Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The punchout prefight info is cool but I need Doc Louis telling me all this instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
More pics up of those new 8bitdo controllers, they deffo have triggers for those wondering: https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/15/8bitdos-new-snes-inspired-retro-gamepad-is-a-dream-nintendo-switch-controller/?ncid=rss

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

max braaaaaaaass

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Max brass is my hero

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was hoping his arms would be trombones

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

i was hoping his arms would be trombones

They're literally champion belts.

Not just belts, champion belts.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It must've been pretty intimidating when Max Brass showed up as a rookie and his arms were already championship belts

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Who would have thought Triple H would be in ARMS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/V5spYRN.mp4

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wait, what did he say was up next?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ometeotl posted:

Some bullshit for 3ds I'm sure.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wow they're not even showing Pokemon

they didn't give any time to Layton either :(

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

THE END

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Last Treehouse over.

No surprise announcement.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

RIP, expect a direct in the coming months I guess...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, this year kind of went above and beyond already.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean, this year kind of went above and beyond already.

Yeah, I'm still pleased with stuff coming out this year of all things. But a surprise at the end would have been real nice.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Well, no VC, no online, no surprise release, but METROID PRIME and Pokemon. Can't be unhappy with that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Imagined posted:

Well, no VC, no online, no surprise release, but METROID PRIME and Pokemon. Can't be unhappy with that.

What were you looking for specifically here? We know it's a thing, we know it works through the test punch/splats (edit: SF2 and MK8D too of course :v: ), we know the price and the classic games perk.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 15, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

So Amazon apparently wanted to make up for sending me Mario Kart a week late by getting ARMS to me a day early, and it's pretty fun. I feel like a badass when I'm fighting, but holy gently caress it is going to take forever to earn enough money to get all of the arms. I did the tutorial, a full Grand Prix (granted it was at difficulty 2) and played some of the mini games and I earned enough to do the "get arms" thing once, at the end of which I learned (because the game doesn't explain it very well) that I didn't even get anything because I missed the one and only opportunity to punch one during the 30 seconds I had.

How many points do you get from an average online match? I assume the thought is that most people will earn most of their points from online, but playing single player Mario Kart I earned a new piece after pretty much every grand prix (later on, maybe after every other) and those are way shorter than 10 straight matches. I mean, there are basically 270 parts to unlock, so it is going to take a fuckload of time to even make a dent in that. Smash and Mario Kart were way better at doling out unlockables.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

What were you looking for specifically here? We know it's a thing, we know it works through the test punch/splats, we know the price and the classic games perk.

A date, man. A date. Even like.. a ballpark one. Soon? Holidays? Next year?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

quote:

On why in the world Nintendo is going to require use of a mobile phone when using voice-chat for the Switch, given that everyone else, and even Nintendo, has previously done console voice-chat directly through the console:

Fils-Aime: We actually think that the phone is going to deliver a better, more robust execution. In terms of the APIs that we can build into an app, the fact that phones are ubiquitous, the fact that it allows us to do much more rapid improvements and updates to the service, that’s why we think a phone execution—and specifically a mobile app execution—is going to be better for the consumer.

:lol:

Fils-Aime later added "I have no clue what I'm talking about."

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Imagined posted:

A date, man. A date. Even like.. a ballpark one. Soon? Holidays? Next year?

Oh, you missed that announcement? That happened a few weeks ago I think. 2018. Fall launch got binned and pushed back.

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Edit: It was June 1st.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/870444987380416512

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 15, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Oh, you missed that announcement? That happened a few weeks ago I think. 2018. Fall launch got binned and pushed back.

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

2018 :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I might be late for pizza chat but garlic, spinach, grilled red onions, boiled potatoes, feta, and a small bit of mozz. After working in pizza for half a decade that was my contribution and it was great

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I might have to actually care about voice because of splatoon's salmon run would be good with some chatter.

Other modes would just be me screaming at the rest of you for dragging me down in Ranked.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm sure the voice app will launch with Splatoon since the devs have talked about how it'll work with it and that silly Splatoon headset with the splitter.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Reggie's my dude and all but the phone app thing's a wet fart and he knows it

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Got so close to ordering a bundle from Walmart before it went out of stock. :( One of these days...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fun Times! posted:

Got so close to ordering a bundle from Walmart before it went out of stock. :( One of these days...

Actually the Switch is doomed and there are hardly any games for it, so really you're just saving money at this point.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

LethalGeek posted:

I might have to actually care about voice because of splatoon's salmon run would be good with some chatter.

Other modes would just be me screaming at the rest of you for dragging me down in Ranked.

You can still spam booyah what more do you need!?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/ubisoft_espanar_tweet_states_beyond_good_and_evil_is_coming_to_nintendo_switch

Looks like BG&E2 is gonna be on the Switch in addition to other platforms.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

It won't be on Switch.

Because it is never coming out.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Fun Times! posted:

Bundles were still available at Gamestop as of this morning (when I ordered one for myself). They're supposed to ship "by June 30th."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/dYdZT2H.mp4

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I actually have both Wii and 3DS versions but that lizard brained urge to buy it again to play on Switch in undocked mode really speaks to me.

I understand, I've got a ton of VC repurchases because I wanted them on the Wii, then the 3DS, and even the Wii U. I'm dumb and will rebuy them on the Switch.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Someone talk me down those Japan only joy-cons.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

You get free online until then. We're just missing the dumb phone app and access to the NES games.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

incoherent posted:

Someone talk me down those Japan only joy-cons.

It's only available with a new switch purchase I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

It's only available with a new switch purchase I think

Apparently thought so too but someone linked them

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/category/ACCESSORY/HAC_A_JAFAA.html

• Locked thread