Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Although there have been several updated since I've noticed the issue, if you edit your own post it un-bookmarkes a thread that you have previously bookmarked.

Tested across several threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Is there a possible way to open all unread in separate (background) tabs on a page? I go through my bookmarks in the control panel and end up clicking the last-read link on a lot of threads to open in separate tabs. It'd be nice to know if there's an option to do this quicker either through SALR or another addon/script.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

No. 9 posted:

Is there a possible way to open all unread in separate (background) tabs on a page? I go through my bookmarks in the control panel and end up clicking the last-read link on a lot of threads to open in separate tabs. It'd be nice to know if there's an option to do this quicker either through SALR or another addon/script.
Yeah, there's a couple of GreaseMonkey scripts that will do it for you. This one (that I wrote) does that and a whole lot more, but there's another one that just does only what you're after.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Thanks! Absolutely perfect.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I updated to the latest SALR and now I don't even have to edit my posts to be unsubscribed to a thread automatically. I consider this a pretty serious issue since 95% of my forums browsing is through bookmarks so please look into a fix for us. :ohdear:

e: a workable solution now is to just force SALR to default check subscribed in every reply/edit but it also means unbookmarking threads I just make one or two replies in and don't care to follow. I'm not really sure what changed because this broke one day a few weeks back out of the blue without an update to SALR or Firefox or anything else.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 22, 2013

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Was an issue caused by a forum-side change. Just pushed an update; let me know if you still have an issue with unsubscribing from threads after today's build.

Will get to the other fixes soon. :)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That seems to have done it. You guys are the best!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Didn't there used to be an option in SALR to let you see the whole title of embedded Youtube videos if you moused over them? So many videos have titles too long for the embedded video box

Like this:

I can also never seem to get the embedded videos to show as "gigantic" despite selecting them in the configuration menu. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Didn't there used to be an option in SALR to let you see the whole title of embedded Youtube videos if you moused over them? So many videos have titles too long for the embedded video box

Like this:

I can also never seem to get the embedded videos to show as "gigantic" despite selecting them in the configuration menu. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Works for me. Make sure the SALR option to embed the videos is enabled, and also make sure your forum-side option for video embeds is disabled.

No idea about the titles offhand.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Found another bug. The preview window doesn't handle nested [list] tags correctly.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm still having threads occasionally get un-bookmarked when I respond to them.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
For the search thread box, can it be changed so it doesn't search the thread title? If you search for a word in the title it returns every post in the thread.

e: also while you're up there, any chance of a "see your posts in this thread" link next to it?

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

Schweinhund posted:

e: also while you're up there, any chance of a "see your posts in this thread" link next to it?

This is a really cool idea and I would love to see this as a feature as well.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

astral posted:

Works for me. Make sure the SALR option to embed the videos is enabled, and also make sure your forum-side option for video embeds is disabled.

No idea about the titles offhand.

The SALR video option actually works? I've never been able to get SALR to work with embedding videos, all it does is highlight the youtube link. The forums option works fine. I just assumed that the video part was something that worked in the past and never got taken out.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Alkanos posted:

The SALR video option actually works? I've never been able to get SALR to work with embedding videos, all it does is highlight the youtube link. The forums option works fine. I just assumed that the video part was something that worked in the past and never got taken out.

Yes, it works. What happens when you click a highlighted youtube link?

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcCWIuvDis

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I think the real issue is when you have a youtube link cued to a specific time. Clicking on it seems to produce an embedded blank video. As an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUsVFL7aCc#t=120s

astral
Apr 26, 2004

gameface posted:

I think the real issue is when you have a youtube link cued to a specific time. Clicking on it seems to produce an embedded blank video. As an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUsVFL7aCc#t=120s

Starts the video at 2mins for me just fine. What version of SALR are you using? And what are your SALR settings for the video embeds?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

astral posted:

Starts the video at 2mins for me just fine. What version of SALR are you using? And what are your SALR settings for the video embeds?

I get the same results as gameface. I'm on version 1.99.130223.

Video settings
http://i.imgur.com/2Awe880.png

astral
Apr 26, 2004

frozenphil posted:

I get the same results as gameface. I'm on version 1.99.130223.

Video settings
http://i.imgur.com/2Awe880.png

I'm a big dummy and overlooked one obvious combination of settings and start time! That second issue should be fixed in v1.99.130225. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 26, 2013

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

astral posted:

I'm a big dummy and overlooked one obvious combination of settings and start time! That second issue should be fixed in v1.99.130225. :)
I'm no expert on what youtube urls could look like, but I just had the exact same problem with one that had the word 'share' tagged on to the end.

I don't know if the presence of that word was user error or whatever, but it resolved correctly to a video when opened in a new tab.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

I'm no expert on what youtube urls could look like, but I just had the exact same problem with one that had the word 'share' tagged on to the end.

I don't know if the presence of that word was user error or whatever, but it resolved correctly to a video when opened in a new tab.

Happen to have a link to the offending post? :)

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

astral posted:

Happen to have a link to the offending post? :)
I've looked for it, honestly, before I posted, but I couldn't find it.

However, I tried appending random text to youtube urls and it seems youtube just parses the first 11 (?) characters of the video id and drops the rest.

