Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Nitrox posted:

Sorry about your ugly balls, ya'll.

Indifferent about your pretty balls, I guess? Not really worried about the aesthetics of my testicles.

I just slap some chrome or gold stick-on spikes and some glow-in-the-dark letters from Michael's on there and I'm good to go.

Edit: like, speaking of things that aren't genitals though, the Factory version of the new Tuonos is prettier one.

And yeah, it's mostly the headlamps and the stickers. But I think it's pretty cool looking now.

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Resplendent is the word I was trying to think of.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

I love how Jay's favourite feature of that bike is the adjustable seat and cowl so it'll fit his saggy arse lmao.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

What the gently caress? How does that even stay in there?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Motsew posted:

I love how Jay's favourite feature of that bike is the adjustable seat and cowl so it'll fit his saggy arse lmao.

Putting Jay Leno on a superbike is like putting mud tyres on a Ferrari or something. He might be a great rider (I doubt it) but I struggle to imagine him being able to use any of the performance it has at all. It's just a boondoggle to add to his draconic treasure pile of boondoggles.

Odette posted:

What the gently caress? How does that even stay in there?

I'm picturing a trillion zipties.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
And here we see the majestic lovely driver in his natural environment, almost rear-ending me.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Your restraint is amazing and should be commended. I have no idea what I would have done. Probably ride up next to them and start breaking bottles (I often have a 6 pack on me).

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I started carrying a firearm nearly full-time about two years ago. It's done quite a bit to teach me restraint.

That said I am about to go drive around the neighborhood and see if I can find the car and get the temp-tag numbers (it's behind a tinted window in the video) to turn over to the DPD.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Akion posted:

I started carrying a firearm nearly full-time about two years ago. It's done quite a bit to teach me restraint.

That said I am about to go drive around the neighborhood and see if I can find the car and get the temp-tag numbers (it's behind a tinted window in the video) to turn over to the DPD.

By restraint you mean getting off the bike before firing so that your aim is better, right?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Why would I own a gun and a motorcycle if I can't use the former while riding the latter?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Then why would you need restraint? :confused:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
We have mag caps here in Colorado. Gotta make every shot count.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well then obviously you rig the bike with contraptions to hold magazines so you can reload quickly while shooting off-handed.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

I like the REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT key chain, whatcha fly?

dictionar.com
Jul 17, 2005

VERISIGN IS A BAD COMPANY

This is a tough one. Following driver is always going to be technically at fault but that makes no difference between run over and not. Quick left turn after right hand exit, tricky; left across double yellow, iffy; relying on other drivers at dusk to spot a tail light and signals for an unexpected turn (especially a supermoto light setup,) ehhhhh. If you had been driving anything except a city bus it still is a tricky spot.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Seems like he wasn't going very quickly and came to a pretty gentle stop whilst indicating. Driver was a retard. Ten bucks says he/she was txting/on facebook.

Akion, stay strong buddy. Manslaughter charges are just a trigger pull away :ohdear:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

xaarman posted:

I have one too, they're awesome. But the only thing I fly is rockets into the ground in Kerbal Space Program.

I got mine from Amazon. :shobon:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

dictionar.com posted:

This is a tough one. Following driver is always going to be technically at fault but that makes no difference between run over and not. Quick left turn after right hand exit, tricky; left across double yellow, iffy; relying on other drivers at dusk to spot a tail light and signals for an unexpected turn (especially a supermoto light setup,) ehhhhh. If you had been driving anything except a city bus it still is a tricky spot.

From a practical standpoint, I would have been safer to go further down Pecos (the street I was originally travelling on) and make a right into the gas station. Normally, that is how I enter that parking lot. From a legal standpoint, a Left across a double yellow is legal where I am (Colorado) for the purpose of entering/exiting a driveway and/or alley, provided no sign is in place forbidding such a turn.

