Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Could I hear your reasoning?

Scum voting patterns, your general absence till you have to defend yourself. Your voting patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You'd rather no lynch? All of the votes on TT and TNL are afk at this point. If people on Mein aren't going to switch then we're kind of hosed

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Do it Somber. Join us.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Somber coming in to proclaim me as the best lynch ever off a gut suspicion is hilariously bad.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He's confirmed town tho

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Do not forget, this thing I do.

##unvote
##vote Meinberg

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Switch now someone.

I would have swapped, but Meinberg is better and ahead.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

He's confirmed town tho
He got a garbage scum lynched, that isn't the same as confirmed town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Someone call Keane.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

:redhammer:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##unvote
##vote Meinberg

Just in case I can't see the count

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 4 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Meinberg (8): yuming, fv, -fv, Diqnol, fits, TT, fv, Ninth, Amoeba, -Diqnol, Rasc, Meinberg

Ninth (4): merk, Somber, Diqnol, Opop, -Diqnol, Diqnol, Rasc, -Rasc, TT, Rasc, -Diqnol, -TT, Meinberg, Diqnol, -Rasc, -Meinberg

Tremendous Taste (2): Amoeba, wins, Ninth, Keane, Rasc, fv, -Rasc, -fv, -Ninth, -Amoeba Diqnol, -Diqnol

Diqnol (0): Ninth, -Ninth, Diqnol, -Diqnol

:h: With 15 alive it took 8 votes to execute.
:d: Deadline was floating.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Today was not a very good day. The morning sun gave way to a light rain. Each drop stung bitterly to the townspeople gathered in the square, causing them to be irritable and grumpy. They argued with each other incessantly over seemingly every little thing. At one point, Ninth called another a chicken, leading to a robust discussion over the fairness of using chicken as an insult ("they are actually quite bold birds" vs. "they would run at their own shadows if they knew what a shadow was"). Eventually though as the sun set, the town was at a loss. Three people were on the cliff edge: Ninth, Taste, and Meinberg. Each held their breath as they waited for the hammer to fall.

"Meinberg," the town shouted. "It must be him." Meinberg closed his eyes, and, accepting his fate, leapt backwards down the cliffside. He disappeared into the mist of the waterfall, and just like that, he was gone.

Checking his home revealed that, for all his apparent shiftiness, he was just another innocent bandit, caught up in the chaos and panic.

:s: Meinberg, Gopála Z'denae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 4. :s:

It is now Night 5.

Submit your actions quickly please! Though, it won't open at the earliest until tomorrow evening, so I guess you can actually take your time, that'd be fine, but I'd prefer earlier obviously but I mean whatever.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The town awoke to find yet more bloodshed. First was Epsilon Plus - he was softly sleeping in his serenely scented suite only to be stabbed and skewered by a sneaky sellsword. He will be s....s.... missed.

:s: Epsilon Plus, Daithí Claudiae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 4. :s:

The stranger death, though, was with Somberbrero. His body just laid there in his bed, and he was still breathing, but he just... wouldn't wake up. "It's like the lights are on, but nobody is home," observed one brilliant doctor. "Like he's sleeping but not," commented another staggering genius. "Whoever - or whatever - did this, I wouldn't want to get on their bad side," said the no shittingest sherlock in the town.

:s: Somberbrero, Cupido Slázsak, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was made comatose night 4. :s:

It is now Day 5!
:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Thursday, February 12th, ~11PM EDT.

e: omg!! I finally did it!
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22the+no+shittingest+sherlock%22
DIBS

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 11, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ninth why did you protect merk again? That was the obvious choice...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anyway, I gave all my items away last night. I would have ringed Somber if I hadn't, so sorry Somber.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I suppose that answers my question of "Why didn't you do it if it was obvious?"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Almost as obvious as the alignment Meinberg's posting indicated at EOD :twisted:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Not obvious to me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Purportedly. At any rate, I still think Ninth is a good lynch.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I still reckon we should vote TT, the way the vote dropped off him is suspicious to me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want to look at Fits, Keane, and Valk closely today as well but Ninth is likely my favorite today. As of this moment, I do not want to vote TT out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still not clear on how we had it pretty well narrowed down to TNT and/or TT, then I went for dinner and when I got back you guys had turboed Meinberg. You know what 11th hour switches do :argh:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I used to go on long rants against them, too.

