Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"a cat forest demon in anime girl form playing pictionary with a grey alien named J'rooti realistic digital art"

last ones for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

poisonpill posted:

What are the good high strangeness books? Not like Joe Rogan "whoa, what if we're in a video game"... Like, "what if our perceived universe is made of information from a higher dimension", and "how does consciousness affect reality" type stuff.

The Case Against Reality by Douglas Hofmann

Biocentrism by Robert Lanza

The Flip by Jeffrey Kripal

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

this looks like concept art for a jak & daxter clone

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

im reading wonders in the sky right now

it's doing a fine job convincing me that not only is the phenomena beyond ancient but that it was a major factor in compelling human storytelling and record keeping

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I kinda believe that ideas about what God or gods are, and what aliens are have some kind of overlap. I do pretty much believe that. Like, greys could just be servants of an archon or something, or ETs could otherwise have a relatiobship that, once understood in our own cultural and mythic context, would be divine or could be interpreted that way, but the nature of that relationship is just not possible to narrow down right now.

My doomer mind says it's basicaly all bad, Like the ones interacting with humans in a substantial material sense under this pretext are absolutely not friends.

I really lean that way, but I could be talked out of it. Part of me thinks it's seriously not that simple, that as complex as human life is, existence beyond us is infinitely moreso, and the parties involved in meddling with us are varied in intention, and discernment from where we are as a species is too difficult to make definite assumptions about the intentions of the parties, which is still a major disadvantage.

I just majorly wonder about where the "legitimate" disclosure stuff is coming from. The more potentially esoteric it is, the more essential it is that humanity be broadly brought up to speed, but also the more potentially dangerous it is for otherwise precarious holders of power. If it's more materially grounded, it is just another hierarchy and doubtless humanity can adjust. But the indications seem to be that, unless it's a basic rear end distraction move by very cynical shitheads, there's something about this that would break brains and potentially threaten powerful people.

but whatever it is, has probably been around for a while for sure.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Re. complexities of the cosmos: I still find the Ra messages compelling because they really feel like an X-dimensional being trying its best to speak to monke and make truthful suggestions for monke to improve its life - while not infringing on its free will (whatever that is).

Plus:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SavageGentleman posted:

Re. complexities of the cosmos: I still find the Ra messages compelling because they really feel like an X-dimensional being trying its best to speak to monke and make truthful suggestions for monke to improve its life - while not infringing on its free will (whatever that is).

Plus:

It also meshes perfectly with everything that's going on now without really contradicting any of it afaict.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I never seem to be able to find a decent write-up/summary of all that Law of One stuff, whenever I look for one I just find the actual material, which is boring, lengthy and annoying to read

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Organic Lube User posted:

Edit: Here's the first video of a cluster of the lights, I think it was 4 at first and then one disappeared during it, but my lovely zoom skills were on display. Also there's an annoying streetlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0AI82WmJEU

Hey this is super cool, thanks for having the presence of mind (and luck of opportunity) to record this. Looks like the triangle pattern that's so commonly reported among UFO sightings.

I trimmed it out but the later part of this video and your second video remind me of what I saw the other night. I'm still sure it's probably just a small craft from the EAA show, but I've seen plenty of planes in the sky and these lights immediately registered to me as unusual.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Barry Foster posted:

I never seem to be able to find a decent write-up/summary of all that Law of One stuff, whenever I look for one I just find the actual material, which is boring, lengthy and annoying to read

How short should I keep it? Gonna try for as short as I can possibly get it, but you let me know.

