Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Chexoid posted:

Joanna vs Andrade could be pretty cool. Joanna seems way better equipped to gently caress Andrade up on those charges.

I didn't really watch Hill's run in Invicta but from this performance I got the impression that she's more about her kicks and knees than her hands. I could be wrong, y/n?

Andrade's inhumanly relentless forward pressure jammed up the kicks, and Angela didn't have enough in her hands to make Andrade respect them. In particular, Hill couldn't maintain distance with her jab, and once Jessica closed that distance Angela was just trading with her at a disadvantage. Joanna's jab is brutal, her cross is very good, she's very good in the clinch, etc. etc. Part of the reason the champ is so scary standing is there isn't a distance you can strike with her--she's strong from the outside, in boxing distance, and in the clinch, and her cardio is great. To stop her doing damage you pretty much have to put her on her back.

Andrade charging through punches with no defense and letting Hill take the plumm constantly is... not a good sign for success against Joanna.

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Fortuna by QWOP

Haha, loving hell

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

Cro-QWOP'd.

fuckin nice

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Two weeks notice explains that although he apparently lied about how much he weighed so he could get the fight?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Two weeks notice explains that although he apparently lied about how much he weighed so he could get the fight?

Ok, I was annoyed with the UFC at first, but now I think this guy has balls of steel. Wow.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It looked like his brain got flipped upside down and he was trying to stand up through the floor :allears:

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

beaten by a middleweight with a soft baby voice

the shamefulest heavyweight

Anthony Hamilton's biggest career win was against Darrill "Titties" Schoonover. So maybe!

The silver lining is this puts Hamilton in prime position to get brutally kneed in the testicles by Cheick Kongo in a Bellator cage.

Bumpy Johnson fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 5, 2017

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
More like Ovince St-Poo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Win this fight pussy eating man.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
This guy is about to join the lengthy list of fighters whose most notable accreditation is that they sparred Alistair Overeem at one point.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sparring AListair Overeem is the six degrees of Kevin Bacon of bad-weight MMA.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

I didn't really watch Hill's run in Invicta but from this performance I got the impression that she's more about her kicks and knees than her hands. I could be wrong, y/n?
She punched a lot in Invicta, but Andrade puts on more pressure than anyone she faced there, so she wasn't really able to stay on the outside and use her hands in the same way.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Frank Thomas just winked at me

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Let's go Cesaro!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
man i really don't like osp and i don't know exactly why as win or lose he's reasonably watchable as far as lhw goes. whatever. hope the sparring guy wins.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

An unranked light-trashweight making his UFC debut, I expect great things

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

man i really don't like osp and i don't know exactly why as win or lose he's reasonably watchable as far as lhw goes. whatever. hope the sparring guy wins.

He's got a top tier name.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Saint Preux beat Jon Jones.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I've never seen a good St. Preux fight

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Oezdemir's fighter nickname is "Cousin"?

E:
"Hey Volkan! Mah Cousin! Let's go bowling!"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

Even the Manuwa fight was preceded by several minutes of OSP vs Manuwa, unfortunately.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I know no one cares but Rawlings says she's done at 115, so we'll see her at 135, hopefully in Invicta but who knows. UFC seems always give that one last chance to fighters moving weight classes.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

you should watch the manuwa fight

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

How much does OSP love backing up to the cage

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

you should watch the manuwa fight

Maybe remembering wrong but didn't OSP get his rear end kicked?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

He got KO'd Rashad Evans style.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

that is why you should watch it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yeah it was great

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yeah my post was kinda a reference to that

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I just got home, did I miss anything cool?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah, but I'm not going to tell you what. Natch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

*said as osp falls into the fence for the fifth time of the round* st preux is very aware of the fence

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

Andrade vs Hill was really loving good

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Grem posted:

I know no one cares but Rawlings says she's done at 115, so we'll see her at 135, hopefully in Invicta but who knows. UFC seems always give that one last chance to fighters moving weight classes.

If she goes to Invicta she'll likely fight at 125

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Stealth Tiger posted:

How much does OSP love backing up to the cage

This much *I swiftly animorph into lyoto machida as I sprint backward into a wall with my arms outstretched wide as possible*

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Bubba Smith posted:

This card has been fantastic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

*said as osp falls into the fence for the fifth time of the round* st preux is very aware of the fence

OSP: ...yep, that fence is still there :smug:

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
OSP should probably consider some strategy for moving about the cage that doesn't result in him standing immobile with his back to the fence

Cousin is lighting him up when he goes there

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

This much *I swiftly animorph into lyoto machida as I sprint backward into a wall with my arms outstretched wide as possible*

THAT... is the Karate Kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Marching Powder posted:

Every thing about him feels so generic.

• Locked thread