Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Oh god the DMV in fallout must be a nightmare.

Also I realized this is actually a questline but I can't seem to activate it. I saw on the wiki you go to Fort Venture and use the commanders terminal and that should activate the quest but nope.

You start the brotherhood questline (Defiance Has Fallen) in Abbie's Bunker by reading the "Fort Defiance" entry on her terminal. You find the bunker during the Free States part of the main quest, but you can go there anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Also I realized this is actually a questline but I can't seem to activate it. I saw on the wiki you go to Fort Venture and use the commanders terminal and that should activate the quest but nope.

Adding to what Psychedelicatessen has said, use this when you get stuck during Recruitment Blues.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Recruitment_Blues

Also, the Soldiers Certificate you got at Camp McClintock is NOT a quest item so it can be put in the stash or dropped.

If you did the former, take it out and carry it with you in your inventory.

If you did the latter, go back to the Master Sergeant and get a new one.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 7, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Psychedelicatessen posted:

You start the brotherhood questline (Defiance Has Fallen) in Abbie's Bunker by reading the "Fort Defiance" entry on her terminal. You find the bunker during the Free States part of the main quest, but you can go there anytime.

Yea i had already started that quest line, i got as far as the going into the sewers part. I started it because i need to take a photo of the fort they were using for the tourists quest. I'll check in the bunker again.

Sensenmann posted:

Adding to what Psychedelicatessen has said, use this when you get stuck during Recruitment Blues.

Also, the Soldiers Certificate you got at Camp McClintock is NOT a quest item so it can be put in the stash or dropped.

Ooh yea I probably put it in my stash as i dump all my notes and poo poo into there. Speaking of Stash, i couldn't figure out what was taking up all my space, and i searched by weight and lol 2000 railroad spikes weighs more in the stash than it does in my inventory.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Weight reducing perks and gear don't apply to items in your stash.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

I purchased and 100%'d Huniecam so quickly that I still get friends shaming me over it. And I deserve to be shamed. But I did not praise the game. I called it fucked up. That's how fucked up it is: it's up there with Princess Maker as far as poster body counts.
Soiled Meat

Sensenmann posted:

Lmao that quest has been sitting in my log on that step since launch

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

twistedmentat posted:

It is universally considered the best written quest in the game, even by those critical of 76. Enjoy it while it lasts!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Taerkar posted:

Weight reducing perks and gear don't apply to items in your stash.

Yea i knew that, I just forgot that i had that many in my stash. I them up in a random dropped lootbag that was full of ammo and other goodies.

Father Wendigo posted:

It is universally considered the best written quest in the game, even by those critical of 76. Enjoy it while it lasts!

I've actually found most of the quests pretty solid. The only questline i've completed fully is the BoS one, but i've enjoyed the rest. The Wastlanders one is kind of funny with the end goal being bring back the gold standard, but the heist part is pretty fun.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That questline should eventually handhold you through it, what does it say to do exactly now?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Elendil004 posted:

That questline should eventually handhold you through it, what does it say to do exactly now?

Once i activated the actual questline, I was able to blazed through it. The problem was I had missed the other terminal, as there are 3 in Maddies Bunker, her workstation, another womans and Maddies personal terminal, which is the one I missed. Because I had already done everything up to getting the ID registered, it skipped me right to that part. I only just discovered last night that instanced areas aren't unique. I was in the Lucky Hole mine getting lead and I keep hearing the very clear sound of other power armor and then I came across two other players farming lead there. I wonder if they would see different lead desposits than the ones I had harvested? This is why I think I didn't find any ammo bags inside the BoS part of Defiance because that's meant to be the best place in the game for them.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

In case you might have forgotten that the industry is a miserable hellscape, here's a whistleblower article about Fallout 76, the game that ate people: https://kotaku.com/bethesda-zenimax-fallout-76-crunch-development-1849033233

Some choice quotes:

quote:

The QA department was constantly losing headcount, but it wasn’t the only one. Other departments were also losing talented developers to the awful working conditions.

“I don’t know how [Bethesda] made [Skyrim]. It doesn’t make sense to me,” a former employee told Kotaku. “Like it had to have been like monkeys with a typewriter creating Shakespeare. I don’t know how things can be so chaotic and people are still able to do their jobs.”

