Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i love susan gough coming up again

Delta-Wye posted:

I was curious about this Susan Gough character and a few moments of googling later:

probably common research topic for someone with the right academic background to end up as a pentagon spokesperson talking about ufos :tinfoil:
https://fas.org/irp/eprint/gough.pdf

Delta-Wye posted:

Susan Gough vs :tinylue: is an interesting lens. she literally has a thesis on making up psyops and seems to be the source of the "lue never worked for aatip" story, and lue blew a gasket trying not to talk about her during one interview. i think that is a piece of the conflict raising to the surface, but instead maybe its theater and really fuel for the op too lmao

Rah! posted:

*susan gough talking through a voice scrambler to john greenwald, telling him how she's an intelligence agent and lue fabricated all of the navy UFO sightings*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

This :tinylue: IG complaint document mentions in passing two videos that we haven't seen, and indicates that there are a lot more than that.

Page 10: My office received a very compelling video in 2011, sent to us on JWICS that was collected by a sensitive US platform operating in a denied area. The video was approximately 18 to 20 minutes in duration and appeared to show three UAPs flying in a distinct triangle formation.

page 11: In his email to me, Mr. Tipton asked me how my efforts were going at AATIP and if we were able to gain additional fidelity on a specific UAP video I shared with him the prior year while he was my supervisor at ISPE. My response was negative.

So I guess it's possible these are references to the same video. It sounds like the 20 minute video is very classified because it was taken by a secret asset over a foreign country (illegally). In the second quote, a previous boss or friend or something, as soon as he gets back to the AATIP project his first email to Lue is to ask if he ever figured out a specific UFO video, it's probably pretty compelling.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

goochtit posted:

I wonder if this is what's really driving this push for disclosure. Somehow, this phenomenon is increasing in frequency and/or becoming more erratic or aggressive with aircraft. Ryan Graves says in this article that UAPs pose a risk to military and commercial flights. At the risk of connecting unrelated dots: Haven't there been a few military aircraft crashes lately? Whatever happened to MH370? What about China Eastern Airlines Flight 5735?

I took it as being alarmed at the amount they found when they finally started looking. Its possible sightings are increasing but I dont think they have the data to say that yet.

Dunno about MH370 but military aircraft crash all the time, like once a month just for the us lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Remember that the Brasil UFO hearings are on Friday. I expect them to be less tight-lipped about this stuff than the American government, but maybe that's a totally unfounded expectation.

edit, I didn't realize they actually put out quite a bit of info last month when we had the American hearings:

SKULL.GIF has issued a correction as of 02:24 on Jun 22, 2022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/vhdkqz/help_identifying_this_fathers_day_newport_beach/

can't seem to embed reddit videos...

quote:

Career Pilot here, object had no position or anti collision lights. Checked Flightradar24 right after nothing seemed to be on that flight path. Was metallic with a unusual vertical shape that I couldn’t place to anything.

quote:

Hey I was with OP when they got the video. It looked like a large slow moving rectangle that was tilted at an angle. Metallic in color almost like gasoline on water. No sound and the distance that we were at made it feel like there should be sound since you can hear the aircrafts all day in that area.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rickshaw posted:

This :tinylue: IG complaint document mentions in passing two videos that we haven't seen, and indicates that there are a lot more than that.

Page 10: My office received a very compelling video in 2011, sent to us on JWICS that was collected by a sensitive US platform operating in a denied area. The video was approximately 18 to 20 minutes in duration and appeared to show three UAPs flying in a distinct triangle formation.

page 11: In his email to me, Mr. Tipton asked me how my efforts were going at AATIP and if we were able to gain additional fidelity on a specific UAP video I shared with him the prior year while he was my supervisor at ISPE. My response was negative.

So I guess it's possible these are references to the same video. It sounds like the 20 minute video is very classified because it was taken by a secret asset over a foreign country (illegally). In the second quote, a previous boss or friend or something, as soon as he gets back to the AATIP project his first email to Lue is to ask if he ever figured out a specific UFO video, it's probably pretty compelling.

I have to say that :tinylue: has been extremely consistent with what he has been saying all along and this document is no different.

