Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This just in: Ubisoft are still pricks:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-voice-of-watch-dogs-2s-marcus-wasnt-asked-to-return-in-legion/

So they will add the token white guy from 2 and Aiden loving Pierce but not even consider Marcus. gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

AceOfFlames posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-voice-of-watch-dogs-2s-marcus-wasnt-asked-to-return-in-legion/

So they will add the token white guy from 2 and Aiden loving Pierce but not even consider Marcus. gently caress them.

What the gently caress

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So I only did a couple story missions then went ahead and just liberated the entirety of London lol. Got a gold trophy for it, only my third trophy earned in the game so far.

That’s pretty funny that you can just go do that.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I do like that you can get on cargo drones and just Green Goblin around.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Is it fun

I kinda want a cyberpunk fix

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

man nurse posted:

I do like that you can get on cargo drones and just Green Goblin around.

My favorite so far has been using the cargo drone to fly up to a window washer, hop into the window-washer, and then zoom up to the roof.

Also you can do drive-bys if you have a pistol equipped, just press up on the d-pad while driving and then LB to fire.

My best operative was a spy with a silenced pistol, but now I have a hitwoman with a DEagle and a G36 for maximum :bustem: action, doing combat rolls auto-reloads her gun and she has that gunkata special takedown move as well.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I have a lady whose only stat is “watched video: “How to boil water”” :downsgun:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

AirRaid posted:

I have a lady whose only stat is “watched video: “How to boil water”” :downsgun:

I really wish you could level up characters like this and pick perks for them so there was a reason to not just use the skilled characters you get from liberating boroughs.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Does this game have not quicksave? In Assassin's Creed I like to save scum when trying to take down a place stealthily but it doesn't seem to exist here.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I really wish you could level up characters like this and pick perks for them so there was a reason to not just use the skilled characters you get from liberating boroughs.

The fact there’s no way to improve or change the random you recruit is a huge missed opportunity and part of what drives me nuts about this game. It’s just basically constantly jamming things that it could have done in your face. It’s not a bad game but whenever I’m playing it there’s just stuff it could have done differently.

Also the character models are inexcusably bad.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So post update the game launches, I get a black screen for a few seconds and then I go back to the desktop with the game running on the taskbar. I can switch to the game but I just get a black screen and back to the desktop.

Pretty sweet game

Edit: So the game no longer works properly at 2560x1440 Fullscreen, windowed mode works but I’ve got a bar across the top and boarderless doesn’t fullscreen.

koshmar fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 31, 2020

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It's so nice to be wandering around a city I know very well, doesn't happen in games much.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I had a weird glitch where I encountered someone I had tagged for recruitment while he was getting the piss kicked out of him by an Albion dude.

I took down the Albion dude and the guy then thanked me and wanted be to track down his missing friend who is also a "oval office". I agreed, the cutscene ended, and then he immediately attacked me. I profiled him to see his disposition to Deadsec and there were no red "thumbs down"s. Weird. I knocked him out and continued playing. He wasn't that good, anyway.

I also find it really weird that people with 3080's are rage quitting the game because it's not running well. You have the best card available, you turn down a few settings and enjoy your 60fps. It's not preferable, but if you're that pissed off, you must really want to play the game, so tweak. Or don't, it's up to you, but it's strange to deprive yourself of something you want just because everything doesn't say "Ultra" in the settings.

I had a 1080ti when they were new and this would happen occasionally to me. It's not the end of the world.

Besides, there's plenty of worse things about the game to complain about, like the fact that there is absolutely nothing to get you attached to anyone you recruit. Some amount of progression/levelling up of characters would have gone miles toward engaging you and investing you into your recruits.

The worst thing is that I think it actually existed in the game until people started whining about Breakpoint and Ubi panicked and over-corrected.

The moral of the story in the case of both Breakpoint and Legion is that not all of their games need the same progression systems, but the all need (for better or worse) SOME kind of progressions system, because that's just how people are in 2020.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I'm on PC and I've only got one bug but it's a vexing one; my controller works really funny. It's a PS4 controller*, and while it mostly works okay, in menus it seems to be deeply confused by hitting O, it keeps taking me deeper into menus when I do so and then back out and then in again and stuff. I have to hit Start to get out of menus. I could live with that, but worse, every few minutes it'll minimize the game and call up an on-screen keyboard, which as you can imagine makes things pretty close to unplayable.

I played some with KBM and I've been having fun but it's way awkward compared to the controller bits I managed to play.