Law of One is named LoO because of its monist foundation - everything is One, all things are part of the Infinite Creator - it is a panentheistic model. The graduations of the spirit along the path to reunion with the Infinite Creator (as in Buddhism) are divided into 1st Density, 2nd Density, 3rd Density and on through the 7th Density and touching an 8th. At 7th density it would be an experience of reunification with the Infinite Creator and the 8th density is a turn from this set of densities (an octave) into a new set of densities (a new octave) - the 8th density represents the complete unification of all life with the Infinite Creator and then the reset into the next octave, a new universe is born. Each octave represents a particular lesson - the octave we experience now is referred to as the 2nd Octave. The lesson of the 2nd Octave is "self/not-self" and the lesson of the 1st Octave which we've all left behind was "mover/unmoved". The lesson of the 3rd Octave is incomprehensible to us at this time, even if we could know it which we can't because no one will tell us (not because it is the case that spiritual beings cannot move from the 3rd Octave back into the 2nd Octave but because those beings would (as governed by Universal Law and in keeping with it as a spiritually advanced being) would never tell us). Don't worry much about Octaves since you're stuck in the 2nd Octave and there's plenty left to learn about it - you're in the 3rd density of the 2nd octave and have therefore 4 densities yet to go before the 3rd Octave is available, and the path is very, very, very long.

Graduating from one density to the next can be accomplished in one of two ways, both predicated on the 2nd Octave lesson of "self/not-self". Therefore, to advance from one density to another you need a large expression on one side of the dichotomy to continue. You can advance by adherence to "love of self", which is the "negative" path, or you can advance by adherence to "love of not-self", which is the "positive" path. (Note: there must be some conscious manipulation of an other-self to "polarize" in a negative direction, doing it without intention does not count; moreover, graduating from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd isn't in this way as those densities are concerned with becoming conscious of their own self; there isn't a lot in the way of intention in those densities they move forward as naturally pulled). Once you have polarized sufficiently in one direction you move on the next density. In the 3rd density you need to be 51% positive to graduate to the 4th and I believe a much higher percentage negative (90%? Though not finding it now) to graduate to the 4th in that way. You would go to a 4th density positive or negative experience, rather than one 4th experience which is common to both. You can follow the negative path all the way through to I think the 5th density but eventually it becomes impossible to do as it becomes increasingly impossible to reconcile the concept of not-self with the experiences of the higher densities.

This is all explained in terms of energy centers of the exact Yoga type; body, spirit, mind, and their complexes, as well as higher order complexes emerging there from; and Tarot archetypes. LoO maintains that the universe is a Logos, the galaxy is a sub-Logos, the solar system is a sub-sub-Logos, and your own self is a sub-sub-sub-Logos (often Ra talks about the galactic Logos and uses it as the first rather than the universal Logos as the first such that you can remove one sub per step down but this is not very important)(any being or manifestation down to the very bottom is a Logos). I mention Logos here because the Tarot archetypes are particular to our Logos and our Logos is particular to our own ideal lessons. Thus, we have 22 archetypes (as in the Tarot) in this Logos wherein a different Logos they would not necessarily have 22 - those other archetypes of a different Logos would be difficult for us to comprehend let alone utilize for growth.

I think this is as short as I can get it while keeping it relatively complete.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hey this is super cool, thanks for having the presence of mind (and luck of opportunity) to record this. Looks like the triangle pattern that's so commonly reported among UFO sightings.

I trimmed it out but the later part of this video and your second video remind me of what I saw the other night. I'm still sure it's probably just a small craft from the EAA show, but I've seen plenty of planes in the sky and these lights immediately registered to me as unusual.

Yeah, they definitely didn't clock as airplanes to me. It was a steady orange flickering light, maybe like you'd see on a fuselage of a rocket or jet, but there was no noise. I feel like at least twenty passed overhead while I was watching. And the lights were all below the cloud layer, so I doubt it was Starlink.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

poisonpill posted:

What are the good high strangeness books? Not like Joe Rogan "whoa, what if we're in a video game"... Like, "what if our perceived universe is made of information from a higher dimension", and "how does consciousness affect reality" type stuff.