Opop, do me a solid and give me some reads of yours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mostly from people dropping off TT to get on Meinberg. But the momentum started with Dqinol.

EccoRaven posted:

:c: FINAL Day 4 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Meinberg (8): yuming, fv, -fv, Diqnol, fits, TT, fv, Ninth, Amoeba, -Diqnol, Rasc, Meinberg

Ninth (4): merk, Somber, Diqnol, Opop, -Diqnol, Diqnol, Rasc, -Rasc, TT, Rasc, -Diqnol, -TT, Meinberg, Diqnol, -Rasc, -Meinberg

Tremendous Taste (2): Amoeba, wins, Ninth, Keane, Rasc, fv, -Rasc, -fv, -Ninth, -Amoeba Diqnol, -Diqnol

Diqnol (0): Ninth, -Ninth, Diqnol, -Diqnol

:h: With 15 alive it took 8 votes to execute.
:d: Deadline was floating.

Diqnol swapped to his top pick, fits followed, TT got off Ninth I guess sensing the momentum to save himself. FV and Ninth pushed Meinberg well above TT and TT off the table.

If you ask me, it looks like Diqnol jumped to Meinberg not expecting it to gain momentum. Not sure whether he expected TT or TNL to get voted out though. Fits/TT/FV really put Meinberg up as a likely vote leader. By Ninth it was a done deal.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So in this scenario I am scum, yes? What would be the point of doing that as scum?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm thinking you're scum with TT. Jumping off TNL doesn't make sense unless it was clear TNL's vote had stalled. I'm still thinking things over.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think I would ever defend TT if he were my scumbro.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Though all things being equal, I didn't. Meinberg was scummier than TT right up until Mein came in and posted at the end. Ninth was always scummier than both but I decided to see what might happen. Hopefully today I'll find that out.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

TNL was always the scummiest but you were looking around for somewhere to place your vote.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's a pretty crappy narrative but I won't stop you from pushing it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hope you realize by now that I don't care how I'm interpreted. I'm all for telling you I realize how one might, but I'm going to say and do what makes sense to me at any given moment. Anything less and I'm hindering myself for the sake of scum and idiots.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Another way to say that is "worrying about bring consistent is not being interested in the truth"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I could argue that you weren't willing to move to Ninth at deadline because he's your scumbro and you risked looking bad in the face of very, very townie posts from Meinberg at EOD. But I don't interpret it that way. I just think you don't know what town looks like.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

By contrast, I think Valk knows what town looks like and is willfully ignoring it as she has been all game. I'm on a phone now so I can't put together a full case but take a look at her early rarity case and keep in mind that she's changed her narrative as to why I am scum a few times now and hasn't deviated very much from that single idea. Consider also her reasons for thinking Ninth is town are laughable. She hasn't been under any pressure at all throughout the game, either. Oh, and Meinberg thinks she's scum too.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Putting together a vote timeline is a bit annoying.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Let me save you some time. I vote for Ninth most of the day, I get frustrated and vote for not Ninth figuring he will get worked out and Meinberg was the most compelling secondary case. FV does something and in return expects me to vote TT. Meinberg gains traction from others and FV decides she wants Mein over TT and tells me to keep voting Meinberg. Meinberg shows up and makes a bunch of townie posts. I get frustrated because he's making sense too. I go back to my gut with Ninth who could have still been lynched. FV threatens a no lynch but tries to blame the possibility on me. Meinberg self hammers.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That should save you the asking me questions followup you had planned too! I'm a kindly soul at heart.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That owns, Amoeba.

• Locked thread