Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Roll your loreweave to 80% resists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Fruits of the sea posted:

Starting to push into red maps and I'm occasionally getting annihilated by the Betrayal gangs. Any advice on what gear I should upgrade next? I'm loosely following the Jugg of all trades reave/blade flurry build from Engineering Eternity: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Snargel/characters

I think I should probably get a new amulet, but it's hard to let go of that talisman's crazy crit chance/multiplier bonus. It adds 22k dps all on its own. I do have a Starkonja's head and Rat's Nest in my stash, either of which would give a decent damage boost, but then my resistances go all to hell.
One option is to do yellow maps until you get a Research mission and then just don't run it. Every subsequent map will spawn another research mission and you can just ignore it over and over and never have to worry about the gank squad on a rippy map.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Here is an incredibly tanky build you can easily switch to and never die https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ctGgZuoj8pOaoZk-YYXNzUn1yVxv0Zs6YphqC7IKX0/mobilebasic

You need about half an x for the rings.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Zephro posted:

One option is to do yellow maps until you get a Research mission and then just don't run it. Every subsequent map will spawn another research mission and you can just ignore it over and over and never have to worry about the gank squad on a rippy map.

The common thread in my deaths to the gank squad are Elreon and fortification, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something stupid and standing in fire, but it's hard to tell with all the poo poo flying around the screen. I'm otherwise pretty happy with the safehouse rewards, I definitely want to wait until I can upgrade a breachstone or two and get my other Ahn's Might to 30%.

euphronius posted:

Here is an incredibly tanky build you can easily switch to and never die https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ctGgZuoj8pOaoZk-YYXNzUn1yVxv0Zs6YphqC7IKX0/mobilebasic

You need about half an x for the rings.

Huh, yeah I think I have the currency to do this in an instant. Thanks, I'll see if I can get a good reroll on Loreweave and switch to this if I'm still squishy.

Edit: My main takeaway from this league is that multistrike skills combined with leap slam as mobility is a pain in the rear end when dodging serious damage. Being tanky is fine, but the extra delay in dodging sucks when fighting Atziri or dodging AoE effects.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 13, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can do molten strike without multistrike. You have to invest a bit in attack speed gems tho probably.

You can’t even use multistrike with consecrated path.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Multistrike is always the wrong call, except maybe for flicker.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

George posted:

Multistrike is always the wrong call, except maybe for flicker.

I'm really looking forward to playing a flicker build but I think I'm going to save it for next league as build 2

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Addamere posted:

buddy got me into this game

- any way to see less syndicate stuff in general?

If you skip the Syndicate encounter in a map, the same one will show up on the next map. So the next time you get a research lab where it requires that you enter the lab door to complete it, just don't do it. Now you will only get research labs (until you complete it) and you'll never see another Syndicate guy.

Edit: efb.. should have read to the end of the thread before replying.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pork never goes bad posted:

Are you doing your Niko daily? Otherwise, just run lots of maps (he spawns regularly) or buy/farm scarabs to get him to spawn (expensive, probably not "worth" it).

I don't know. Maybe? I've only been playing for a few days. I've had a quest for a couple days that pops up whenever I enter the mining encampment, to use dynamite to destroy a fractured wall. But I cannot ever find one. :shrug:

And I'm out of sulphite right now so ... ?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Addamere posted:

I don't know. Maybe? I've only been playing for a few days. I've had a quest for a couple days that pops up whenever I enter the mining encampment, to use dynamite to destroy a fractured wall. But I cannot ever find one. :shrug:

And I'm out of sulphite right now so ... ?

No the "Niko Daily" is one of the Atlas Objectives being mentioned. If you open up your Atlas (hit G) and you see what looks like a dark circle that looks like a kind of nubby gear to me around one of the maps on your atlas (it will only be on one you've completed already and it should be on a tier of map around the ones you've been doing most recently when it spawns). If you do one of those maps, Niko is guaranteed to be in there. If you're lucky he'll give you 3 Sulphite veins to collect from. If you're me it will be just one vein 80% of the time.

