Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Carwash posted:

...He built 3 bloodstones because the game was a loving joke and it didn't matter at all, not because it's "good". He was playing in normal bracket that game, which means the search range expansion was enormous and/or he was playing with a friend that had 1k MMR. He could have built 6 soul boosters and achieved the same results.

I never once said it was good or that the game was a joke or not. I just merely clarified that yes you can get charges on a second bloodstone. Stop loving reading poo poo that isn't there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wargigargle
Sep 8, 2011
Skywrath is one of the heroes I have fun playing, but I am not necessarily good with him.

That said, if I am playing a 'mid' instead of a support, the rule of thumb I follow is that everything I build on him is a strong int item. If I want mana regen, I'll probably try and work towards an Euls, since he has great int growth and can really make good use of the 150% Mana regen; plus he adores that movement speed bonus to help keep his distance. Since he is like Silencer in that his damage output is magnified by int more so than other int heroes, I try to ignore things that directly boost his mana pool and instead boost his int. Power Treads, Force Staff, Euls, Rod of Atos, and Sheepstick are generally what I go for. Building a Bloodstone on him though is just so dumb.

Then again, I don't like Bloodstone on a lot of heroes unless they need the raw HP/mana and regen, and not the stats, will be casting spells forever, and taking a lot of incidental damage in a fight (Storm Spirit being a great example of that). Skywrath fulfills the second bit, but really doesn't meet the first and third.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How about instead of building multiple bloodstones you make an item that won't become significantly worse the more you die?

BasicBitch
Feb 2, 2014
ethereal blade skywrath is one of the funnest things ever. You can melt anything, especially if you have your silence on them. Its a good way to keep him relevant lategame once heroes can eat the 1400 damage somewhat comfortably.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

YouTuber posted:

I never once said it was good or that the game was a joke or not. I just merely clarified that yes you can get charges on a second bloodstone. Stop loving reading poo poo that isn't there.

You said this:

YouTuber posted:

Some times it's great to have 3 bloodstones. Build and max them successively and you have unlimited mana essentially.

You literally said it's great to have 3 bloodstones sometimes. Then you edited it out. Amazing.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Carwash posted:

You said this:

You literally said it's great to have 3 bloodstones sometimes. Then you edited it out. Amazing.

Yeah it was sarcasm then I realized everyone on this thread has autism are are literally unable to comprehend it so I edited it out.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Let's get away from this supremely retarded "discussion" with some good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-TJJmM2W6s

:hb: YOUR KING RETURNS :hb:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

All of you are terrible.

Stop building multiple Bloodstones.

No one cares.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

AXE COP posted:

I, too, cling irrationally to inferior and less impressively modeled heroes (fix Ogre Magi's wrist and get rid of the big weird seams on his feet, Valve!).

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
That image excited me. Also, stop thinking I'm only doing 1400. I'm doing like, 4200+ one shotting the carry, or spreading a range of 1400 to 2800 across multiple targets. Are you guys forgetting that overlaping them stacks?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

AXE COP posted:

I like awful things too. Is there one that changes Storm Spirit back to his untextured placeholder model?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Philosopher King posted:

That image excited me. Also, stop thinking I'm only doing 1400. I'm doing like, 4200+ one shotting the carry, or spreading a range of 1400 to 2800 across multiple targets. Are you guys forgetting that overlaping them stacks?

E: Oh didn't catch the Scepter upgrade, whatever

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

pandaK posted:

E: Oh didn't catch the Scepter upgrade, whatever

Game_Changer

Seriously he was already amazing before and I laughed like a madman when they did this.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well if it wins you the games and gets your numbers big, who am I to judge? I'm just a lowly 2.5k MMR neophyte.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

pandaK posted:

Well if it wins you the games and gets your numbers big, who am I to judge? I'm just a lowly 2.5k MMR neophyte.

Yay child fill your blood with stones and ye too shall be amongst the illustrious 3k mmr eliete where this bullshit works.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Have you ever considered buying like, good items instead? Like a sheep or something? I mean I guess if no one is buying BKB then yeah it's great that you can drop 3x ion on someone but that doesn't make it a good item choice.

Edit: If you're just trying to dump 4200 damage on people at least just buy soul boosters instead of spending 1750 gold on a poo poo item just to get another big red crystal in your inventory.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

IT BEGINS posted:

big red crystal in your inventory.

Crystalys Lina is totally legit.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

TheRat posted:

That's a fat Specter :stare:

That's actually pretty standard for him :v: But the Furion in that game was the absolute worst. :argh: He went the Dagon-Eth Blade build and kept one shotting us in the early game, and it was unbearable for the midgame too. Then it fell off because we were able to survive that, and that's all he had, so he died immediately after that combo failed.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

King of Spit posted:

All the concede talk is a riot. We played last night, with notable forums mascot Luigi30, and were down 22k xp and 17k gold.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/584422561

We won the game, despite at least 2-3 people on it thinking we should let them just end it.

gently caress that.

I never understood radiance on spectre. She's an illusion hero what? 10% of the time? What's it doing for her?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

YOURFRIEND posted:

I never understood radiance on spectre. She's an illusion hero what? 10% of the time? What's it doing for her?

She doesn't have a farming mechanism.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

YOURFRIEND posted:

Gives her the capability of just trashing the poo poo out of supports no matter what.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

YOURFRIEND posted:

1) She has no innate way to farm quickly 2) She gets tanky, meaning that burn is around along time for the DPS 3) Her reflect is already doing radiance like burn, radiance just strengthens this 4) When she ults its just more easy damage for early pick offs

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Do you really want to deal with the witch hunt when you're the one person that votes "no"? That'd be even worse than having no concede.

