Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

imagine being part of the security awareness team and going to hr over this

they want to give them a promotion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

stoopidmunkey posted:

so it turns out that they were part of security awareness training. I passed but have to talk to hr.

lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

stoopidmunkey posted:

so it turns out that they were part of security awareness training. I passed but have to talk to hr.

ahahahaha

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

unless you were on a work-issued phone, thats what they get for doing sms phishing as part of security awareness training

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://github.com/google/security-research/tree/master/pocs/cpus/zenbleed
POC is out
and lol

quote:

Timeline

2023-05-09 A component of our CPU validation pipeline generates an anomalous result.
2023-05-12 We successfully isolate and reproduce the issue. Investigation continues.
2023-05-14 We are now aware of the scope and severity of the issue.
2023-05-15 We draft a brief status report and share our findings with AMD PSIRT.
2023-05-17 AMD acknowledge our report and confirm they can reproduce the issue.
2023-05-17 We complete development of a reliable PoC and share it with AMD.
2023-05-19 We begin to notify major kernel and hypervisor vendors.
2023-05-23 We receive a beta microcode update for Rome from AMD.
2023-05-24 We confirm the update fixes the issue and notify AMD.
2023-05-30 AMD inform us they have sent a SN (security notice) to partners.
2023-06-12 Meeting with AMD to discuss status and details.
2023-07-20 AMD unexpectedly publish patches, earlier than an agreed embargo date.
2023-07-21 As the fix is now public, we propose privately notifying major distributions that they should begin preparing updated firmware packages.
2023-07-24 Public disclosure.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

there's always some gold in detailed timelines if you dig into vulnerabilities.. usually not that explicit about it though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cmon yall it's pretty clearly a joke. a freakin great joke, but a joke

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

this zenbleed thing is the first actually cool exploit ive seen in a while. feels good

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

cmon yall it's pretty clearly a joke. a freakin great joke, but a joke
it's a great joke yeah I just want to make sure it's actually a joke :ohdear:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

spankmeister posted:

it's part of the scam, better send them goatse too

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/zenbleed-bug-allows-data-theft-from-amds-zen-2-processors-patches-released

patches coming in december lmao

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
to clarify all messages were sent to and from my person cell number. No corporate assets were involved. I was asked kindly to not do that again. I asked them not to use my personal number.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

you were serious about the hr thing?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
Haha what the gently caress they sent it to your personal cell phone number? That's amazing. If they feel the need to take things to that level they should absolutely be issuing you a separate work phone.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger posted:

thats what they get for doing sms phishing as part of security awareness training

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

they should agree to indicate whether the phishing is real or just for training

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stoopidmunkey posted:

loled irl at this

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stoopidmunkey posted:

to clarify all messages were sent to and from my person cell number. No corporate assets were involved. I was asked kindly to not do that again. I asked them not to use my personal number.

gently caress that, it's your personal number so you can do whatever the gently caress you want.

mystes
May 31, 2006

if it's your personal number 1) they shouldn't do that gently caress them and 2) if they did send a message to it pretending to not be from work then you had every right to send goatse to it and gently caress them if they have a problem with it, it's none of their business

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

stoopidmunkey posted:

got what they deserved, imo

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

mystes posted:

if it's your personal number 1) they shouldn't do that gently caress them and 2) if they did send a message to it pretending to not be from work then you had every right to send goatse to it and gently caress them if they have a problem with it, it's none of their business

Cannot imagine what the gently caress they're thinking with this one unless your cell is specifically listed as an official contact

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy cow it's real lmao

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i've used my cell as a 2 factor for things, my company doesn't issue phones, i can see why they would want to check it, in our case they're not smart enough to do that though

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

holy cow it's real lmao
you need more or less faith in humanity but I'm not sure which one

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

mystes posted:

you need more or less faith in humanity but I'm not sure which one

lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

first one, then the other

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
they said don’t do it again so don't use goatse again, next time bring up some of the other classics like tubgirl or lemonparty

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

just lol if you don't keep goatse saved on your work machine for exactly this scenario

anyway if it was SMS then did you send them a link or were they using random WhatsApp messages or something?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

you can send images with MMS

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Carthag Tuek posted:

you can send images with MMS

oh drat MMS I forgot about those completely

flashback to mms using like 4x your available text allowance

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

just lol if you don't keep goatse saved on your work machine for exactly this scenario

anyway if it was SMS then did you send them a link or were they using random WhatsApp messages or something?

ASCII art goatse

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

🤚💍🕳️✋

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

lmfao

did they at least know it was goatse? was there even any sense of humor involved?

who was the snitch in IT that reported you to HR

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 25, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mystes posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that poo poo sucks even when it’s to your work device, like i don’t have enough poo poo to do at work without infosec loving with me. id be so mad about it, if i ever looked at my emails

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

stoopidmunkey posted:

now that they know what goats really look like, send them those midjourney pictures that riff off of it but are sfw, like the ones where it looks like a giant gaping pink cavern or whatever and it continues to scar them because the mind cannot avoid seeing what, in its heart, it expects to see

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

sb hermit posted:

now that they know what goats really look like, send them those midjourney pictures that riff off of it but are sfw, like the ones where it looks like a giant gaping pink cavern or whatever and it continues to scar them because the mind cannot avoid seeing what, in its heart, it expects to see

ngage design post goes here

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Achmed Jones posted:

🤚💍🕳️✋

bless

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

polyester concept posted:

lmfao

did they at least know it was goatse? was there even any sense of humor involved?

who was the snitch in IT that reported you to HR

it was performed by a third party and apparently I made someone cry. my boss thinks it’s hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

sorry to whoever you just scarred for life and all but there's something kinda nice about knowing ol' kirk can still have that effect on people :unsmith: