Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

bowmore posted:

My collection, sorry about the bad photo

Ohhh a disc version of Puppeteer. Excellent

I saw Folklore at a 2nd and Charles used game place by me last week, they wanted $65 with the case which I guess is maybe reasonable these days.

They didn’t have most of my list of PS3 discs I want though. I guess I gotta hit eBay. Or Casnorf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

everyones ps3 game collection look the same

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I’d wager there’s a reason for that

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That's not actually a bad thing. I'm a newer PS3 user so I tend to get some games that I liked from that generation, some exclusives (like Resistance or Killzone) and avoid getting games that they got remastered/uodated on PS4 like Vanquish/Bayonetta that I own the special Steelbook or Yakuza games.

Other than that I think I'm the only that has TNA Impact! on both PS3 and Xbox 360 but because I'm a wrassling nerd. I own Stranglehold on both consoles and the fixed PC release (GOG) because Cho Yun-Fat.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

at least we can all agree that it's finally time to consolodate the PS3 thread and the PS5 thread in advance of the release of PS9

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

at least we can all agree that it's finally time to consolodate the PS3 thread and the PS5 thread

two consoles with no games :hai:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

two consoles with no games :hai:

Make that three:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaWZLOll4cY

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lies.

I did not see John Daly’s Pro Stroke Golf in anyone’s collection but mine

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I don't see the Wizard Edition of Ni No Kuni on anyone else's shelf so far. :smuggo:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah beanpole how’s it feel to get called out on your lovely lies

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not seeing many Hakuna Matata’s or import Motorstorm 3 Apocalypses either

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

bowmore posted:

My collection, sorry about the bad photo

There was a PS3 release of Steins;Gate? Gonna have to track a copy of that down. Thought it was just on Vita & later Steam

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I don't see anyone else with aquanaut's holiday here or my nifty Japanese collectors editions.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm in desperate need of a reorganizing, this isn't my complete collection either.

Some duplicates in there since I inherited my brother's PS3 collection and there was overlap.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

:D :ninja:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

univbee posted:

I'm in desperate need of a reorganizing, this isn't my complete collection either.

Some duplicates in there since I inherited my brother's PS3 collection and there was overlap.

we've finally found him, the goon who owns every PS3 game

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

we've finally found him, the goon who owns every PS3 game

Well, digitally, yes. Fun to scroll the download list for like 10 minutes to find something I bought in 2015.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:eyepop:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/450293/ps5-vs-ps3-sales-comparison-july-2021/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wrap it up ps5ailures

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Am I the only one that prefers Demons Souls on PS3 over PS5? Don’t get me wrong, the remake is technically amazing but it gives off the feel of one of those Mario 64 Unreal demos that someone makes to pad off their portfolio. I wish we could get a port of the original in just higher resolution and framerate.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Am I the only one that prefers Demons Souls on PS3 over PS5? Don’t get me wrong, the remake is technically amazing but it gives off the feel of one of those Mario 64 Unreal demos that someone makes to pad off their portfolio. I wish we could get a port of the original in just higher resolution and framerate.

atp...probably

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

wrap it up ps5ailures

:hmmyes:

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't know if I prefer the original but remakes almost inherently have a different feel to the game they're remaking, and having platinumed the PS5 version I still do kinda want to go back and plat the original some time.

But that pure bladestone grind though

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Raylax posted:

I don't know if I prefer the original but remakes almost inherently have a different feel to the game they're remaking, and having platinumed the PS5 version I still do kinda want to go back and plat the original some time.

