Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Cornuto posted:

:circlefap: Uckfay isthay oreignfay anguagelay erailday. :circlefap:

Ic forewyrde, wé þurfan spricaþ Englisc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ya tengo el gato en mis pantalones.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Imperialist Dog posted:

Ic forewyrde, wé þurfan spricaþ Englisc.

You may take our þ's but you can never take our ð's!! :argh:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Icksnae on the oreignfae anguageslae.

E: also, A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal

jazzyhattrick fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 19, 2014

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Basscop posted:

You may take our þ's but you can never take our ð's!! :argh:

Diog's next game: East Anglia: Clash of the Clans!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Finally, after years of blunt force cranial trauma, our brain damage is beginning to show. Always wear a helmet kids.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Fan sluta skriva på andra språk. En tråkig jävla gimmick.

1. Do you?
B. Yes. The medicine is not what is causing the searches and I want to have it on hand, I send someone I trust to get him.

We need to keep the medicine close. We should have never sent it away. Knee jerk reaction from some.

2. As to the inspections I...

I'm voting for the Plan Mike Gallego

But that is only because I am so late to the party.

We should have shown the guards The box from Tudiya and say "We were asked by Tudiya, King of Zepath to bring this to Baitel. We haven't opened it, and you will not be allowed to either, but is it something coming from this?"
Then we should have asked the Caravan if someone is being paid to smuggle. Warn them that if found out to be smuggling and not coming clean they will be banished from the Balls of Laberas. Tell the pilgrims that their pilgrimage will be worthless if they lie to us. Then and only then should we have gone and asked the priests for help.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Affi posted:

Fan sluta skriva på andra språk. En tråkig jävla gimmick.

1. Do you?
B. Yes. The medicine is not what is causing the searches and I want to have it on hand, I send someone I trust to get him.

We need to keep the medicine close. We should have never sent it away. Knee jerk reaction from some.

We should have shown the guards The box from Tudiya and say "We were asked by Tudiya, King of Zepath to bring this to Baitel. We haven't opened it, and you will not be allowed to either, but is it something coming from this?"
Then we should have asked the Caravan if someone is being paid to smuggle. Warn them that if found out to be smuggling and not coming clean they will be banished from the Balls of Laberas. Tell the pilgrims that their pilgrimage will be worthless if they lie to us. Then and only then should we have gone and asked the priests for help.

I don't think a smuggler about to run into some big profit is just gonna up and expose himself now.People don't just follow rules because you ask them to. What do you think these pilgrims are? Swedish?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If you guys don't stop speaking terrorist I'm gonna tell on you to the NSA.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Affi posted:

1. Do you?

+1 This man has good ideas. I like his ideas and vote in accordance with them.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

paragon1 posted:

If you guys don't stop speaking terrorist I'm gonna tell on you to the NSA.

"Hello yes, I'd like to report a 9 foot tall black man in sandals eating a flute. He has a large dog and he is asking it why he doesn't poop. Yes I'll hold."

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Cornuto posted:

+1 This man has good ideas. I like his ideas and vote in accordance with them.

Parachute account spotted.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Basscop posted:

I don't think a smuggler about to run into some big profit is just gonna up and expose himself now.People don't just follow rules because you ask them to. What do you think these pilgrims are? Swedish?

I think that the balls love us and live for us. And that they would maybe step forth if we threaten expulsion.

I also think a lot of the pilgrims might feel bad but probably mainly fear thaT we can read their minds.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

I was really bothering me that there wasn't a post in this thread for almost eight hours.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Maybe Diog is dead?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Diog is Not Dead starring Kevin Sorbo as a smug caricature of a liberal college professor.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
It's the world cup guys USA is winning!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

paragon1 posted:

Diog is Not Dead starring Kevin Sorbo as a smug caricature of a liberal college professor.

Is he bald on top with a ponytail?
Did he carve his own sandals out of discarded tree bark?

Who will play the part of Marine Todd!?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

quote:

22:14:44 | <Diog> If I die IRL I am handing the game over to a collaboration between serspook, slan, basscop and tsyni.
22:14:53 | <Tsyni> perfeccccct
22:14:57 | <FoxTerrier> I demand to be involved
22:15:00 | <Diog> serspook can figure out the technical bits and they can be a hungering monster
22:15:00 | <FoxTerrier> as Snarls' representative
22:15:03 | <Diog> fine
22:15:07 | <FoxTerrier> excellent
22:15:08 | <SerSpook> yes
22:15:11 | <SerSpook> yes!
22:15:26 | <Diog> ....did I just incentive the four of you to find me IRL and murder me?
22:15:32 | <FoxTerrier> someone post this to the board for posterity before he realizes what he's done
22:15:34 | <Diog> ....I am checking my breaks in the morning before I go to work.