*It's a wireless controller, but I don't have a dongle or anything so it's connected by cable.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AceOfFlames posted:

i suspect there will be another big DLC expansion(not just the Grumpy McIconicHat and wrench one) that will have marcus in it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AceOfFlames posted:

I liked Wrench okay but what the gently caress, Marcus ruled and his personality helped a ton in papering over some of the cracks in the WD2 storyline. I just kind of assumed it was a given he'd be back in some kind of cameo given they were bringing back the "iconic" dude from the first game who literally not a single person on the planet had any interest in ever seeing again.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Ubisofts continued insistence that Aiden Pierce is a big deal is the weirdest poo poo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JustaDamnFool posted:

Ubisofts continued insistence that Aiden Pierce is a big deal is the weirdest poo poo

The dude has an iconic cap, he's a big deal.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
One big performance boost I did find was changing Shadows from High to Medium. Outdoors it increased average framerates by 10-12 fps.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

JustaDamnFool posted:

i almost feel bad for the writers of wd 1. its clear that it was rewritten like 5 times and the end product is like 20 different builds glued together. its clear they wanted to originally make a Cyperpunk version of death wish(the original one) where aiden is a super broken dude with a criminal past whos sins catch up with him and his kid dies and it fucks him up even more and he basicaly becomes this weird unlikable fucker who takes everyone with him on some hosed up vengeance quest. the issue is it doesnt work because amongst like 20 other problems, they don't know how to make aiden interesting or unlikable. he just comes off as a dumb rear end in a top hat who says poorly written lines out of a Max Allan Collins book while making loving meme images. like i am ok with him being in a DLC because i would find it funny to dress him up in dumb outfits and make him shoot PMC fascists' and chavs in London. I think they will add marcus to the game at some point. he is a well liked character and would make a big "buy our DLC" thing.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Lol one of the first rewards I got in Legion was "Marcus's default ICONIC Jacket!!!"

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

I feel goofy asking the question, but how do you switch from mouse and keyboard to gamepad in the PC version? Seems like there should be a toggle in the menu, but if it exists I'm not seeing it.

Ersatz fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 31, 2020

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ersatz posted:

I feel goody asking the question, but how do you switch from mouse and keyboard to gamepad in the PC version? Seems like there should be a toggle in the menu, but if it exists I'm not seeing it.

If you have a gamepad connected to your PC just pressing a button on the gamepad should switch you to it in game. Same with if you move the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard it will switch you back to mouse keyboard.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lol one of the first rewards I got in Legion was "Marcus's default ICONIC Jacket!!!"

isnt that free on the Ubi rewards thing?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah wonderful, now opening the map crashes my game. What a loving disaster of a launch.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Playing on PS4, no real problems yet other than just the general fidgety movement and jank I've come to expect from Ubisoft games.

It's a loving weird game though, some of the radiant dialogue on recruitments/etc flows pretty seamlessly and then suddenly you'll get something like "I was in a right pickle I was!" "Yes, I did." "Great! Go steal the data for me!". Its less frequent and noticeable than in Odyssey's radiant quests but the couple times it happened its pretty jarring.

Out of curiosity I re-did the intro picking a Romanian immigrant electrical engineer and all the reactive dialogue was less 'oi we need to restart Dedsec to save London' and more 'I smash bad guys but bullets not so nice!'. Like, I basically unlocked the Fallout LOW INT option by mistake only no one reacts to it any differently.

Two questions: can I just find random John Wick guys like the one from the intro or is that one of those 'guys with this trait are gated behind the plot' deals, and can I change time of day manually? In WD2 you could by sleeping on a couch in a hideout (I dont think the game ever tells you this) but then in Far Cry 5 you just...couldn't for no discernible reason. Since this game is missing some serious QoL features like an on-foot audio player I wondered if they skipped that one too.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wolfsheim posted:

Two questions: can I just find random John Wick guys like the one from the intro or is that one of those 'guys with this trait are gated behind the plot' deals, and can I change time of day manually? In WD2 you could by sleeping on a couch in a hideout (I dont think the game ever tells you this) but then in Far Cry 5 you just...couldn't for no discernible reason. Since this game is missing some serious QoL features like an on-foot audio player I wondered if they skipped that one too.

I found a Wick-esque hitwoman wandering the street, highlighted with a green dot on the minimap. Utterly OP and breaks the game with her fast takedowns, Deagle, and G36.

Also the solution to my game crashing was turning DirectX down to 11. Game runs a lot smoother and kinda looks better, weirdly enough.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

i3-9400 and RX 580, launching game through steam by adding the non-BE.exe so I can use my switch controller, hasn’t crashed once, not even yesterday. Noticeable improvement after patch, I’d get big hits when it was raining and at sunset, but not today. Everything’s on 1080p and Ultra except reflections and shadows, which are the next notch down

You’re totally just dropped into the world, and the game wasn’t firing until I came back in today, and the different tool mechanics all started clicking and I got into a great flow. I think the new upgrade system is good, so far, and the in gadget improvements totally change the approach on different issues. I sometimes think I’m cheating when I find every mission’s little back door, but that’s the trick, and I can lean in to each system, cameras, spiderbot, run and gun, fly in on drones, character uniforms, and be playing a solid game in each.

Then I realized every pedestrian on the street has an interwoven relationship and it gets marked as you recruit more and get the deep link tech.... nice.

Haven’t played darts or soccer yet

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Turns out my controller problems were coming from having Steam running and once I closed that, problems have ended.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Had my first crash on Xbox One within 30 minutes of starting

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Also the solution to my game crashing was turning DirectX down to 11. Game runs a lot smoother and kinda looks better, weirdly enough.