Rickshaw posted:

I just read the main portion of the document, it's actually the clearest description of what AATIP / AAWSAP were, their role, authority, Lue's role, etc. Lots of invaluable details and I expect the FOIA wizards are already submitting requests

Agreed. Also the evangelicals are scared, if you stop investigating you will IDK render the "demons" powerless or whatever is pretty funny and loving sad at the same time. Let me meet the Fairy Queen!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

my bony fealty posted:

one of my least favorite bits about traditional UFO woo stuff like this is how uncreative it is

oooh yeah lets see there are aliens and they are mantis alien, reptilian alien, blonde alien, tiger alien, uhh dog alien?

elder scrolls rear end alien races

smdh

I like the occasional purple blob or blocky robot that showed up in the 50s/60s

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

SKULL.GIF posted:

This one, sorry for not quoting it, I'd been catching up with like 300+ unread posts:

Though that particular clip has so little surrounding context (just a straight shot of the sky and the UFO) that it could've easily been faked.

That one came from here https://twitter.com/528vibes/status/1526042475273498625

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/QpAloB8.mp4

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Looks like a tilted airplane seen though heat haze

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Bilirubin posted:

I have to say that :tinylue: has been extremely consistent with what he has been saying all along and this document is no different.

:tinylue:’s cheques always clear

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Remember that the Brasil UFO hearings are on Friday. I expect them to be less tight-lipped about this stuff than the American government, but maybe that's a totally unfounded expectation.

edit, I didn't realize they actually put out quite a bit of info last month when we had the American hearings:

If I remember correctly Leslie Kean's book has a pretty compelling chapter written by a Brazilian general about one of the more infamous mass sightings that took place there. Kean even dug up US DoD documents about the incident in Brazil.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

It finally happened to me, I saw something in the sky that I couldn't confidently identify. Now, I think it was probably a meteor but I'm not certain. There was a light in the sky that I initially thought was a plane but then another point of light thing fell away from it, it was kind of like an aerial firework of some kind but it was traveling from top-right to bottom-left. Like I said it could have been a meteor but still it wasn't like anything I have personally seen myself.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I see an alien irl? it's on sight. I will violently piss myself and cry, I will scream, I will shout "hey everyone there's an alien over here", and then i will tell my girlfriend, thereby defeating the p'nti

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

one weird trick to kill j'rooti

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

Ice Cube will swarm
On any motherfucker in a blue merkaba form
Just 'cause I'm from the CPT, punk p’nti are afraid of me

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

what's a merkaba form

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The most convincing parts of these UAP videos are the excruciatingly banal conversations that go on in the background

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

It finally happened to me, I saw something in the sky that I couldn't confidently identify. Now, I think it was probably a meteor but I'm not certain. There was a light in the sky that I initially thought was a plane but then another point of light thing fell away from it, it was kind of like an aerial firework of some kind but it was traveling from top-right to bottom-left. Like I said it could have been a meteor but still it wasn't like anything I have personally seen myself.

In my experience meteors tend be a streak of very fast moving light, stuff certainly can split off of them as they break apart. They usually don't traverse much of the sky either unless it's a really big one. I've never seen one that could be mistaken for a plane. Can you describe this in more detail?

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Re. If anyone in this thread is a starseed, it's surely Riot bimbo. Sorry about your invasive space family!!
Also this new luecoment is pretty interesting - can anyone remember how it was obtained?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
can someone link me to the story of the GOP operative who got briefed and it made him cry every night I can’t find it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Petey posted:

can someone link me to the story of the GOP operative who got briefed and it made him cry every night I can’t find it

Jimmy Carter?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

my bony fealty posted:

Jimmy Carter?

No tbh e guy who got posted in here a million times with the crazy eyes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

WEH posted:

I took it as being alarmed at the amount they found when they finally started looking. Its possible sightings are increasing but I dont think they have the data to say that yet.

Dunno about MH370 but military aircraft crash all the time, like once a month just for the us lol

Reminder that the f35 crashes because it's raining

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

my bony fealty posted:

Jimmy Carter?

Nah it was that Reagan era nerdlinger

Hang on, I'll try and scare it up

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I am a big ol starseed my mom and dad were archons its all true

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Petey posted:

Here ya go!!