So, I'm going to try to recreate the issue here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVGl_2Wtg1Eshare

EDIT Yep, that has the problem as described.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure it's SALR's problem if the user presents it accidentally or intentionally with what's technically a malformed youtube url. I'm guessing this doesn't happen all that often.

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 27, 2013

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

astral posted:

Confirming that it is fixed for me in v1.99.130225. You rock, astral!

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Color highlighting for threads with new replies is no longer working for me in forums (but does work in the User CP), all visited thread show the color for visited but no new posts. It works on my work machine so it's not a problem with my account settings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SALR, renamed the salastread.sqlite file, toggled the "Don't perform color highlighting in thread lists" option (disables highlighting in the User CP when enabled), but I still can't get it to work. Any suggestions on config files or settings I may have missed?

Edit: Fixed by disabling Advanced Thread Filtering, that was easy. Thanks!

Alereon fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 13, 2013

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Alereon posted:

Color highlighting for threads with new replies is no longer working for me in forums (but does work in the User CP), all visited thread show the color for visited but no new posts. It works on my work machine so it's not a problem with my account settings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SALR, renamed the salastread.sqlite file, toggled the "Don't perform color highlighting in thread lists" option (disables highlighting in the User CP when enabled), but I still can't get it to work. Any suggestions on config files or settings I may have missed?

Try this:

astral posted:

[...] if you have Advanced Thread Filtering on, see if turning it off in SALR's options fixes it for you.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Are embedded YouTube links no longer working properly an SALR issue or do I need to look somewhere else?

Links are converted properly into embedded players/previews, but every time, without exception, I click the play button, I get an error message (in the player window), "An error has occured, please try again later". I then need to click on "open in youtube" to actually watch the clip, taking me away from the SA forums page, since there is no option to open in a new tab.

FF 20.0.1, SALR 1.99.130225

astral
Apr 26, 2004

mcbexx posted:

Are embedded YouTube links no longer working properly an SALR issue or do I need to look somewhere else?

Links are converted properly into embedded players/previews, but every time, without exception, I click the play button, I get an error message (in the player window), "An error has occured, please try again later". I then need to click on "open in youtube" to actually watch the clip, taking me away from the SA forums page, since there is no option to open in a new tab.

FF 20.0.1, SALR 1.99.130225

Please make sure you aren't accidentally using the forums' embedder - set the following option to NO to be able to use ours:

If that was already set to no, please provide a link to a non-working video embed, and a screenshot of your Threads pane in the SALR settings would be helpful, too. Thanks!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I was having that issue on occasion as well, but if I switch off the forums embedder all my videos stop being embedded and turn back into links. The videos all now play fine and in the proper size I selected in SALR, but all look like this:

Is there any other setting I need to select to get them to embed?

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 22, 2013

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Click the link. The pink bg means it will put the embed inline when you do.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
But that means I have to click an extra time! [/first world problems]

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Gorilla Salad posted:

But that means I have to click an extra time! [/first world problems]

On the other hand video-packed threads aren't a million miles to scroll. Why do you even turn off embedding in the first place if you want them embedded?

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

The Chrome version of SALR adds an "Open all subscribed threads in new tabs" link on my User Control Panel, is there any equivalent to that in the Firefox SALR?

edit: already answered on this page 2 months ago. :sigh:

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 23, 2013

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Sereri posted:

On the other hand video-packed threads aren't a million miles to scroll. Why do you even turn off embedding in the first place if you want them embedded?

I only tried turning it off because I was getting playback errors similar to the user two posts above mine.

I'm not fussed by having to scroll down long pages, I can click my scrollwheel and I've set that to "page down".

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Does anybody have a link to a handy guide to merging the "notes" between the old Chrome SALR and Redux (and also possibly Firefox SALR?)

It's probably something I could figure out but if the problems already solved...

Thanks, and apologies in advance if I'm asking a super dumb/oft asked question.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

syscall girl posted:

Does anybody have a link to a handy guide to merging the "notes" between the old Chrome SALR and Redux (and also possibly Firefox SALR?)

It's probably something I could figure out but if the problems already solved...

Thanks, and apologies in advance if I'm asking a super dumb/oft asked question.

Check out the SALR for Chrome thread here, especially the last page.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hooah posted:

Check out the SALR for Chrome thread here, especially the last page.

Thanks. I thought I had asked this question there last night (I did) but somehow my post didn't auto-bookmark that thread. Obviously because I was being an idiot and using both extensions at the same time or neither.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Swapped to Firefox after Chrome continued to degrade into nonsense, and while this is working great, how do you add numbers next to the unread posts? The option is available over in the Chrome version, but can't find it on the Firefox one.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Rirse posted:

Swapped to Firefox after Chrome continued to degrade into nonsense, and while this is working great, how do you add numbers next to the unread posts? The option is available over in the Chrome version, but can't find it on the Firefox one.

In Preferences, on Forums Tab, first option under 'Features'?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

In Preferences, on Forums Tab, first option under 'Features'?

I have that setting on, but this is how it looks compared to the Chrome version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
It still says (8) on the right

• Locked thread