But that pure bladestone grind though

It’s still a great remake but the art style feels a little off to me.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

univbee posted:

thems some ps3 games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

glorious

i gotta get my hands on the resistance trilogy

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

SeANMcBAY posted:

i know what you mean, i think cos it also looks distinctly different and feels different visually to say the bb/dark souls 3/elden ring engine that it doenst vibe too well. still great but theres def a western "sheen" to it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i know what you mean, i think cos it also looks distinctly different and feels different visually to say the bb/dark souls 3/elden ring engine that it doenst vibe too well. still great but theres def a western "sheen" to it

Exactly. Didn’t Bluepoint’s Shadow of the Colossus remake gave a similar “issue”?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Exactly. Didn’t Bluepoint’s Shadow of the Colossus remake gave a similar “issue”?

not exactly the same issue, and i'm a huge stan for PS2 sotc, so i can say i totally get people's queasiness about discrepancies in nuDeS. the issue in sotc remake was that nobody besides ueda himself is focusing on making characters light and animate as if they are composed of 2D traditional cells, and he accomplishes these things by making sacrifices in detail elsewhere. if you're going to make a version of sotc's world that has more graphical fidelity and less 'murk' overall (which absolutely is a artistic divergence) then you're prolly going to have to follow suit and change the character's faces to match. it sort of stands out in the end because everybody and their mother remembers exactly how wander's face is supposed to look.

but the bigger point is that nobody on god's green earth can emulate or recreate the black magic techniques that were used to hold the original sotc together, so if you want a new generation of people to play this iconic game you're gonna need to make a few changes. i didn't particularly like all the changes that were made, as i said i'm a purist for sotc, but i understand the difficulty behind the choices that were made and i also feel like bluepoint learned a hell of a lot about maintaining artistic integrity between the sotc remake and the DeS remake. you're never going to please everyone, but i think they made almost all the right calls, including using almost all the original voice actors. nuDeS is a magnificent ode to its source material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCBJ2fiiUXk

and i'm dead sure they got the nod of approval from miyazaki himself, along with japan studio's help, otherwise hints of the relationship fracturing would've leaked far and wide by now instead of leaks about FROM making a new PS5 exclusive bloodborne spiritual successor or whathaveyou praise the lord

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Konami are shutting down the online for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PS3 and Xbo 360 on May 31st, 2022.

The game currently has an online trophy so if for some reason you still want to platinum it on the older consoles, get busy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Konami are shutting down the online for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PS3 and Xbo 360 on May 31st, 2022.

The game currently has an online trophy so if for some reason you still want to platinum it on the older consoles, get busy.

Oh no! I wish I could figure out why my PS3 won’t get online at my house.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

they already unlocked the extra endings on ps3, all the nukes were disarmed, twice i believe.

not 360 tho lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

not 360 tho lol

xbox stays sinnin

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anyone have a list of what games are both 1080p/60fps on PS3? I know that Ridge Racer 7 and the Daytona USA port are.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Not Bayonetta

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do people actually play that? The servers on PS4 were dead after a week. MGS5 online was garbage.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Do people actually play that? The servers on PS4 were dead after a week. MGS5 online was garbage.

The seperate online no one plays, a lot still do the fob or fsb or whatever base invasion stuff to disarm nukes for the final ending, thinking it would have konami release chapter 3 dlc as per kojimas request or something. They got the chapter 2 ending cutscene unlocked twice on ps3 because not many nukes it turns out on the tracker, but they never unlocked the ending on 360 and never ever xb1 and ps4 cos of too many nukes and konami fuckery in which high level players cant see nukes that are all on low level players, they just dont show up and konami want to rake in motherbase coins, cos konami.

It got unlocked on pc cos of a buffer overflow due to cheaters making too many nukes. Kinda poetic. No dlc tho lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All Little Big Planet PS3 games have had their online services permanently closed

https://twitter.com/LittleBigPlanet/status/1437415883752845318?s=20

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

All Little Big Planet PS3 games have had their online services permanently closed

https://twitter.com/LittleBigPlanet/status/1437415883752845318?s=20

winstation stays winnin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

What online server/multiplayer games on PS3 still work?

GTAV shuts down in December (and Platinum is already impossible to obtain because a specific online mode is no longer available on PS3).
MGSV shuts down in May 2022.

I guess the Battlefields and Call of Duty games and Destiny 1 are still active. Anything else?