This solved my crash (Every single time I enter the "Team" menu, the game crashed exactly 8 seconds after - this persists after the patch and video driver updates) but DirectX11 runs way worse for me that 12 in legion, so I go from having a smooth framerate to constant stuttering, but it will at least let me use the Team/Recruit menu for more than 8 seconds.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Spun it up for my first proper (propah!) launch today, took me right back to 2014 and being immediately disappointed by Watch Dogs the first.

I've probably been spoiled, I have RDR2 running at a solid 60fps at 1080p on max settings with no DLSS, I've been playing Death Stranding at a solid 60fps with DLSS 2.0, Control was GAWGEOUS and a mostly solid 60fps with the full suite of RTX and DLSS2.0.

I must be spoiled, right? Because I have a 2060 super and a bog-standard Ryzen 2600, but I stick to 1080p and so just assumed that at that resolution, in the brave new world of DLSS, that everything would always be 60fps. Watch Dogs Legion has me shook.

It would be one thing if it just ran like garbage, which it does, but it also looks terrible. The world seems washed out, hazy, with textures trudging slowly into focus as I pan around in a slurred 30fps (or less) while characters have the dead-eyed mannequin look of an NPC transported from the hard-drive of an xbox360 bought in 2012. The game itself is loving manic in a way that just seems antiquated now, it all feels so dated.

Ultimately I could look past the graphics and the retro-manic open world gameplay if it ran alright, I'm baffled as to how badly it chugs along. Messing around with DLSS, even switching off RTX does nothing.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Simiain posted:

Spun it up for my first proper (propah!) launch today, took me right back to 2014 and being immediately disappointed by Watch Dogs the first.

I've probably been spoiled, I have RDR2 running at a solid 60fps at 1080p on max settings with no DLSS, I've been playing Death Stranding at a solid 60fps with DLSS 2.0, Control was GAWGEOUS and a mostly solid 60fps with the full suite of RTX and DLSS2.0.

I must be spoiled, right? Because I have a 2060 super and a bog-standard Ryzen 2600, but I stick to 1080p and so just assumed that at that resolution, in the brave new world of DLSS, that everything would always be 60fps. Watch Dogs Legion has me shook.

It would be one thing if it just ran like garbage, which it does, but it also looks terrible. The world seems washed out, hazy, with textures trudging slowly into focus as I pan around in a slurred 30fps (or less) while characters have the dead-eyed mannequin look of an NPC transported from the hard-drive of an xbox360 bought in 2012. The game itself is loving manic in a way that just seems antiquated now, it all feels so dated.

Ultimately I could look past the graphics and the retro-manic open world gameplay if it ran alright, I'm baffled as to how badly it chugs along. Messing around with DLSS, even switching off RTX does nothing.

Welcome to my world. My mind is absolutely boggled how DLSS does absolutely nothing to the framerate when enabled in 1080p from experience with other games like Control. The only thing I've found so far that got me bordering on an average 60fps was to bring the Shadows down to Medium.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I was just on a cargo drone and went toward some buildings over a river. The game then told me I was leaving London and have me a countdown. It also stopped my control of the cargo drone and wouldn't let me hijack it again. So I was stuck standing on it waiting for the countdown to end, at which point it crashed the game.

I've also found cameras that are inside buildings. Not inside an indoor area. Just inside building geometry.

I'm getting pretty pissed at the state this game is in right now.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

I’m feeling a little disappointed that I spent $110 on this

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I randomly found a hitman with a desert eagle, g36, and gunkata which allows him to perform instant executions on anybody even if they are aware of you. It's pretty sweet.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D-Pad posted:

I randomly found a hitman with a desert eagle, g36, and gunkata which allows him to perform instant executions on anybody even if they are aware of you. It's pretty sweet.

yeah they're literally the best character in the game and turns everything around them into a twisted joke, lmao

the garrote wire executions are worth it though, imo

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

There is no best character in the game when the Spider Bot (which is probably the first thing anyone fully upgrades) can do literally anything the characters can do and mitigates all risk.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

yeah they're literally the best character in the game and turns everything around them into a twisted joke, lmao

the garrote wire executions are worth it though, imo

Wait, how do you get the garrote wire executions? Is that what he does when the enemies don't see you because you are behind them? I only messed around with him for a little bit and the enemies all saw me and I walked straight up to them and did some John Wick poo poo with a punch and a shot to the forehead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D-Pad posted:

Wait, how do you get the garrote wire executions? Is that what he does when the enemies don't see you because you are behind them? I only messed around with him for a little bit and the enemies all saw me and I walked straight up to them and did some John Wick poo poo with a punch and a shot to the forehead.

I think at some point it pops at random or something? I know it's clearly a Hitman tribute so you probably have to approach from behind with no alert status.

Mr Scumbag posted:

There is no best character in the game when the Spider Bot (which is probably the first thing anyone fully upgrades) can do literally anything the characters can do and mitigates all risk.

I put on like 4 hours of podcasts and took the construction worker and their heavy drone around the city to farm a bunch of points.