Also, if you look in the video I turn right down the side street directly before that car (he is waiting to make a left from the oncoming lane onto the same street), so I don't know what they were doing other than not paying attention.

xaarman posted:

Just my Supermoto. I kept leaving my key in the ignition before, so I figured a bright red tag might help me remember it.

Slavvy posted:

Seems like he wasn't going very quickly and came to a pretty gentle stop whilst indicating. Driver was a retard. Ten bucks says he/she was txting/on facebook.

Akion, stay strong buddy. Manslaughter charges are just a trigger pull away :ohdear:

Yeah, I try and ride consistently and obviously. Some people are just morons tied to their phones. In a perfect world I could legally pull them out of their car at gunpoint and shoot their phone in front of them to teach them a lesson.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Akion posted:

Just my Supermoto. I kept leaving my key in the ignition before, so I figured a bright red tag might help me remember it.

That's exactly why I got mine. After leaving the office for the 3rd or 4th time and having to ask my wife for a jump or a friend to give me a push-start down the street...

Since I got it, I haven't left the key in yet. It's weird seeing that keyfob on someone else's bike.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Take that, Multistrada!

BMW S1000XR

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's interesting to watch the adventure bike segment split into dirt and street oriented subgroups. I'm thinking the street-biased end is where "sport tourer" is heading.

That XR has to be wide as hell.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKh2h8vfzU

:captainpop:

Dyno run at 1:52.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

:eyepop: dat pipe

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
such glow, such fire

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
:eek::hf::fap:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I just noticed that the Tuono Factory* does not have passenger accommodations; how am I supposed to wheelie my kids around? And my screaming wife?

Also, it took me a couple of seconds to realize that that above BMW Multistrada was in fact a BMW and not just more photos of the new Ducati Multi. They even offer it in white and red as a further slap in the face.

* 2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory APRC ABS

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Holy gently caress, I can't even imagine how quick I'd die. That thing is nuts. Anyone who is hating on the $25,000 price tag is fully retarded, it's cheaper than my Fiesta ST.
If I didn't live with my girlfriend I'd absolutely plop down a deposit on one.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Voltage posted:

Holy gently caress, I can't even imagine how quick I'd die. That thing is nuts. Anyone who is hating on the $25,000 price tag is fully retarded, it's cheaper than my Fiesta ST.

I showed my wife and basically got told she'd kill me before it could

But gently caress. I want one. Bad.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I showed my wife that Leno video and now she wants one.

I'll just scoot along quietly behind her with my RSV4, thankyaverymuch.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

captainOrbital posted:

I just noticed that the Tuono Factory* does not have passenger accommodations; how am I supposed to wheelie my kids around? And my screaming wife?

Also, it took me a couple of seconds to realize that that above BMW Multistrada was in fact a BMW and not just more photos of the new Ducati Multi. They even offer it in white and red as a further slap in the face.

* 2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory APRC ABS

did you not see the accomodation on the old model? To steal my own line, only a scared naked person would ever have been able to hold on anyway.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Voltage posted:

The video was the track only version with 100 more HP than the $25,000 street version. Rumored price of $60,000 based on this invoice that may or may not be fake.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Well hell, video is no longer available due to a copyright.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Retarded Pimp posted:

Well hell, video is no longer available due to a copyright.

http://www.cycleworld.com/videos/la...XtnA3evAI5rXp8z

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

goddamnedtwisto posted:

did you not see the accomodation on the old model? To steal my own line, only a scared naked person would ever have been able to hold on anyway.

Yeah, it looked like it was specifically made for The Ladies.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
"Gear driven and chain driven supercharger"?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Maybe it's the same setup as some engines have where part of the valve train drive is accomplished by chain and part by gear. But I doubt it.

deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro
Why did they have to announce this supercharged monstrosity just a short time after I dropped a $1k non-refundable deposit on my ZX14R. I feel like a chump. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

From the articulate gentleman who brought you, "It makes a Power... It makes a noise..."