Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

lol come on

Lol this was my next post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fool_of_sound posted:

So yeah I think infinitum is at minimum lying about one or more of 1) not knowing what the items do, 2) not knowing which item went to who, 3) being asked to distribute the items on night 0, and/or 4) having no further interaction with the items once distributed.

Yes. This is where I'm at too, and I think it is likely item 1). I will even ##vote Infi

On a fresh mind this morning, I'm not sure of the case on Amoeba and may not even go back to him today. I think he may just actually dislike me and his posts read that way, even the one defending me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Yes. This is where I'm at too, and I think it is likely item 1). I will even ##vote Infi

On a fresh mind this morning, I'm not sure of the case on Amoeba and may not even go back to him today. I think he may just actually dislike me and his posts read that way, even the one defending me.

Maybe you said this somewhere then but I guess are you thinking infi had this whole plan to set up fool or how do you account for the missing item?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

##vote jfisk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Maybe you said this somewhere then but I guess are you thinking infi had this whole plan to set up fool or how do you account for the missing item?

That's a good point. My position is that his intent behind it is to gain town credibility. However, that gets thrown out the window if he's setting up fool for a d1 lynch and fool flips town. If fool flips scum and Infi is scum, that seems like a pretty bad strategy to bus a scum buddy.

##unvote - let me think more.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Next someone will quote infi saying he’d laugh as a scumslip

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

I dont disagree but wouldn’t toal just pardon themselves?

I think that's part of Fisk's point and I'm inclined to agree

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

merk posted:

lol come on

It seemed Fruedianesque to me but maybe I'm overanalyzing

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

##vote fool of sound I’ve cooled on solus and agree with Fisk that fool’s response reads as scrambling. There’s no way there’s some kind of n0 bus driver, so I feel pretty confident in saying one of fool or infi is lying, and between the two fool comes off much worse.

##vote Jon Joe

1. Forced dichotomy of who to lynch.
2. Your vote piggybacks onto Fisk to lessen your culpability if fool flips town.
3. The real crux of your vote is setup speculation which lessens your culpability if fool flips town (eh, I guess maybe there IS a busdriver!) or implicates Infi instead of you (now Infi must be lying!!).
4. It looks like you purposely got into a slapfight which didn't advance scum hunting.
5. The rest of your content is 'meh'.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##unvote

I can almost see the case on fool but they're new right? And it makes sense to muck up a simple town thing like claiming an item or whatever.

The thing that pings me the most is calling Infinitums role weird, because it happened and I know it happened cause I have the brooch.

It was called a pregame event rather than 'someone gives this to you or this happens' but it definitely is neutral wording that could imply anything.

I guess I'll save you all time because someone echoed fisks sentiment about lynching me to remove a town pardon from the? game? I can't pardon myself, and I thing the govoner power is iffy at best depending on how good your reads are so I'm tempted to burn it here just so that 'lol kill Toalpaz to see what happens' dies out.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Toal does the governor end the day or just make one person unlynchable?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

kaschei posted:

Toal does the governor end the day or just make one person unlynchable?

Sorry yeah, makes one other player unlunchable.

I don't get people having town reads of Fisk either when it's like just commentary and complaining and killing someone to burn a power for reasons.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm 'neutral' on Fisk, which is a step up from my initial position of 'leaning scum' on every player when the game starts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

@infi the vote stays on toalpaz because that’s what kickstarted the spree of terrible posting

@opop yeah that’s the goal.

@kaschei bad vote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry all, I'm catching up en masse. I've been feeling kinda icky and got kinda busy. I humbly ask that you join me on my journey to expose the seamy underbelly of this town and guide us to justice.

---

quote:

Aaron slowly coasted to a stop. The lamps of his pickup casting rainswept beams on the lobby of the only hospitable looking place for miles. Hospitable being used loosely in this instance.

The rhythmic rising and falling of his windshield wipers didn't do much for visibility, but added a calming cadence to the otherwise silent truck cabin. Better head on in Aaron thought removing the keys from the ignition.

He grabbed his maglite and hat from the dash, and with a perfunctory sigh, set towards the lobby.
---

Toalpaz posted:

So like if I were to scum claim with a name would you all go easy on me and kill my team mate first? Theoretically?

This is a weird game introductory post, and finding it curious is not suspicious. Toal leads us, jokingly or not, to believe that they are:
On a team
This team is non-town.

What's the benefit from joking like this or revealing this. It's a strange thing to do no matter how you look at it.

Infinitum posted:

Like I'm down to clown for joke phase for a bit to let everyone check in, but there's no way "what if I was scum" is an innocent statement to be making just as the game opens.