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Efb

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S._Herrington btw

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Riot Bimbo posted:

I am a big ol starseed my mom and dad were archons its all true

I'm a level 5 Reiki master, Indigo Child and Einstein in a past life.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Anyone read the Dolan/Zabel book? Is it good?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

Anyone read the Dolan/Zabel book? Is it good?

Dolan is fascinating but just keep in mind he is absolutely batshit libertarian doomer on top of all the UFO stuff so everything he writes is tinged with the certainty that the government is going to inject nanochips into you for tracking

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I'm a level 5 Reiki master, Indigo Child and Einstein in a past life.

i mean that's cute :grin: i was everyone who ever lived and will live

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I'm me and that's just fine :)

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

If I ever stop repeating my name like a Pokémon I Akira-style become one with everything tbh.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

what's a merkaba form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&t=611s

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

lmao i forgot about spirit science

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Radar gettin a new sonar
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220616-the-new-sonar-built-from-sealife-noises

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

humming triangle

NUFORC posted:

Me and a friend were driving home after work; I pulled into my girlfriend’s drive (now my wife) and let my friend out. He lived next door to her. I walked around to her back door and noticed no lights were on so figured her and her family was asleep. I started walking down the driveway to my car and heard a humming noise, got in turned off the radio, still hearing this noise so I turned off the engine, started looking around and looked up, it was right above me, tree top level. At this same time my friend came running around the front yelling, “did you see that”? He stated he was walking into the back of his house and saw this bright,bright light shining so he had came back around watching it. I was so thankful that someone else had seen this. In 1966 there were no cell phones with cameras at hand. We drove to my house and woke my parents up to tell them about what we both had just seen. We decided we would try and find it again by driving in the same direction we had last seen it heading but we were never able to find it.
We’re both 70 plus years old now and continue our interest in this phenomenon. My friend is a retired Army veteran and lives in Pennsylvania. Due to my wife’s insistence that we report this before something happens to all the parties involved is why I am finally wanting to make a report of this sighting. My Army friend also wishes to report it and has stated he too can be contacted in Pennsylvania.

disk drops out of clouds briefly over rochester

NUFORC posted:

I had just turned 12 years old and the young 5-year old girl I baby-sat for, who lived on the second floor of my apartment building, was talking to me from her bedroom window as I was outside on a typically overcast day. While I was looking upwards at her, something caught my eye to the right but somewhat almost overhead in the clouds, and I looked over and saw a dark gray disk come straight down from the clouds and hover underneath the clouds, in total silence, hovering with just the slightest of movement (there was a bulbous shape in the center of the disc of the UFO) and as I stared at it in shock for 15 seconds or so, it slowly lifted up and back into the clouds again, where nobody could see it. I was in shock and it felt surreal. I am 49 years old now and have looked for one over since because I KNOW they exist. I hope to see another sighting in my lifetime! I was not afraid at all -- it just seemed like they were looking at us, and then they went on.

Thank you for this website. I have always wanted to report this!

red orb illuminate trees as it passes; teased about seeing "the enterprise" the next day

NUFORC posted:

Object traveled from the West towards the East across US route 250 at moderate speed. It pulsed with a red hue as it traveled and the pulsing (dull red to bright red) illuminated the tree tops as it passed overhead.

My friend and I were the only observers. We were 14 at the time and were returning from a Boy Scout meeting.

We have slightly dissimilar memories of the object to this day, but I recall the hazing we recieved at school the next day because the first or second episode of Star Trek was on at the time of our sighting(unknown by us at the time because neither of our families received NBC broadcasts at that time) and our classmates teased us about seeing the "Enterprise."

