Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

JackNapier posted:

Ironically enough, there is a character in the Leaf villages R&D team who's whole purpose in life is to read these books, if I remember correctly Jiraiya's books are actually a series of extremely intricate codes, that are literally written to send intelligence back home Somebody back me up or correct me if I'm horribly loving wrong

That never actually happened, but he did use his books to send Naruto a coded message once.

He also did try to not write hentai, but it sold terribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

AnoHito posted:

That never actually happened, but he did use his books to send Naruto a coded message once.

He also did try to not write hentai, but it sold terribly.

gently caress, like I said, its been a long rear end time since I've actually watched or read anything on this series, I stopped shortly after he died, Wasn't Naruto actually named after the character in that book?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

JackNapier posted:

gently caress, like I said, its been a long rear end time since I've actually watched or read anything on this series, I stopped shortly after he died, Wasn't Naruto actually named after the character in that book?

The Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Ninja was Jiraiya's first book, and it bombed. It was about a ninja named Naruto fighting for peace. Naruto was named after that guy, and Jiraiya is Naruto's godfather. After that he wrote hentai like Makeout Paradise, Makeout Violence, and Makeout Tactics.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 22, 2014

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Yes, Naruto is named after the main character in Jiraiya's first novel. Jiraiya got the name 'Naruto' randomly while he was eating ramen, which of course makes Naruto part-ramen. I think.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yep, Jiraiya just happened to be eating ramen when he wrote it. And that is the cannon reason for Naruto's name.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

dancingbears posted:

Nagato "Pein" Uzumaki

Pein has the rinnegan (lit. "reincarnation eye") bloodline, which gives him yet another variety of overpowered eyeball. The rinnegan doesn't even have the decency to pretend most of its power is eye-related, either, and mostly gives lots of unrelated ultrapowers. A rinnegan's powers includes but is not limited to the ability to control multiple dead bodies, seeing and living through their eyes, and each of Pein's six corpses gets their own over the top power. Peinzombies get individual access to gravity magic, summoning magic (the ninja animals summoned are also zombies), magic eating magic, white magic, mind reading magic, and heavy armor and modern weapons like guns and missiles. The rinnegan also lets you see magic, let you cast any spell, gives magic disruption attacks that can cause Silence, and to top it all off you can cast true resurrection spells. And (oh my god) Pein is an Uzumaki and has their boosted HP/MP and magic chains. gently caress this guy.

I feel it's prudent to note that no, Naruto does not also have these bullshit eyes despite being Pein's younger brother. They're half-brothers, and Pein got it from his dad while Naruto got fuckall except a fox that caused his childhood to be a living hell from Narudad.

Narudad was basically as big a fuckup as his son.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So where the gently caress do the samurai factor into all this ninja bullshit? Because all of a sudden in the last batch of videos it's like "SAMURAI LEADER MIFUNE" and all I can think is "I thought this hentai was about ninjas?" Do they have their own villages and bullshit eye-powers? My god, is there a whole side-story about a poor neglected boy with a demon in him who wants to become Samurai President?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Samurai exist and have have their own magic. Samurai are samurai, honorable swordmasters and virtuous warriors. They tend to be less than effective against tricky ninja assassins, but some are strong enough to give ninja armykillers pause. Samurai are the military power in Iron Country.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 22, 2014

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Samurai are the Ninja Swiss. Neutral, but tough. Also not ninjas, but have laser swords.

Also I think Pein got his Ultra Bullshit Eyes because I think Madara shoved one of his spare eyeballs into him when he wasn't looking and Uchiha Bullshit Eyes + Uzumaki(or First President) bloodline boosted MP/HP is like Peanutbutter + Chocolate and they synergize together into something stupid.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Archenteron posted:

Samurai are the Ninja Swiss. Neutral, but tough. Also not ninjas, but have laser swords.

Also I think Pein got his Ultra Bullshit Eyes because I think Madara shoved one of his spare eyeballs into him when he wasn't looking and Uchiha Bullshit Eyes + Uzumaki(or First President) bloodline boosted MP/HP is like Peanutbutter + Chocolate and they synergize together into something stupid.
One of his spare eyeballs? How many spare eyeballs does he have?