I agree. That's not an innocuous statement.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm trying to figure what the motivation was for a post like that from Toal. Not sure if it's bad or just weird jokephaize fare.

It would be VERY weird.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

##vote infintum
##vote DB

Two fake overreactions to a joke.

This looks bad. You yourself made a "shade" joke at Toal:

merk posted:

If I Did It

by Toal

Hal Incandenza posted:

I concur with this
Hmm, seems like a serious opinion on a bad pseudo-stance. Strange.

Jon Joe posted:

##vote SolusLunes this is not a jokephase vote. He’s just jumping on what merk said and Hal agreed with.

:eyepop:

This is entirely false lol. This is a fake case. Looking real suspect JJ.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I buy that

##vote merk

We have a "maybe" scum claim, and JJ's fake case, and the best thing going for fiskers is a meta-case from RF on merk... looking suspicious taste.

Jon Joe posted:

My bad.

Opop’s vote is empty meta poo poo I can’t even parse.

I can see your reasoning on Amobea - because you are very articulate - but I do not find it compelling.
RF's vote is legit bad, but this kind of auxiliary posting isn't doing you any favors given your noncase earlier.

Toalpaz posted:

I think Merk took an internet statement and made a fairly accurate read of it. I think people who say I am scum claiming are using bad reasoning, and I think people voting Merk for not voting on a 'scum claim' are also using bad reasoning to come to that conclusion. Maybe fisk is the worst for just commenting 'I buy that', but I think that GK also read that very unfavourably and seems unconcerned with actually finding scum and more concerned with finding out who's lunch today.

This is word salad, but:
merk's statement isn't the best, but it's ok.
People saying you MIGHT be scum are saying so because you all but scum claimed lmao.
People voting merk or looking at merk for RFs lovely meta case are bad. Looking at you TT/fisk.
GK is more anomalous thus far, but has p. much made next to no posts.

This is weirdpaz right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jon Joe posted:

*reads George Kansas’ posts*

What are talking about? He’s barely posted anything at all. I have no idea how you can extrapolate “finding out who’s lunch today” from a vote that was a hmmm followed by voting for you in what was, it appeared to me, a jokephase vote, considering it came directly after your own vote, which was also a joke.
lol yeah, GK hasn't done much. weird interaction. This looks good for JJ though. STILLL... wtf is that Solus vote? Solus was not in anyway engaged in the hal/merk/rf stuff. Specifically since you say it isn't a jokephase vote.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Habitual fence sitter, but once they’re off, good luck moving them

lol, accurate.

Infinitum posted:

"And because I'm lacking confidence, I've decided to go with a power move by 'scum claiming' in my 2nd post of the game."

##vote Toalpaz

funny, but this actually makes your initial point weaker with the sarcastic packaging.

Amoeba102 posted:

You are failing to read the implications. When I'm saying lazy, I'm saying he isn't trying to find scum and juat took an easy position to look like he had an opinion / is scumhunting. Saying Fisk is worse, is saying he was scummier.

How is not your meta? You aren't that good. Some sort of mafia messiah. People like to pretend you are, and either hide behind an authority they give you, or point to something that doesn't fit an idea of you being perfect and claim it is a scum tell.
Bringing up needinbg discord is a other tongue in cheek means of going hey merk is scum because he needs to chat oot, and it's really an underhanded way of pointing out suspicion. So that guy that did that after opop is suss too. Opop is as well, i misread him bringing it up at first.

Also i have to phonepost despute being laid up at home because the internet is out. So I'm not going to fix my typoes and I'm not going to post long rambles like this all the time either.

This Amoeba v. merk stuff seems so wrapped up in meta and irrelevant stuff that it makes my eyes gloss over. It feels spat like and pointless. Generally, amoeba's other posts have left a strong town feel imo. merk is debatable. His vote on amoeba may be less genuine and perhaps indicative of false motivations, but for the time being. It's an argument that I can't be arsed to invest myself into.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Thread is dull. Rather than wait for people to respond, I'm going to reveal some info.

I'm an Inventor. I had to choose 3 people to randomly distribute items to during N0.

The items I had were:
- The Ring
- The Brooch
- The Pendant

I distributed them to:
- fool of sound
- toalpaz
- kaschei

I don't know who got what.
I don't know what the items do.
I can't invent anything else.