It therefore had to be in September 1966 that we witnessed the craft.

tiny fast USO next to minesweeper

NUFORC posted:

I was on look out on ocean minesweeper USS Embattle MSO-434 . starboard lookout called me to look at something. it was raining and 7 foot waves. it apeared that the water running off of the deck was making a trail in hte water 2 feet from our starboard bow. when the boat rolled to port the trail was still there even though the water was running of the port side.

after about 5 mins. it made a straight right turn and left at a high rate of speed. u could hear it moveing through the water like a fishing line. it was about 10 ins long and 3 ins around. it could not have been a porpose or a submarine. we could not see anything under the water because it was just to dark. i was in the navy 11 years. i am a trained [observer]

orb "scans" pregnant woman and two of her three children

NUFORC posted:

I had been up late doing baby laundry. I was very pregnant with our 4th child, went to sleep almost immediately. I was awakened suddenly, startled, wide awake. At first, I lay still, trying to discern if someone had entered the house before I made any move. Then, in the doorway between the boy's room and our bedroom, (there wasn't any door), I saw a glowing white bright orangish globe floating about 4 feet above the floor. It appeared to be so hot, it was almost totally white. I opened my eyes as wide as possible, then slowly sat up. The object emitted a low hum and when I sat up, it conveyed a mental threat of electrocution to me if I moved any more. I felt it scan my children with beams that I don't think I conciously saw. Two boys were in the room it was in and it scanned my pregnant belly, then a child in another room. It seemd to convey that it discounted the child in the other room, a girl, but took note of the 2 sleeping boys and the infant in the womb, telling me that the baby was a boy.

Then, it began to 'glow down', turning from white to bright ornage, to a faded dark orange, becoming transparent, then to gray and out. Then got up, looked around, saw nothing, laid back in bed and almost as quick as earlier, fell asleep. I had placed a large chest of drawers between the boy's room and ours, it had a large mirror facing me. We lived in a corner house in the city then and light came through the venetian blinds and the kids claimed it bothered them. The door was an arch way and the house was not yet ours so we didn't try a door. As it turns out, I also ad one of those floating vacumm cleaners, a tan globe thing, which was in the closet in the boy's room. I didn't tell anyo! ne about this appearance due to several things, my being pregnant and tired when I retired, and, already having a sattelite shaped vaccumm cleaner people would have surely thought I'd hallucinated the whole incident.

But those were also the main reasons I made myself so alert, I was wide awake, no in between worlds fog. About 20 years later, I did tell my family when we were talking one night about OOB experiences.. and other 'weird' happenings to us. That baby boy was born Jan. 20th, but I still had to guesstimate at the month of the experience.

military; the only people who remembered the incident were the two who could not see the object

NUFORC posted:

This is my sighting non sighting: I was stationed and NAS Monterey. I was a crash Fireman there for around two years: One day after we had gone to eat the evening meal and were back playing volley ball in the hanger one of the guys sighted this UFO directly over the runway 28 and every one went out to watch it and they were all pointing at the object and describing it in great detail. I could see NOTHING AT ALL. The dispatcher wanted to see and he was calling me so I relived him and he went and saw the object. While I was on the desk I called the tower (Aircraft Controller) he told me that he could not see the object with his eyes but that it was on the GCA radar. I also called the radio station and the ask all the people to go out and look and see fi they could see it. There was one other fireman who was unable to see the object.

That night after the sighting the firehouse was a buzz with talk and speculation but when the next day came none of these witnesses could remember it, only me and the other man who did not see the Object could remember the incident. The next day when we went back on duty (we were on 24 and 24 off) Naval intelligence officers were there in the rec. room and they interviewing the other man who did not see the object and he was in there about an hour then it was my turn. I went in and the man ask me what did you see? So I started describing what all the other men had described and after I got all through he said again, Now what did you see? After about the third time, "DU" I got the message and said, "I didn't see anything Sir" and he said to me, "that's right now don't forget it". He did say to me, "you didn't call the radio station from here did you"? I said, "I didn't see anything", He said, "that's right; carry on Sailor".

The following hours that day I and the other man who did not see the UFO, we were transferred out of the fire department and on to the flight line. (This is very unusual for trained Firefighters to be transferred) I got orders to Pacific Missal Range (The Naval Air Weapons Station, Point Mugu) I was a crash Firefighter again on St. Nicolas Island in the Channel Islands of California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Radar's sonar about to be FUBAR

https://twitter.com/usatgraphics/status/1539646791620202496?s=20&t=N6VehfP7naq9Dsv5aMzTQA