The Extra-Dimensional Universe: Where the Paranormal Becomes the Normal
by John R. Violette

Prometheus Rising
by Robert Anton Wilson

VALIS
by Philip K. Dick

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Tekne posted:

the phenomena beyond ancient but that it was a major factor in compelling human storytelling and record keeping

when the night sky is your TV its easier to notice guest stars

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Trickster and the Paranormal
The Origin of the Worlds Mythologies
Time and the Other
Star.Ships

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Tekne posted:

my encounter was closest to the top middle right and top far right

i couldn't tell the overall shape since it was both huge and long with the top obscured by creepy bright clouds

to this day i still hope it will appear again so I can take bad pictures or even a crappy video

:hfive: we've had a glimpse of the THE MYSTERIOUS

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Saucer Hovers posted:

The Trickster and the Paranormal
The Origin of the Worlds Mythologies
Time and the Other
Star.Ships

Star.Ships is really good! Gordon White brings a lot of pragmatism to the study of human origin (biological and cultural). Can recommend his podcast runesoup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?RuneSoup?videos. Btw for all on the fence about astrology, he's been doing a very good series of astro forecast episodes with Austin Coppock - they have a good approach and have had a very good accuracy (here is a link to the h2 2022 episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX9-gHayCEs)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i had to go off gordon

i met him after many years of engagement and didnt like his vibe irl one little bit...and then several months later covid happened and he decided covid wasnt real so i quit him entirely. it wasnt cringy chud denialism, it was purestrain anti-authoritarian narrow view scientism. still.

austin and his wife were at the same event and those two are 100% capitalist grifters with very little depth.

its still a really good book.

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 18:00 on Jul 29, 2022

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

skewetoo posted:

:hfive: we've had a glimpse of the THE MYSTERIOUS
THE UNIVERSE VISITED US

i hope all the goons reading this thread get to see their own bird

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Tekne posted:

THE UNIVERSE VISITED US

i hope all the goons reading this thread get to see their own bird

Thanks! I've had two 'maybes' but I'd definitely like something a little less ambiguous. Like yours, I guess!

Not too unambiguous, though. Nothing scary.

Edit maybe little a scary - I recognise that awe is nothing without a soupçon of fear

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SavageGentleman posted:

Star.Ships is really good! Gordon White brings a lot of pragmatism to the study of human origin (biological and cultural). Can recommend his podcast runesoup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?RuneSoup?videos. Btw for all on the fence about astrology, he's been doing a very good series of astro forecast episodes with Austin Coppock - they have a good approach and have had a very good accuracy (here is a link to the h2 2022 episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX9-gHayCEs)

Coppock and a few others are great resources for that stuff. It is difficult for me still, but insofar as divination can have anything close to academic rigour, him and a few others seem to have it? Not to say it maps onto real phenomena because I refuse to justify to people disiinclined, but I saw him at norwac and a few others back in May, and a bunch of that crowd seems to spend a lot of time trying to reconstruct the hellenic tradition from the sources we have, and it's a fascinating system, even as I struggle to want to take it seriously.

"i'm not an astrologer, i'm not an astrologer!" i shriek as i start referring to transits in casual conversation

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

youre the yang to my yin riot bimbo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Saucer Hovers posted:

youre the yang to my yin riot bimbo

what does that mean!!!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

also i did one of the blue room

if anyone wants thread-themed images of this sort you can ask. i know the heyday is passed but i like creating approximations of some of this stuff~

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

This is a fun one, and tracks with some of the sort of quasi anomalous cognition events I've had in the goombaverse.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tinyklaus/status/1552848575561973760

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Thanks for the Law of one summary!
By the way, I find it fascinating that the Ra message very matter-of-factly states that (from a higher perspective), both the way of the Saint as well as the way of Ultra-Hitler are viable paths to move up spiritually - both are mobilizing the soul above the daily grind as time, effort, and will are dedicted to a goal that is different from the 2d & 3d goals of basic self- and family preservation, pleasure or capital accumulation.

But as mentioned in the summary, the way of the Ultra-Hitler seems to be harder than expected: Just being lazily self-serving is not enouth, you gotta make the "I am God" concept the core of every action, i.e. almost anything you do should be consciously self-serving. Not surprising that only very few souls were disciplined enough to ascend in this way during this cycle.

