Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

Remember how I kept going on about crazy coincidences? I think this would require a much crazier one.

Yeah. Again I don't have any really good reason to defend Amoeba either except general suspicion about merk. There aren't too many plays I would put past him. I have a bit of trouble believing merk actually blindly guessed Amoeba's night action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I bet it does. I might be the only person in the game with a town read on Taste. Hell, even looking at meta you could sat Taste is scummy. I have weird and uncompelling to most reasonings for thinking people are townie or scummy. It's not even that they're bad reasons but rather that there are certain things that give me feelings. I can't say my track record this game has been great, though.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

I bet it does. I might be the only person in the game with a town read on Taste. Hell, even looking at meta you could sat Taste is scummy. I have weird and uncompelling to most reasonings for thinking people are townie or scummy. It's not even that they're bad reasons but rather that there are certain things that give me feelings. I can't say my track record this game has been great, though.

I kind of think he's town too, something about the way he was posting yesterday really made me want to vote someone else.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The guy I wish we had lynched yesterday is Opop.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah. Again I don't have any really good reason to defend Amoeba either except general suspicion about merk. There aren't too many plays I would put past him. I have a bit of trouble believing merk actually blindly guessed Amoeba's night action.

You think he tracked Amoeba? The thought crossed my mind. I think we should look at it objectively. Merk made a weird claim and pressured Amoeba hard. Amoeba comes up with an explanation and trap sprung. Do Amoebas explanations make sense? Not much. He doesn't know what the skull does and said nothing about it yesterday. In fact, he voted for Meinberg over Taste. He picked EP of all people, too? Not me? Not you? Not Opop?? It's not like there aren't a wide berth of better ways to play it even if you are convinced it's a cop item. The possibility exists that merk is framing Amoeba hard. But is it likely? No. Go with your best chance of success is how I feel about it and worry about merk if Amoeba flips town.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hello friends I am high

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
but not Canadian this sucks :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Count your blessings then

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

You think he tracked Amoeba? The thought crossed my mind. I think we should look at it objectively. Merk made a weird claim and pressured Amoeba hard. Amoeba comes up with an explanation and trap sprung. Do Amoebas explanations make sense? Not much. He doesn't know what the skull does and said nothing about it yesterday. In fact, he voted for Meinberg over Taste. He picked EP of all people, too? Not me? Not you? Not Opop?? It's not like there aren't a wide berth of better ways to play it even if you are convinced it's a cop item. The possibility exists that merk is framing Amoeba hard. But is it likely? No. Go with your best chance of success is how I feel about it and worry about merk if Amoeba flips town.

Yeah I kinda think he tracked Amoeba. That's my intuition. But fv isn't exactly claiming to have done something last night either. So yeah it's probably just paranoia coming from me. Again if it's a coincidence that Amoeba targeted EP and merk happened to guess it, then it's a big one.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I mean if you think about it, it's one in eleven that merk guesses the nightkiller. But if two people targeted EP then it's two in eleven. If merk knows that Amoeba targeted EP then it's 1 in 1, much simpler to believe.

I think what I dislike about this lynch is that merk is distanced from it. I guess this is only a problem if Amoeba flips town,. but I dislike the idea that merk threw the dice on a 1-in-11 shot to try and push a lynch. It doesn't sound right, I don't know. I think merk has mostly been town this game; I even protected him at one point. But if Amoeba flips town consider me incredibly suspicious of merk.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
man you guys play weird mafia

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Something to think about: there is a thing merk said a long time ago that bothers me still. He said Byers was killed because he was confirmed town. Except, here's the thing, there are 4 inventors probably. He had no reason to think there were more as either alignment, true enough, but why jump to that conclusion? Would you have in the same situation? I didn't think Byers was confirmed at the time so why the certainty?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

I mean if you think about it, it's one in eleven that merk guesses the nightkiller. But if two people targeted EP then it's two in eleven. If merk knows that Amoeba targeted EP then it's 1 in 1, much simpler to believe.

I think what I dislike about this lynch is that merk is distanced from it. I guess this is only a problem if Amoeba flips town,. but I dislike the idea that merk threw the dice on a 1-in-11 shot to try and push a lynch. It doesn't sound right, I don't know. I think merk has mostly been town this game; I even protected him at one point. But if Amoeba flips town consider me incredibly suspicious of merk.

What if I told you merk could have a watching item as scum? Two scum lynched back to back, merk suggests a withhold as he watches himself, hoping for two visitors. He gets them. Last night, he watches the same person his scumbro kills.

