Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

buttholes all the way down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

with suitably advanced technology the birds probably dont even need to flare their bases anymore they just beam it out

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

That's sort of tangentially related to one of the most discussed subjects in science fiction: how do starfleet personnel poop. Trek has never shown a bathroom or even a toilet, so it's assumed that they use a dedicated transporter device to just beam the waste out of people and into the matter reprocessing hoppers for the food synthesizers.

The thing is, I find this totally plausible for a real civilization that is capable of bending time/space for FTL travel. Why the heck would they get stuff out of their butt the dirty way. It just makes sense.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

in the nerd manuals for tng they had blueprints for the enterprise with bathrooms labeled

they were labeled "head" because thats where u go for road head on the intergalactic highway

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

and before u ask no im not a hit at parties

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

you know is?

neil deGRASSe tyson

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've been making subtle inquiries about this stuff to people I know over the past few months. Nearly everyone has an experience where they saw something weird, or they know someone who swears they saw something inexplicable. I've gotten very little skeptical pushback, and when I do it's usually only from the reddit :razz: types.

I bring it up to everyone and I swear it's one in ten people with a UFO experience.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Rudeboy Detective posted:

That's sort of tangentially related to one of the most discussed subjects in science fiction: how do starfleet personnel poop. Trek has never shown a bathroom or even a toilet, so it's assumed that they use a dedicated transporter device to just beam the waste out of people and into the matter reprocessing hoppers for the food synthesizers.

The thing is, I find this totally plausible for a real civilization that is capable of bending time/space for FTL travel. Why the heck would they get stuff out of their butt the dirty way. It just makes sense.

The transporter is locked onto their biosignatures at all times they are on the ship. They drop it in their pant and it's gone before touching cloth

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

legit lol at "winged cigar shape 1952"

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I bring it up to everyone and I swear it's one in ten people with a UFO experience.

Extraordinary experiences are a very human phenomenon.

Uglycat has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Jul 29, 2022

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Tekne posted:

we will never know if the strange lady in the hollow boat was a cat or a fox woman

it's also very cool that the vessel she washed up in looks just like a stereotypical saucer

The one I saw was average dome shaped but had lights from the one seen in new Mexico in the middle. :hai: Neat chart!

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I'd definitely want a small personal transporter right at the threshold of my anus so I get the physical feel and experience of making GBS threads but as it crosses into freedom it's instantly beamed into the waste disposal. Imagine the bridge crew were just randomly taking big dumps at any given time.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

D-Pad posted:

I'd definitely want a small personal transporter right at the threshold of my anus so I get the physical feel and experience of making GBS threads but as it crosses into freedom it's instantly beamed into the waste disposal. Imagine the bridge crew were just randomly taking big dumps at any given time.

This is what makes the federation a utopia.

Post scarcity and that just-poo poo feeling nonstop.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
A lot of those ufo shapes really could be some form of distortion or lensing

Imagine the reflective water's surface when a drop hits it, stuff like that.

Refractive envelope. Weird poo poo itt.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

or a 5 dimensional object seen in 4d

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

UAPs are stored in the balls. This is why Lue thought people would be somber.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

helta posted:

USP

unidentified scrotal phenomena

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Wrinkly balls put me in touch with jrooti

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What are the good high strangeness books? Not like Joe Rogan "whoa, what if we're in a video game"... Like, "what if our perceived universe is made of information from a higher dimension", and "how does consciousness affect reality" type stuff.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Start out with the Mothman Prophecies by John Keel. It's kinda the cornerstone of the modern phenomenon and so much high strangeness stuff draws from it, knowingly or unknowingly that you simply have to read it as foundation. From there, check out Hunt for the Skinwalker by Knapp and Kelleher. Read both with a critical eye mind you, there's a lot to not trust for a variety of reasons, but I'd argue that those two books are as foundational as anything, and they're both page turners to boot, so it's not like it's a hardship to go through them.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

skewetoo posted:

The one I saw was average dome shaped but had lights from the one seen in new Mexico in the middle. :hai: Neat chart!
my encounter was closest to the top middle right and top far right

i couldn't tell the overall shape since it was both huge and long with the top obscured by creepy bright clouds

to this day i still hope it will appear again so I can take bad pictures or even a crappy video

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

D-Pad posted:

what if the transporter slips and teleports uranus

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

helta posted:

Spergin Morlock posted:

USP

unidentified scrotal phenomena

helta posted:

Wrinkly balls put me in touch with jrooti

the P'nutties cum from UY Scroti

P'nutt is stored in the Scroti

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rudeboy Detective posted:

This is what makes the federation a utopia.

Post scarcity and that just-poo poo feeling nonstop.

The vulcans used their logic and discipline to overcome their revulsion upon meeting TP-using savages.

The Borg are an inhuman cyber plague because they remove your capacity to poo poo, and therefore to feel.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

D-Pad posted:

why do you want to poop

just put the wormhole in my esophagus

let my anus atrophy from lack of use like a naked mole rat's eyes, until it's a barely-perceptible pinprick between my cheeks

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

So I was just sitting in my car outside my house to smoke a bowl and saw a bunch of flashing orangeish lights travelling in a pattern. At first it was just 4 in a row side by side travelling in formation, and then I started seeing more after that, all travelling southward. I pulled up FlightRadar and there was nothing travelling in a southbound direction for miles, all I saw on there were a couple of commercial flights travelling westward that I could also see with my eyes. I've seen several more of the orange lights as I write this post. Took some lovely video, but not sure what to do with it. This was above the northwest Denver suburbs.