The reason I am revealing this info now is that
A.) The distribution was really a shot in the dark
B.) I currently believe that Toalpaz is heavily leaning scum
C.) If I reveal this info now on D1, noone gets to lie about anything incase I've handed an invention over to scum

This seems like a reasonable course of action if infi truly believes toal is scum, but.... :eyepop:

fool_of_sound posted:

I did respond! Nobody has admitted to having creepy teeth yet so I don't have anything to add. I dont like taking total shots in the dark on day 1. Anyway if you did send me a ring or whatever I haven't gotten it yet afaict. It seems wierd you would call a bunch of people out though!

This is not good for infi though.

Toalpaz posted:

I can pardon another player with the brooch.

lol at all these vanilla town claims d1

toal v. infi
toal validates infi, but fool of sound does not.

:thunk:

toal AND infi scum, hard push to split the vote between the two of them, role mechanics and the unknown as a feasible pardon since it's so early in the game day and what motivations would they have had otherwise. Very suspicious.

Treachery is likely.

:tinfoil:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

yeah what is db doing this game ##vote db

the hell is this vote though, weirdpaz gets WEIRDER

SolusLunes posted:

MASS

CLAIM

BUTT

FAME

:buttfame:

Maybe JJ was right. You've made a few other MASS CLAIM posts before this... riding out the jokephase gas. I can't say I didn't do the same with my lack of presence.

SolusLunes posted:

n0 actions also generally seem to be suspicious by default

I'm not opposed to inf as the lunch for the day

##vote inf

This is a bad post and bad reasoning, maybe JJ was right. Wtf, JJ might have been right with that bad case?

Toalpaz posted:

solus has a tendency to die d1 or d2 so I'm just going to make sure he isn't lynched d1 hahaha

lol, accurate

Toal and Solus then get into some weird meta argument about VT claiming which is not actually entirely relevant to the game.
No thanks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah alright that basically checks out.

##vote infin

This is my new mafia strategy called de-escalation.

WTF, you validated his role. WTF.

##vote Toal

Toal starts the game with a pseudo scum claim joke.
Infi attacks toal with good reason, he had n0 items allegedly.
Toal verifies the items, even though FoS did not.
Toal votes infi for NO REASON!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I pointed out that infi’s claim sounds like after the fact horseshit because it does. There is absolutely 0 human thought process there, nothing like anything I would come up day 0, E.g. even the barest hint of consideration for the potential positive upside of giving an item to a strong player vs the potentially compounding catestrophe of if that player turned out to be scum

Also I wanted a shiny thing :( why didn’t I get a shiny thing

BUT, that was before his big ol’ effort post which, reading through, sounds incredibly town to me so while I think infi should maybe get a brain scan to ensure he’s not infected with any computer chips, I’m willing to believe that really is how he chose to distribute

Anyway I’m going to go and address the things addressed towards me in following posts

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rabble rabble one of my first posts was a joke posts how terribly suspicious rabble rabble.

You just know the people pushing me don't actually believe I'm scum claiming because they aren't complaining I'm ruining the game. (because they're scum and their eyes are blinded by greed for an easy day)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jon Joe posted:

I pointed out that infi’s claim sounds like after the fact horseshit because it does. There is absolutely 0 human thought process there, nothing like anything I would come up day 0, E.g. even the barest hint of consideration for the potential positive upside of giving an item to a strong player vs the potentially compounding catestrophe of if that player turned out to be scum

Also I wanted a shiny thing :( why didn’t I get a shiny thing

BUT, that was before his big ol’ effort post which, reading through, sounds incredibly town to me so while I think infi should maybe get a brain scan to ensure he’s not infected with any computer chips, I’m willing to believe that really is how he chose to distribute

Anyway I’m going to go and address the things addressed towards me in following posts

If you thought it was horseshit, then what do you think that said about Toal who claims to have received an item that actually does something.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

scum infinitum giving brooch to 2 town 1 scum and framing a town by putting suspicion on one?

Toalpaz posted:

even if Fool was scum why lie about getting a thing? why not just confirm thing got? I don't see any strategic advantage for lying in that situation.

Nice job missing this and recontextualizing my vote to make me look bad AA.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

If you thought it was horseshit, then what do you think that said about Toal who claims to have received an item that actually does something.

You misunderstand, or perhaps I just wasn’t clear enough, it’s the reasoning that sounds like horseshit - if infi was scum, he obviously couldn’t reveal his real thought process n0 for choosing who he did, so “I split the players in thirds except this one who I thought was lurking for no reason so I went one down” sounds like he needed a cover, quickly rushed to the first page, found the closest thing to a pattern his brain could recognize, and said that was how he chose.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Nice job missing this and recontextualizing my vote to make me look bad AA.