...I'm not sure if I want to know if there's a ninja who gets a ton of the special eyeballs surgically added to themselves. Judging by the horrific experiments that have been mentioned, it could have been forced on this theoretical ninja. And since it was mentioned that not being born with the eye and having it causes it to use stupid amounts of chakra/mp/hp that's spent to cast ninja spells, then I guess there's only a few that would be able to do it. Naruto has some stupid high amount of it, doesn't he? I think I recall it having to do with the nine tails thing?

I do have a lore question pertaining to what was in one of the streams. When I was half paying attention to cutscene.

Narudad apparently sealed half of Nine-tails into himself, and said that this half would be 'gone forever'. Is that just because of the seal he just used? Just locked it up in his soon to be corpse? Or is it something to do with the fact that he took half the chakra, then sealed it in Naruto? Would Naruto dying just... end Nine-tails existence? I mean, there seems to be a 'die and release', but the fact that Narudad split the chakra in half might change that or something. Since the other half is apparently 'lost forever', and all.

Given that there's a guy that can revive corpses, Naruto is going to have to fight Narudad, isn't he? And it's going to be a stupid mirror fight where Narudad has Nine-tails powers as well. And it's going to be in this game, since why put that giant cutscene in this game if it wasn't?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kgummy posted:

...I'm not sure if I want to know if there's a ninja who gets a ton of the special eyeballs surgically added to themselves. Judging by the horrific experiments that have been mentioned, it could have been forced on this theoretical ninja. And since it was mentioned that not being born with the eye and having it causes it to use stupid amounts of chakra/mp/hp that's spent to cast ninja spells, then I guess there's only a few that would be able to do it. Naruto has some stupid high amount of it, doesn't he? I think I recall it having to do with the nine tails thing?

NOTE: legitimate game spoiler
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Danz%C5%8D_Shimura#Body_Modifications
I'm kind of surprised you managed to guess...

Naruto also just happened to have a shitton of MP anyway. The nine tails just added to it to make it stupid high.

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 22, 2014

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Kgummy posted:

I do have a lore question pertaining to what was in one of the streams. When I was half paying attention to cutscene.

Narudad apparently sealed half of Nine-tails into himself, and said that this half would be 'gone forever'. Is that just because of the seal he just used? Just locked it up in his soon to be corpse? Or is it something to do with the fact that he took half the chakra, then sealed it in Naruto? Would Naruto dying just... end Nine-tails existence? I mean, there seems to be a 'die and release', but the fact that Narudad split the chakra in half might change that or something. Since the other half is apparently 'lost forever', and all.

Given that there's a guy that can revive corpses, Naruto is going to have to fight Narudad, isn't he? And it's going to be a stupid mirror fight where Narudad has Nine-tails powers as well. And it's going to be in this game, since why put that giant cutscene in this game if it wasn't?

When Narudad sealed the Nine Tails, he did two important minor things. First, he changed the seal so that if Naruto dies, the Fox dies, but it can still be released or re-sealed into a new host if needed. Second, he takes half the demon's magic, because it's somehow deadly poison, and traps it and himself in the stomach of the Death God to be digested for all eternity.

Narudad does come back as a demon vessel later and it's just as stupid as you'd imagine. I don't know if it's in this game.

Kgummy posted:

We've never seen Madara without his one-eyed mask. Presumably the covered eye is missing.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 22, 2014

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Kgummy posted:

Hahahaha

That guy who can revive corpses? He becomes a good guy. And revives the four dead hokage, including Narudad, to help fight the new bad guy. Not loving kidding.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Don't click on that wikilink, it should stay a surprise.

e: removed link

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 22, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Thundersword238 posted:

Hahahaha

That guy who can revive corpses? He becomes a good guy. And revives the four dead hokage, including Narudad, to help fight the new bad guy. Not loving kidding.

Fantastic. The more I learn about Naruto, the more it just seems like "interesting ideas, terrible execution": The Anime.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

TwoPair posted:

Fantastic. The more I learn about Naruto, the more it just seems like "interesting ideas, terrible execution": The Anime.

