task of delivering a deep and nuanced plot. Bear with me and let's explore.

Missile Command on the Atari XE was the definitive narrative exploration of how violence and brutality overshadow the struggles, hopes and dreams of humanity with a rich and varied lifetime meaning nothing in the face of a nuclear apocalypse. A lone survivor, nay a commander, destined to be the last person alive. Eternally failing to be the saviour the world needs. Doomed to never see their loved ones again. Not even their ashes.

How can The Last of Us 2 even being to compare with such a classical genre-defining exploration of the human condition?

I mean look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtExeWqZN20 Naughty Dog really need to try a lot harder for the third game. A lot harder.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It was either that or Dog Murder Leaderboards Champ stux

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I imagine if you had to kill everyone you ever met with a hammer, you’d have pretty strong biceps.

Noodly armed gamers in the thread

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That one quote is just Niel stealing the "you will regret your words and deeds" line and rewording it slightly. Sigh.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Stux posted:

i prefer king

Stux posted:

behold your king

hail to the king, baby

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DancingShade posted:

I'm not sure if the creative minds behind Naughty Dog are up to the task of delivering a deep and nuanced plot. Bear with me and let's explore.

Missile Command on the Atari XE was the definitive narrative exploration of how violence and brutality overshadow the struggles, hopes and dreams of humanity with a rich and varied lifetime meaning nothing in the face of a nuclear apocalypse. A lone survivor, nay a commander, destined to be the last person alive. Eternally failing to be the saviour the world needs. Doomed to never see their loved ones again. Not even their ashes.

How can The Last of Us 2 even being to compare with such a classical genre-defining exploration of the human condition?

I mean look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtExeWqZN20 Naughty Dog really need to try a lot harder for the third game. A lot harder.

Alex Rubens' book on Missile Command, 8-Bit Apocalypse, is great https://www.abramsbooks.com/product/8-bit-apocalypse_9781419738937/

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I just discovered that the character of Manny, who is Abby's boyfriend in the game, is a self-insert of Neil Druckmann. That's... ah, interesting.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Yeah, Missile Command actually hosed up Dave Theurer’s head, the guy had constant nightmares of nuclear holocaust and quit the industry because he couldn’t handle doing something like that again.

... I don’t think Druckmann will have the same perspective (although the people who watched hours and hours of violence and brutality as research might)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I just discovered that the character of Manny, who is Abby's boyfriend in the game, is a self-insert of Neil Druckmann. That's... ah, interesting.

you have got to be loving kidding me

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I tried to google for picture of Manny and didn’t get a good one but If manny does look like Neil then :lol: because he spits on Joel’s corpse

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Hwurmp posted:

https://twitter.com/MarsStudio1970/status/1273087686371401728

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just a lunatic reddit theory. I mean why would he hate his own fanbase?

Oh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Miching Mallecho posted:

I tried to google for picture of Manny and didn’t get a good one but If manny does look like Neil then :lol: because he spits on Joel’s corpse

Yeah, he does look like Neil. It was on Reddit but got taken down by Reddit's legal team. Prooooobably not worth reading the thread though, it's full of complaining about the ess jay dubya boogeyman and other awful crap.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The greatest player betrayal since Johnny got killed off in GTAV. Johnny sucked lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Stux posted:

normal posts

As normal as complaining that someone else doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of internet personalities.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
You know what, I’m a little kiddy to play this Friday. I got hyped, they got me.

I’m ready for the Druckmann hurt.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

qnqnx posted:

As normal as complaining that someone else doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of internet personalities.

i c u

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Miching Mallecho posted:

You know what, I’m a little kiddy to play this Friday. I got hyped, they got me.

I’m ready for the Druckmann hurt.

This. Can't wait to waste the game writer's self insert character with a tire iron

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the people with brains like the guys in those screenshots are going to hate the game and its epic win

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Starks posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just a lunatic reddit theory. I mean why would he hate his own fanbase?

Oh

imagine being so obsessively mad about some videogame that you become a mentally ill nazi

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dog killers irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I will never understand people who think game developers exist to personally spite them.