Sorry, I went back through.

It's a case of classic AA post/av combo.

##unvote

I CAN SEE where you might be coming from.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

At this point in time I think ##vote Jon Joe is the right move

I can’t deny Toal has been a little all over the place so far but JJ is a mess

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jon Joe posted:

You misunderstand, or perhaps I just wasn’t clear enough, it’s the reasoning that sounds like horseshit - if infi was scum, he obviously couldn’t reveal his real thought process n0 for choosing who he did, so “I split the players in thirds except this one who I thought was lurking for no reason so I went one down” sounds like he needed a cover, quickly rushed to the first page, found the closest thing to a pattern his brain could recognize, and said that was how he chose.

I understand now, my mistake!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jon Joe posted:

And so he ran back to a random list of players and was like hmm 5,11 and 15 yeah I can make this work?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

And so he ran back to a random list of players and was like hmm 5,11 and 15 yeah I can make this work?

Right.

But it’s a pretty meaningless thing in the context of infi’s megapost like I said, more of a footnote to a “infi scum” case that doesn’t (imo) exist

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
hmmm.....

Now I don't know what to think lol.

I think one OR two of Kasch/Inf/Toal/FoS are scum.

Toal and Inf were opposed, could have been dramatics, but unlikely. Unknown - Weird play, maybe that's toal play, leaning Town?

Kasch validates as well, and has expressed some decent points. Town

Inf - Could be town, why as scum inventor give items to town AND claim if you know the items are bad, that favors a town infi, and FoS trying to sink a town inventor by claiming they didn't get something.

Now maybe, it was Toal got a bad item, kasch is scum, inf is scum, and FoS is a town attachment, but that is a weak and open ended plan.

I think the events lead to FoS lying in this instance.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Fool of Sound

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

People who want to say FoS is scum should also have a theory of what FoS 'gets' out of this. It isn't enough to point at an inconsistency and say 'that's weird', you should be able to see the scum mind/motivations for actions. That's where scumminess comes from.

I'm not sure Infinitum or FoS are the right tree to bark up, because I can't see this as being a winning scum play for either.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

People who want to say FoS is scum should also have a theory of what FoS 'gets' out of this. It isn't enough to point at an inconsistency and say 'that's weird', you should be able to see the scum mind/motivations for actions. That's where scumminess comes from.

I'm not sure Infinitum or FoS are the right tree to bark up, because I can't see this as being a winning scum play for either.

The same could be said of you, for your initial "joke" post.

Since you passively disengage that argument, what's the right tree?

merk and amoeba?

They both look decent.

RF has a bad meta case that fisk nonchalantly attached too. There was some heated discourse with fisk and others as well.

I would have no problem voting fisk or RF, but I agree that it is highly unlikely that there is a n0 redirect involved.

Why have a n0 inventor, if a guaranteed redirect is in play? Granted it could have all been coincidental. I think it just reeks of lies. There's information to be gleaned from the flip.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Agreed, people should vote toalpaz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

This is why I don’t want to vote fool. New player makes crazy gambit like that seems to serve no purpose? That would be pretty unusual and you’d think they would at least talk to scumbros first. Not completely off the hook but I’d want something way more concrete to vote new player D1

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is why I don’t want to vote fool. New player makes crazy gambit like that seems to serve no purpose? That would be pretty unusual and you’d think they would at least talk to scumbros first. Not completely off the hook but I’d want something way more concrete to vote new player D1

I get that. I'd be ok voting Opop out.

##vote RF
done and done.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

The same could be said of you, for your initial "joke" post.

Since you passively disengage that argument, what's the right tree?

merk and amoeba?

They both look decent.

RF has a bad meta case that fisk nonchalantly attached too. There was some heated discourse with fisk and others as well.

I would have no problem voting fisk or RF, but I agree that it is highly unlikely that there is a n0 redirect involved.

Why have a n0 inventor, if a guaranteed redirect is in play? Granted it could have all been coincidental. I think it just reeks of lies. There's information to be gleaned from the flip.

I can see the merits of voting someone involved in the inventor thing but speculating on N0 redirector existing or not is just spinning wheels. For all we know Somber made it so there was a random chance that someone got something or not or maybe he set it up so there is a chance players find the object each day or who knows what. WHO KNOWS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think because Merk's instinct is that Inf is the most susp one out of Fool and Inf I'm leaning town on Merk.

I've seen people spiral and get into weird fights but I'd vote Amoeba before Merk.

I think JFisk is scum lol. He's done engaging and casing or having thoughts about people, and he's slipped into rile em up mode.