This is valid and accurate criticism of the subject matter.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Wow, way to keep the surprise, Naruto fans. I'm sure you're all salivating to educate the Naruto-ignorant masses about all the details of the world, but now you make it seem as if the plot of the game doesn't even matter. The beautiful, amazing, intricate Naruto plot.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
"And thus ends my dissertation on the Shippuden canon," says the goon, awaiting the moderator before them to unleash their bankai.

heh

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
My ninja bankai is a tablet PC full of hentai dating sims. I use it for very Important things. And it is powerful.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

toddy. posted:

"And thus ends my dissertation on the Shippuden canon," says the goon, awaiting the moderator before them to unleash their bankai.

heh

Geop's bankai would probably increase in power the more puns he makes. Punkai.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
And the power of Chip Cheezum's Bankai would probably grow by leaps and bounds whenever he gets a Pure Platinum/S ranking. Pwnkai.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
So i uh. Finished recording the entire LP. So we should have some sort of schedule soon.

Also i hate myself.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pins posted:

Also i hate myself.

That's normal after prolonged exposure to hentais.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

AnoHito posted:

That's normal after prolonged exposure to hentais.

Never try to do a marathon session of beating (it to) hentai games.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pins posted:

Also i hate myself.
So how long 'till you delete this one? Two weeks?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Great Joe posted:

Pins is going to finish this one. Believe it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Great Joe posted:

If he already went through all the trouble of actually sitting through this crap and commentating on it, I imagine he's actually going to finish it. Uploading is the easiest part, I presume.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

Covok posted:

If he already went through all the trouble of actually sitting through this crap and commentating on it, I imagine he's actually going to finish it. Uploading is the easiest part, I presume.

You would think, but keep in mind he also went through the entirety of Ribbit King and then just kind of gave up because it devolved into nonsense and borderline meme-level stupidity...twice.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Pins won't do that because he won't let all my effortposts be for nothing. Right, Pins? :v:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

TCat posted:

You would think, but keep in mind he also went through the entirety of Ribbit King and then just kind of gave up because it devolved into nonsense and borderline meme-level stupidity...twice.
You say "devolved" as if it wasn't that from the very beginning.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pins posted:

So i uh. Finished recording the entire LP. So we should have some sort of schedule soon.

Also i hate myself.

Good luck with that. Honest. I have footage for the entire Killzone trilogy and Liberation recorded and the final editting and upload process are the biggest bottlenecks to deal with. So much for reliable schedules.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Blind Sally posted:

Good luck with that. Honest. I have footage for the entire Killzone trilogy and Liberation recorded and the final editting and upload process are the biggest bottlenecks to deal with. So much for reliable schedules.

I already have it cut up and they should be processing at home as we speak. Its now the issue of working with xumtosis' schedule (HOW THE gently caress DO YOU SLEEP ALL DAY) and getting guests who actually will put up with this. Audio editing etc is all easy and then all thats left is banners.

Edit:

Great Joe posted:

Also shut up. Jesus christ shut up forever.

Pins fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 22, 2014

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Blind Sally posted:

You need to link me to this LP right now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Veyrall posted:

You need to link me to this LP right now.

On a phone, at the moment. Are there easy ways to post links through the Awful ap?

Anyway, it uses the Stone Cold Steve Austin tag if you want to filter the thread out that way.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Blind Sally posted:

On a phone, at the moment. Are there easy ways to post links through the Awful ap?

Anyway, it uses the Stone Cold Steve Austin tag if you want to filter the thread out that way.

Find the thread, hold down on it for a couple of seconds, and a bar will appear that has "copy URL" as an option.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Regalingualius posted:

Find the thread, hold down on it for a couple of seconds, and a bar will appear that has "copy URL" as an option.

Oh, rad. Thanks for that. Here's the link.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pins posted:

Also shut up. Jesus christ shut up forever.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Agreed, just watch cromartie high school over naruto.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
I will never deal with another anime after this.

Except the parappa the rapper one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

• Locked thread