But don't be afraid! If you want to go the evil way and are also stuck in the daily grind of Earth reincarnation, you have a chance to reincarnate on some kind of hosed-up hell planet even worse than Earth where everything and everyone is just as dedicated to manipulation and service-to-self as you are (I imagine some kind of Warhammer 40k demon world). Seen from that perspective, this is NOT a punishment, but a chance to improve the ego, sharpen and harden it like a prison shiv and finally rise up through the most Darwinian evil-vs-evil environment possible!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

100% gently caress that

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Riot Bimbo posted:

also i did one of the blue room

if anyone wants thread-themed images of this sort you can ask. i know the heyday is passed but i like creating approximations of some of this stuff~

Could you do "A lifetime of silence behind the green door"? Feel free to add more descriptive info for the algorithm and any stylistic orders you'd like!

Re "gently caress that": I find this concept of evil fascinating because it allows you to see so much evil in this world as essentially purposeless (like reverse-buddhism?). So many evil acts are done casually, sometimes in ignorance, sometimes in the service of simple obsessions or comfort. But without true soul-dedication behind them, and thus in some kind of hosed-up way even more wasted than they would be otherwise.

SavageGentleman has issued a correction as of 20:33 on Jul 29, 2022

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SavageGentleman posted:

Could you do "A lifetime of silence behind the green door"? Feel free to add more descriptive info for the algorithm and any stylistic orders you'd like!

I tried a couple modifiers and really didn't like any of them, these are the best two, but give me some modifications that might capture your intent a bit better, i'll run it again when i get home from work

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

How about

"Alien command room and crew of unidentified underwater phenomenon"

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Barry Foster posted:

Thanks! I've had two 'maybes' but I'd definitely like something a little less ambiguous. Like yours, I guess!

Not too unambiguous, though. Nothing scary.

Edit maybe little a scary - I recognise that awe is nothing without a soupçon of fear
when i had my sighting, it was brief (since the cylinder was low and directly above the car) but i just felt awe and disbelief at what was above us

i didn't feel fear until the my friend "should we stop?" and i immediately responded "HELL NO"

years afterward i just feel stupid as you couldn't ask for a better opportunity to document a craft

my guess is for the few who witness such spectacle up close that their first instinct isn't to take pictures or that's just my rationalization for my own cowardice lol

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

Riot Bimbo posted:

I tried a couple modifiers and really didn't like any of them, these are the best two, but give me some modifications that might capture your intent a bit better, i'll run it again when i get home from work

Thanks for these creations! So one more modified try:

"Behind the green door lies a place of secrets. Faceless soldiers, veterans of numerous astral battles, rest here. In the shadows, grey aliens tend to the soldiers. They probe, they experiment, they never rest. In the background is a portal, open forever to the WARP. To the side stands Radar the grey ET with a beer drinking helmet on his head: he gives a thumbs-up.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SavageGentleman posted:

To the side stands Radar the grey ET with a beer drinking helmet on his head

saving private radar

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

What I'll add to people's excellent summary of this is that the material itself has a very convincing feel.

It isn't written the way an author would write it, rather it gives a powerful impression of a being attempting to summarize nigh-incomprehensible concepts and inform without influencing. Literally everything is presented as 'you can totally do this thing...but, like, only if you feel like it man, you know?' there is zero attempt to push anything in any direction, it's like reading a map glossary of ww1 or something, just totally neutral. Even Hitler comes up and is described as a consciousness fragment operating under a large amount of internal distortion.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jazerus posted:

saving private radar

the thin red lue

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ap'nuttcalypse n'ow

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

in this post I will rank the p'nti of sandia mountain based on how much I want to date them:

edit: Citizen K'ne

Once Upon a Time in Galactic Quadrant Gaphronax 7

Saucer Driver

Nosferatlue

Rudeboy Detective has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Jul 29, 2022

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

All Quiet on the Astral Front

Dr. <unpronounceable gurgling> Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Probe

The Hurt Saucer

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

becoming a juvenile court judge in america to speedrun my ascension to demon lord

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

The Hurt Saucer

they made a sad song about that

it's by j'ohnny crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

gone with the wendigo (radar)