Zana, Einhar, and Alva also have similar objectives as well but with different icons. Einhar has a red beast skull. Zana has what looks like the map device. Alva has an Aztec-y (ahem, Vaal) sun flare.

Definitely check Zana every day for new maps, she replenishes her inventory at the same time every day (I think midnight UTC) and at that same time all four masters will give you a new atlas objective, guaranteed. You can get more atlas objectives than just once a day, but they are guaranteed at least once a day. You get more by doing more maps, basically. It seems to take like 10-20 maps to spawn new objectives though, so unless you're clearing them pretty fast and doing quite a lot, you may only see the daily pops.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

it will only be on one you've completed already

No, they spawn on uncompleted maps all the time.

quote:

Definitely check Zana every day for new maps, she replenishes her inventory at the same time every day (I think midnight UTC)

It's when you do her daily.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Can't wait for the new league to start, what is it abSURPRISE TEST OF STRENGTH EXILE, HOPE YOU'RE PREPARED

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

No, they spawn on uncompleted maps all the time.
Yeah you're right, I think the only maps they won't spawn on are uniques (and Shaper's Realm). I've just had everything done forever so I forgot.

quote:

Ohhh, I guess I just always do the dailies right after they pop so I never noticed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fruits of the sea posted:

The common thread in my deaths to the gank squad are Elreon and fortification, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something stupid and standing in fire, but it's hard to tell with all the poo poo flying around the screen. I'm otherwise pretty happy with the safehouse rewards, I definitely want to wait until I can upgrade a breachstone or two and get my other Ahn's Might to 30%.
Elreon drops bombs that look vaguely like corrupted holy relics which explode for significant damage after a few seconds - they persist after his death and, especially in small fort, he drops them in a pattern that can result in you getting hit by multiple at once.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Arrhythmia posted:

I don't think it is. I get home about 8pm ET and they're different than when I logged out the night before. I'm almost certain they just update when the missions reset.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Elreon drops bombs that look vaguely like corrupted holy relics which explode for significant damage after a few seconds - they persist after his death and, especially in small fort, he drops them in a pattern that can result in you getting hit by multiple at once.

Worse, Elreon's relics actually home in on you and then explode like Volatiles.

Jorgin also drops relics everywhere that explode when you get near them rather than seeking you out, but Jorgin in particular is incredibly obnoxious about it. When they fixed the issue with Jorgin sometimes going invincible, they created the issue where he still has a lifebar when he's "dead" and he will still spawn relics until you talk to him and either imprison him or whatever the other option available is. Which means even if you clear out the area and then are trying to decide what to do with the Syndicate members sometimes Jorgin will just spawn poo poo on top of you and kill you while your Syndicate window is open.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I don't think it is. I get home about 8pm ET and they're different than when I logged out the night before. I'm almost certain they just update when the missions reset.

You definitely need to do an atlas objective with Zana. It may be that if you do it at an appropriate time and then wait she'll reset, even if you didn't do the daily objective.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I had a period of several days early league where I couldn't do Zana because she'd spawn in a map I didn't have yet and her inventory never reset (which I wanted it to because I needed those maps!). You don't have to actually do her quest though - all you need to do is open the map her marker is on.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I gave up on the league because I spent so long moving I was kicked out of the clan, but I'm gonna buy one of the supporter packs and be ready for next league. I've already picked out a build, even. :yayclod:

Have any details for that dropped yet? I started playing Warframe again while I wait so I'm out of the loop.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Details on next league should be this week.

vvv Oh yeah, forgot about that tweet

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 14, 2019

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1094351976035274753

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

I gave up on the league because I spent so long moving I was kicked out of the clan, but I'm gonna buy one of the supporter packs and be ready for next league. I've already picked out a build, even. :yayclod:

Have any details for that dropped yet? I started playing Warframe again while I wait so I'm out of the loop.