I'm also noticing that there's basically no traffic to our local airport, which is unusual. The skies are actually pretty empty in general. I didn't hear any discernable noise from the lights either. Possibly drones? They seem to have finally tapered off. I did see a couple of them change direction in midair and then fade from view a couple seconds later.

I'm uploading the videos to YouTube now, I'll pop the links up when they finish if there's interest.

Edit: Here's the first video of a cluster of the lights, I think it was 4 at first and then one disappeared during it, but my lovely zoom skills were on display. Also there's an annoying streetlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0AI82WmJEU

And Edit 2: Here's the second video I took, just trying to follow one of the lights while keeping the streetlight as much out of the shot as possible. Couldn't tell if it just disappeared behind the tree or if its trajectory took it out of line of sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asj0_sz-tgE

Edit 3: Ah, fuckdammit, I think it's that goddamn Elon Musk again. loving Starlink pooping up the sky.

Organic Lube User has issued a correction as of 05:08 on Jul 29, 2022

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Organic Lube User posted:

So I was just sitting in my car outside my house to smoke a bowl and saw a bunch of flashing orangeish lights travelling in a pattern. At first it was just 4 in a row side by side travelling in formation, and then I started seeing more after that, all travelling southward. I pulled up FlightRadar and there was nothing travelling in a southbound direction for miles, all I saw on there were a couple of commercial flights travelling westward that I could also see with my eyes. I've seen several more of the orange lights as I write this post. Took some lovely video, but not sure what to do with it. This was above the northwest Denver suburbs.

I'm also noticing that there's basically no traffic to our local airport, which is unusual. The skies are actually pretty empty in general. I didn't hear any discernable noise from the lights either. Possibly drones? They seem to have finally tapered off. I did see a couple of them change direction in midair and then fade from view a couple seconds later.

I'm uploading the videos to YouTube now, I'll pop the links up when they finish if there's interest.

there's interest

the interest is me, give me the videos

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Well I got dall e access and i can probably gently caress with it once i get off work, and make the less insane pnut dreams ive had into art

The horny ones are for the nsfw thread tho

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i forgot to post this earlier but wrt starfleet pooping:

during the enterprise's first encounter with the borg, the borg steal + assimilate a toilet

edit: why did nobody inform me theres a nsfw thread, horned up goons sounds like the biggest trainwreck since groverhaus

blatman has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Jul 29, 2022

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

poisonpill posted:

What are the good high strangeness books? Not like Joe Rogan "whoa, what if we're in a video game"... Like, "what if our perceived universe is made of information from a higher dimension", and "how does consciousness affect reality" type stuff.

there's one that i forget the name of and is somewhere on the internet for free where satan and idk metatron are ~12-dimensional sapient hyperweapons created by like 23-dimensional ultra beings to fight some kinda incomprehensible conflict or other. These dimensions include multiple dimensions of time. Also somebody really hosed up so they keep modifying what we perceive to be the laws of physics as part of the conflict. I think at one point they "roll up" the universe so nothing else can get in or leave until their problem gets hashed out? They're basically playing chess but have the ability to also change the rules and the pieces and the board, and this has some lovely consequences for us that eventually gets fixed, like we're retrocausially disconnected from the real world because somebody will have ran an annoying particle physics experiment that distracted these entities or w/e.

iirc this book i'm thinking of is not from the author who wrote Unsong and i just think of them together because they pull certain esoteric themes and put them in a new context. It's a not super great work but it was sorta alright and I don't regret reading it. Probably not strange in the way you mean, at best it brushes up against it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Edit: Here's the first video of a cluster of the lights, I think it was 4 at first and then one disappeared during it, but my lovely zoom skills were on display. Also there's an annoying streetlight.

And Edit 2: Here's the second video I took, just trying to follow one of the lights while keeping the streetlight as much out of the shot as possible. Couldn't tell if it just disappeared behind the tree or if its trajectory took it out of line of sight.

Edit 3: Ah, fuckdammit, I think it's that goddamn Elon Musk again. loving Starlink pooping up the sky.

musk you ignoramus
you're loving it up for the UAP thread

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

musk you ignoramus
you're loving it up for the UAP thread

I mean, the lights did seem to be under the cloud layer, and satellites shouldn't change direction like I saw happen, I don't think, but what do I know?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

my bony fealty posted:

Yeh gonna do some learning about which birds I can and cannot piss off safely

:hmmyes:

Riot Bimbo posted:

Well I got dall e access and i can probably gently caress with it once i get off work, and make the less insane pnut dreams ive had into art

The horny ones are for the nsfw thread tho
Tell it to render a photograph of Jrooti

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

An out of body i had a month+ ago was a thing where greys were in my bedroom and kept messing with me and i got real mad and said GOD DAMMIT J'ROOTI and one of the greys visibly changed its and they finally hosed off it was pretty funny

I am absolutely running it thru dall e

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

That's not even remotely Starlink. Not at all what it looks like, behaves like, not at that brightness/size, etc.

It could absolutely have a prosaic explanation but it's not Starlink. It was interesting how they changed altitude several times and weren't moving exclusively horizontally.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

blatman posted:

i forgot to post this earlier but wrt starfleet pooping:

during the enterprise's first encounter with the borg, the borg steal + assimilate a toilet

edit: why did nobody inform me theres a nsfw thread, horned up goons sounds like the biggest trainwreck since groverhaus

God bless that anonymous effects person.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

okay i like this

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

also neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Does anyone have a link to that website that lays out all the uap quotes?