You guys actually did it, didn't you...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Maybe Diog is dead?

Noble goons. I am alive, I am sorry if we miss an update for a day or even a few, life happens and sometimes life prevents me from updating our game. No update tonight. I expect one tomorrow night but if not, I *promise* we will on Saturday.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Rahul posted:

You guys actually did it, didn't you...

Yes.

Expect an update soon wherein Lovecraftian horrors rise from the deep to consume the hearts, minds, and Cheetos of all goonkind. Snarls alone will be immune to the destruction, riding a literal wave on a chariot of bones, wrecking the vengeance upon the floppy ears they're had coming for so long.

So long.

And maybe doing some cool dog surfing tricks, who knows. Our council of minds isn't exactly stable.

Anyway yeah, sorry about Diog being dead, and the carnivorous sea monsters soon to be slithering outside your bedroom door, but well, thems the breaks.

Anyways:

¡Viva La Ashera! ¡Hasta Las Capybaras Siempre! Etc etc.

Edit: Please ignore the obvious imposter posting above me. It's clearly a capybara in a Diogines suit and best ignored.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Just as you begin to implement your plan, it comes to you. You know what Smythos tried to tell you in your dream now.

None of this matters, for it is all going to be consumed one day. By Asherah. And, perhaps, you.

You turn towards your nearest Ball, Uriah. You can feel it now. The surety of just how good he will taste. The power you will gain. It fills you. You know, with absolute certainty, that this is what you exist for. Nothing else matters, beyond devouring, consuming, and growing in power.

You know your destiny.

Fill in. How will you eat Uriah?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I find giant leaves, then I slice him up with one of our Ball's swords. I turn him into Seaweed cakes! YUM

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mike Gallego posted:

Just as you begin to implement your plan, it comes to you. You know what Smythos tried to tell you in your dream now.

None of this matters, for it is all going to be consumed one day. By Asherah. And, perhaps, you.

You turn towards your nearest Ball, Uriah. You can feel it now. The surety of just how good he will taste. The power you will gain. It fills you. You know, with absolute certainty, that this is what you exist for. Nothing else matters, beyond devouring, consuming, and growing in power.

You know your destiny.

Fill in. How will you eat Uriah?

The irc chat made no mention of handing things over to some "Mike Gallego" so you better hold your horses mister.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

paragon1 posted:

The irc chat made no mention of handing things over to some "Mike Gallego" so you better hold your horses mister.

I ate SerSpook and gained his power.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Paradise Lost: Katamari Damacy

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Mike Gallego posted:

I ate SerSpook and gained his power.

Lies.

As you turn towards Uriah, it suddenly occurs to you that you're eating the wrong person. Sure, he's delicious. And tender. And probably excellent with a light drizzle of olive oil.

But that takes a backseat to what must be taken care of first.

Eating the Usurper.

How Will You Consume Mike Gallego, Usurper?

A: With Brown Sauce

B: With Gusto

C: With Shame. Eating something with such a low batting average has GOT to be wrong...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FoxTerrier posted:

Lies.

As you turn towards Uriah, it suddenly occurs to you that you're eating the wrong person. Sure, he's delicious. And tender. And probably excellent with a light drizzle of olive oil.

But that takes a backseat to what must be taken care of first.

Eating the Usurper.

How Will You Consume Mike Gallego, Usurper?

A: With Brown Sauce

B: With Gusto

C: With Shame. Eating something with such a low batting average has GOT to be wrong...

I know eating a person or certain parts of them is sometimes believed to grant someone their power/courage/whatever.

Are there any Old Stories in which a person consumed the energy of another person, and gained a net loss to their overall abilities as a result?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

C I don't even know who Mike is and this is still funny.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Please don't eat serspook, who is my posting buddy.

Instead might I suggest eating the members of Team Asherah, who I am only too certain would give themselves willingly to the unending hunger of the other posters.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

bonus hole boy posted:

Please don't eat serspook, who is my posting buddy.

Instead might I suggest eating the members of Team Asherah, who I am only too certain would give themselves willingly to the unending hunger of the other posters.

If they eat me, I shall only come back stronger, more powerful than ever.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

LLSix posted:

C I don't even know who Mike is and this is still funny.

Yes. Mike Gallego. The Usurper.

He must pay.

He must be eaten.

You wrap your gaping maw around Gallego's torso and savor his remarkably uncoordinated death throws. For a former member of the Colorado Rockies, this guy sure sucks at basic rhythmic movement.

But whatever. He still taste incredible.

Maw-watering.

Beyond....

Wait...

Oh, nevermind. It's fine. Anyway, he tastes AMAZ--

Urch!

Wha--?!

You wrap several dozen tentacles against your cramping stomach.