We had a great moment in League of Legends where it was 3 pubs, me, and a friend, and one of them was a total rear end in a top hat and wanted to rage surrender immediately because he didn't get enough ganks or whatever, so my friend and I voted "No". You need 4/1 to surrender, so it didn't pass, and he started having a shitstorm and accusing everyone of being the one to say no. Eventually he kept calling votes, and through this weird, unspoken agreement with the other 2 pubs, we kept making it so different people said no every time, but it never passed. Then we started accusing him of being the "NO VOTER" and he went totally ballistic and was the most paranoid man in the world.

I know that's not DOTA, but that's what happens with concede sometimes.

But so I have DOTA content in here, can anyone give me words on Puck. I took him in Single draft over Pudge, and they had Sniper mid, so I was like "This should be easy, I'll just Phase Shift his Ult." We got stomped and I did horribly. Any advice on Mid with Puck? His auto attack animation feels so clunky.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
A few weeks ago we were talking about jungle farming Sand King with Sandstorm. Well, here's a jungle Sand King in a pro game getting a 9 minute Blink Dagger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzlhaqz3X6A

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Meat Recital posted:

A few weeks ago we were talking about jungle farming Sand King with Sandstorm. Well, here's a jungle Sand King in a pro game getting a 9 minute Blink Dagger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzlhaqz3X6A

If I see a single goddamn jungling Sand King this weekend I swear to god

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

If I see a single goddamn jungling Sand King this weekend I swear to god

MSPaint.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
So I know this has pretty much been covered buuuuuut

-My alt, on which I just finished calibrating my MMR

-My real account, which I've been playing DOTA on for about 13 months

I have never soloqueued on my main, and I've only soloqueued/tried to play heroes I don't know very well on my alt. Still, the two ratings are within a game or two of being identical.

Your MMR isn't lying to you. You're where you should be. Shut up.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Luigi Thirty posted:

If I see a single goddamn Luigi Thirty this game I swear to god

Fixed for everyone else.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Crummelhorn posted:

So I know this has pretty much been covered buuuuuut

-My alt, on which I just finished calibrating my MMR

-My real account, which I've been playing DOTA on for about 13 months

I have never soloqueued on my main, and I've only soloqueued/tried to play heroes I don't know very well on my alt. Still, the two ratings are within a game or two of being identical.

Your MMR isn't lying to you. You're where you should be. Shut up.

Funny how you're trying to argue that after only what is about 50 ranked games on the smurf, assuming you just did 100% ranked games the instant you had the opportunity to. Not necessarily saying your statement is wrong, but that's an incredibly small sample size to base things on.

E: Oh wait, you said you only just finished calibrating, well then that just makes it even funnier.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

This is like the girl in the red coat in Schindler's List.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
You get assigned an MMR instantly. You could check it with a console command before calibration was finished, before they patched that out. So it's 222 games, actually.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
loving laughing at loud at multiple people thinking Wraith King is better. And now I want heroes to have headbutt attack animations.

(if you weren't aware Skeleton King's texturing was actually better)

Lets! Get! Weird! fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 30, 2014

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

pandaK posted:

Funny how you're trying to argue that after only what is about 50 ranked games on the smurf, assuming you just did 100% ranked games the instant you had the opportunity to. Not necessarily saying your statement is wrong, but that's an incredibly small sample size to base things on.

E: Oh wait, you said you only just finished calibrating, well then that just makes it even funnier.

I have 2 accounts that both have over 500 games and they are within 300 points of eachother (often closer).

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

This is like the girl in the red coat in Schindler's List.

lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Crummelhorn posted:

You get assigned an MMR instantly. You could check it with a console command before calibration was finished, before they patched that out. So it's 222 games, actually.

There's still a difference in how much the system trusts that you're at the bracket you deserve to be in since there are less games. That's why when the console command was first a thing, you also saw an entry for rank uncertainty which gauged how swingy the gains/losses would be.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

(if you weren't aware Skeleton King's texturing was actually better)

and yet the model sucked.

King of Spit
May 18, 2006

YOURFRIEND posted:

Elman posted:

She doesn't have a farming mechanism.

No. It has very little (close to nothing) to do with farming. Her farming mechanism is that she's a carry. It helps but not dramatically so and shouldn't be the motivation for getting it.

Radiance has incredible synergy with haunt (to a lesser extent, diffusal is the same. This basically makes your illusions do an extra 350 damage to heroes. This makes the ult go from great to absolutely devistating, especially on lower hp heroes.

In the replay quoted, the Zeus ult + haunt combo would essentially wipe their entire team once we were 16.

It's basically like a Scepter upgrade for Haunt.

It also has synergy with dispersion, as Specter is just making GBS threads out damage from dispersion constantly, adding another 50 burn damage hurts.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

pandaK posted:

There's still a difference in how much the system trusts that you're at the bracket you deserve to be in since there are less games. That's why when the console command was first a thing, you also saw an entry for rank uncertainty which gauged how swingy the gains/losses would be.

That's true, but this guy and the guy mentioned earlier in the thread who got a 3k alt account to his real mmr within 100 games have done the same thing with very similar results. I'm gonna keep using my alt for ranked soloqueue, so we'll see.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Catsplosion posted:

and yet the model sucked.

No no it didn't. Hence my post.

I mean did any y'all actually open it in Maya or something 'cause I done it with both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wargigargle
Sep 8, 2011
You know, sometimes when I am a support, and I have plenty of slots open, I just grab a cloak for the extra 15% magic resistance.

Is that a bad thing, especially against a nuke heavy lineup?

• Locked thread