There are a number of ways merk could be scum. But do you think he bussed Chic like that? That's the crux of if you believe merk or not. I think he could do it, but I don't think he would keep pushing lynches if he did do it as scum. He'd dilly dally.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rascyc posted:

man you guys play weird mafia

How's that?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think you're paranoid because he wants to lynch you.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

True and Real posted:

Do Amoebas explanations make sense? Not much. He doesn't know what the skull does and said nothing about it yesterday. In fact, he voted for Meinberg over Taste. He picked EP of all people, too? Not me? Not you? Not Opop?? It's not like there aren't a wide berth of better ways to play it even if you are convinced it's a cop item.

Believe me or not, I have a talking skull with sapphire eyes. I picked a target in a clutch moment following a revelation on my reads being bad. i voted Meinberg only when everyone else had bailed on the vote and TT was off the table.

If you're going to vote me, just don't do it while I'm asleep. I'd rather not die in my sleep.
##vote Tremendous Taste

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amoeba, why don't you get out all the reads out you can at this time. The Americans wont be up for another 4 hours minimum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Wow.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 5 Votecount :c:

Amoeba (4): merk, Diqnol, Keane, Rasc

Tremendous Taste (2): wins, Rasc, -Rasc, Amoeba, -Amoeba, Amoeba

yuming (1): Ninth

:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Thursday, February 12th, ~11PM EDT. Or in about 12 hours from this post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think what I dislike about this lynch is that merk is distanced from it.

You said earlier that I'm the only person with a case on Amoeba. If that's true, how am I distanced from this lynch? I'm leading this lynch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

Taste, I'm hella confused. You've had the statue from the start of the game, right? And you still have it?

Did Taste answer this question?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

No it got jacked

Duh, never mind.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
wins, almost all of your stuff today is based on item talk. Who do you think is scum and why?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

##vote TT

Same case as yesterday. We should have hung him instead of Meinberg.

I meant to say: Do you have anything else to say besides this case? This is basically your only read right now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

What if I told you merk could have a watching item as scum? Two scum lynched back to back, merk suggests a withhold as he watches himself, hoping for two visitors. He gets them. Last night, he watches the same person his scumbro kills.

There are a number of ways merk could be scum. But do you think he bussed Chic like that? That's the crux of if you believe merk or not. I think he could do it, but I don't think he would keep pushing lynches if he did do it as scum. He'd dilly dally.

Can someone print this post out, frame it, and mail it to me? I will literally hang it in my office.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What if merk, now bear with me, what if merk:
1) Has a Watch item;
2) Bussed his scum buddy for no reason;
3) Successfully guessed the tracking results for yuming and f_v on different nights on a fake track item gambit;
4) Told the scum to withhold an nk (with an SK in the game?) so he could watch himself on that night to further the fake track item gambit; and
5) Watched the same target as the scum kill the next night to further the fake track item gambit?

Holy. poo poo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Irrational Merk Fear should be a band name.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'm down to the process of elimination mostly. I have pretty strong town reads on a lot of people especially after the item talk though at this point I'd bet the SK is lurking in that list.

I feel vaguely uncomfortable about you(merk) and TNL. Opop and Keane have been so low profile that I'm a bit suspicious of them too. Keane hasn't really pushed on anyone that I can remember.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane is playing like an SK. Opo is playing like an SK. :(

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is not how I play SK. It's just hard to keep up in a game that gets nearly 100 posts an hour in primetime.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo: Fun fact, outside of your TNL vote, you've only voted for town this game.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Fixed this for you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

You said earlier that I'm the only person with a case on Amoeba. If that's true, how am I distanced from this lynch? I'm leading this lynch.

You're distanced in this lynch in that if Amoeba flips town, you can go "oh well I didn't really have anything on him after all." Same thing with me yesterday really.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

What if merk, now bear with me, what if merk:
1) Has a Watch item;
2) Bussed his scum buddy for no reason;
3) Successfully guessed the tracking results for yuming and f_v on different nights on a fake track item gambit;
4) Told the scum to withhold an nk (with an SK in the game?) so he could watch himself on that night to further the fake track item gambit; and
5) Watched the same target as the scum kill the next night to further the fake track item gambit?

Holy. poo poo.

Consider it a sign of respect that I would put nothing past you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Fixed this for you.

Thanks for calling me town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

You're distanced in this lynch in that if Amoeba flips town, you can go "oh well I didn't really have anything on him after all." Same thing with me yesterday really.

But I have a case on Amoeba. You said I am the only person who has a case on Amoeba. The Amoeba case, outside of the EP result, is a really good case. I'm not following your argument here.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think you probably are!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Irrational Merk Fear should be a band name.

That was me spinning out a scenario where you're scum. The point of the thought exercise is to demonstrate you aren't yet cleared.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Well it's a good thing being wrong and being scum are two entirely different things then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Like, it would be one thing if I were saying you were scum. I'm calling Ninth paranoid in the same breath in which I say that. That was literally me going "hmm, let's think of another way merk could be scum to demonstrate that it's pointless to think out scenarios if they're unlikely"

• Locked thread