Something is wrong.

Consuming the inferior specimen of meat seems to be...seems to be doing something to you! You aren't sure what it is, but you are sure that it's wrong!

Quickly, what do you do?

A: Attempt to vomit up the skeleton of Mike Gallego. What could possibly go wrong?

B: Wait for it to pass. You're sure itll be fin--URCH!

C: Dance Party.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

C! We can dance it off!

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
E: Give in to the -URCH in the name of Ashera, that we may vomit our own skeleton a little in the name of HUNGER.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Dammerung posted:

C! We can dance it off!

With some difficulty, you pry your writing tentacles away from your multi-stomach organ, and stand straight.

No loser with a .239 batting average is going to mess with you.

No weakling with a mere 282 runs batted in can stop you.

No down-and-out flunkee with only 45 home runs to his name can stop YOUR goove.

Defiantly, you throw your many heads back, shake your tentacles and feel the rhythm of the conga beat!

You know you can dance! You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind, cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of yours, and---

--AW poo poo.

Whelp, so much for the glory of the dance, you think, and you keel over again in agony. As your stomach churns in unspeakable pain, you notice a spindly hand with a baseball mitt wrap itself around one of your razor-sharp teeth.

It can't be!

Oh, but it is.

It's Mike Gallego, pride of Mexico, coated in bestial slime pulling his way out of your stomach(s)! Unbeknownst to you, the power of the rumba must have galvanized his Latino Roots, granting him an automatic +5 Resist Digestion! Fiercely, the sub-par baseball player pulls himself out of your mouth and throws himself to the ground.

He grabs a bat, seeming from nowhere—look, don't ask, you don't want to go know—and challenges you.

"COMMITTEE OF ASHERA TYPE PEOPLE + SNARLS' REPRESENTATIVE! I CHALLENGE THEE! HAVE AT THEE! HARK! ETC!"

He rushes at you, suddenly far more agile and way less of a loser than you ever though possible. He grabs a nearby heavy object (I dunno, a battleaxe? Let's go for a battleaxe. Why not.) and swings at you.

You are weak with indigestion, crippled by having so recently consumed a sub-par soul, and not in the mood for Mexican.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

A. Offer a Truce. I don't mean it, and intend to chop him into a fine tamale later. Just wait for next time Gallego... Just.. Wait...

B. Offer a Truce. I mean it,. We go to the store to get some pepto-bismal together, and have another dance party to celebrate. Rainbows and (Demonic) Sunshine Reign. Until next time, that is.

C. THESE BULLSHIT UNFUNNY THINGS WITH PHOTOS THAT MADE ME THINK THIS WAS A REAL UPDATE STOP NOW. WE FIGHT TO THE DEATH AND END THIS. YAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
D Demand to know who our daddy is

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ralith posted:

Y can't we poop!?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Ralith posted:

You hold up a slimy tentacle to Mike Gallego and ask him to wait a moment. Shaking with angst, you take a moment to feather your hair back and fit a giant Rush t-shirt over your vast, demonic form. Fortunately, they seem to come in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXL, so it's not an issue. You apply some black eye liner, hold up a mirror to your face and say...

"WHO'S MY DADDDDDY?! WHOOOOO?!"

You begin to rant to yourself about how Tudiya isn't your REAL father. Your REAL dad would have let you eat Uriah alive WAY earlier. HE would have backed your quest for world domination, HE would have GOT you. HE wouldn't be like Tudiyah. Some poser that won't even give you an extra $50 to go to the anime Melachim convention with. Well, you'll show him..you'll show them all...and then you'll find your real daddy and---

You continue along this vein for some time. Mike Gallego stands to the side, holding his battle axe. After about 20 minutes of this though, he gradually lowers it, and starts looking around awkwardly. He shuffles his feed and coughs into his hand occassionally, but you refuse to be distracted from the task at hand.

Finally he point a finger towards the nearest void and goes, "Well, uh, I'll just show myself out them? I see you're, uh, busy, so we can get back to this later?"

You cry some more about your Real Daddy and fail to acknowledge him.

He shrugs and leaves, your duel to the death postponed for another time.

~~~You Have Defeated Mike Gallego!~~~~

~~~You have Gained +10 EXP, -10 Attractiveness to the Opposite Sex, and an Account on Something Awful~~~

Well Done!

PS:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 20, 2014

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

FoxTerrier posted:

~~~You have Gained +10 EXP, -10 Attractiveness to the Opposite Sex, and an Account on Something Awful~~~

We... are now beyond hope. We are beyond suffering. We are beyond horror. We are now Goons. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Slaan posted:

We... are now beyond hope. We are beyond suffering. We are beyond horror. We are now Goons. :suicide:

Must be what Ishamal meant when he said death would be preferable.