Don't get set on such build till patch notes come out which is a few days prior to release.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Tai posted:

Don't get set on such build till patch notes come out which is a few days prior to release.

I don't anticipate anything I want to do is going to get changed but I'm also curious if they're going to add any relevant abilities. I haven't made a Path of Building lay out or anything yet I just know the broad skill combination.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Being in the clan does jack poo poo, so don’t worry about it. Join /global 5555 since everyone just chats and helps each other out there now

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Clockwerk posted:

Being in the clan does jack poo poo, so don’t worry about it. Join /global 5555 since everyone just chats and helps each other out there now

What if he wants to keep track of gstash raids, huh?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I'm just in the clan for the GOATSE tag, hth

nerox
May 20, 2001
I'm just in the clan to make dozens of alts and alchs each league by looting the stash. for the GOATSE tag, hth.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m just in the clan to make it more like an mmo.

And see other people’s punny names.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm done with the league so I decided to do the mastermind that had been sitting there for ages.

I know it's not exactly news, but there's more stupid bullshit in that fight than in every other fight in the game put together. I ended up failing after dying very quickly three times in a row to I don't even know what.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm done with the league so I decided to do the mastermind that had been sitting there for ages.

I know it's not exactly news, but there's more stupid bullshit in that fight than in every other fight in the game put together. I ended up failing after dying very quickly three times in a row to I don't even know what.

That's surprising. I went in with almost no prior advice and only died once. The skull is dangerous, and the skeletons are dangerous if you let them spawn, but everything else is fine.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Qwertycoatl posted:

I used all my portals on the boss and so couldn't go back to get my poo poo to use on the crafting tables lol.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

McFrugal posted:

That's surprising. I went in with almost no prior advice and only died once. The skull is dangerous, and the skeletons are dangerous if you let them spawn, but everything else is fine.

If you're ci and have no source of leech and/or its ilvl 83 and/or it bugs out and the effects dont display, i dont blame them lol

Uber atziri, shaper, uber elder all done on my vortexer

Mastermind? gently caress that lol 6 deaths ya im not doing that again

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It was ilvl 83. Also afterwards I watched a ZiggyD video of it and he died repeatedly to an invisible degen, so I might have hit that (or maybe I just didn't notice something)

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

It’s a really terrible fight and complete letdown as the capstone for their league mechanic. I blame whoever was in charge of bestiary 1.0 for that abomination of an encounter

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

If you're ci and have no source of leech and/or its ilvl 83 and/or it bugs out and the effects dont display, i dont blame them lol

Uber atziri, shaper, uber elder all done on my vortexer

Mastermind? gently caress that lol 6 deaths ya im not doing that again

Yeah my totemer did it handily early in the league, but when I did it again with my tricked-out ES beast I used up all my portals and barely clutched it out.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Qwertycoatl posted:

It was ilvl 83. Also afterwards I watched a ZiggyD video of it and he died repeatedly to an invisible degen, so I might have hit that (or maybe I just didn't notice something)

OK I'm glad it's not just me. I died 6x halfway through the fight and I honestly don't know what I was dying to or what I should have been doing to avoid it, all the deaths came in the only places I could stand and actually do damage, and if I didn't do damage the fight didn't progress.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
same

the only character that did the fight (twice even) was my starter, but that was a Berserker with Bloodseeker so that doesn't count imo

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/aqrbrg/psa_reflect_is_currently_broken/

reflect apparently does nothing atm so go hog wild

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Goa Tse-tung posted:

same

the only character that did the fight (twice even) was my starter, but that was a Berserker with Bloodseeker so that doesn't count imo

Yeah mine was Sunder. Almost there with my storm brand, hopefully not needing to be all that close or stationary will help.

Yeah that's been like that a few weeks, at least since whenever I posted about it and was told I had some reflext immunity or something I wasn't aware of lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maybe they're getting rid of reflect entirely in 3.6 and "accidentally" implemented it early.