A couple of sources Kotaku spoke with didn’t feel that the teams had a coherent direction for what Fallout 76 was supposed to be during its initial three-year development cycle. According to one source, Howard was supposed to be in charge of the game, but he spent most of his time working on Starfield, which reportedly started development after Fallout 4 shipped in 2015. One source told Kotaku that his subordinates would call it “seagulling” when he would “fly by later and poo poo all over an idea” that had popular traction within the design team. Another source felt that Howard was a decent executive producer, albeit one with a “bigger is better” design philosophy.

“As the game increased in size and scope, no additional time was ever really given for [testing],” one source told Kotaku. “A full pass of this huge multiplayer game with multiple expansions? [QA] got three days in a good week. It was one day if production issues resulted in a late build being delivered.”

“I find that absolutely disgusting that [Howard] said that [Bethesda was really managing crunch], because it means that either he was really ignorant of what was going on, or he didn’t consider QA to be a part of the studio.”

Bethesda Austin, which was tasked with helping to bring Fallout 76 to life, was well-known as a multiplayer studio, and ZeniMax Online is the sister studio that released the highly successful Elder Scrolls Online. However, two sources told Kotaku they did not believe that the two studios’ online multiplayer expertise was utilized to its fullest potential until after Fallout 76 launched. Employees with multiplayer experience said they pointed out major problems during production, but they would not be satisfactorily addressed until after the scathing reviews at launch. 

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I hate computer touchers so this makes sense as to why I like to play fallout 76. Their suffering is my pleasure.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's a a whole lot of "that's sucks, oh well". It doesn't effect my enjoyment I'm getting iur if the game. It sounds better run than MEA or Anthem.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They should learn to code.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If i bought this on steam, i couldn't transfer my character from gamepass, they're account bound?

Also I love the player economy in this game. I see a minigun plan in one store for 400 caps, then I go to another CAMP and that player has the same plan for 6000 caps. Its not like its a unique one, its just the bog standard one I found in a safe. I always try to think about who would want this plan. If someone who is new to the game I'll put it under 100 caps, like metal or combat armor plans. With something that a more advanced player (25+) would want, i make it a 200 or less. Cosmetic and event decorations I will make pricey. No one whos starting out wants a Alien Tube, but they might want plans for a combat shotgun.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Almost all my plans are sold for between 1 and 25 caps. I might ask 50 for a prime receiver or something.

I was bouncing off the cap limit in like 2 weeks of playing, what do i need more caps for really

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

titties posted:

Almost all my plans are sold for between 1 and 25 caps. I might ask 50 for a prime receiver or something.

I was bouncing off the cap limit in like 2 weeks of playing, what do i need more caps for really

Buying every single PA mod plan. That's a great way to set fire to a few hundred thousand caps.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

If i bought this on steam, i couldn't transfer my character from gamepass, they're account bound?

Link your Gamepass and Steam account to your Bethesda account and you're good to go.

2 things to know:

1) Not sure if this is still true but you should have them all linked BEFORE you launch the game from Steam or you might get one of those weird rear end hexadecimal characters and your old one is gone.

2) Everything is stored in your Beth account, only the Atoms you purchased are locked to the launcher.

Edit: It should be enough to just buy it on Steam and login to your existing Beth account when you start the game for the first time since everything is stored on the Beth servers anyways but you never know, so linking all accounts before doing the switch might be safer.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 10, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sensenmann posted:

Link your Gamepass and Steam account to your Bethesda account and you're good to go.

2 things to know:

1) Not sure if this is still true but you should have them all linked BEFORE you launch the game from Steam or you might get one of those weird rear end hexadecimal characters and your old one is gone.

2) Everything is stored in your Beth account, only the Atoms you purchased are locked to the launcher.

Cool I'll look into how to link them.

It's funny how I'm always running low on caps when I'm just farming mats or doing score dailies, but when I actually do quests I suddenly find myself with 10k caps. Yes I will buy that nuka cola paint for the t51 for 1700 caps.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Cool I'll look into how to link them.

It's funny how I'm always running low on caps when I'm just farming mats or doing score dailies, but when I actually do quests I suddenly find myself with 10k caps. Yes I will buy that nuka cola paint for the t51 for 1700 caps.

Read my edit. Linking might not be mandatory but it's safer to do. ;)

Also, don't buy the plan, just go get it yourself.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Plan:_T-51_power_armor_Nuka-Cola_paint

It's a short quest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sensenmann posted:

Read my edit. Linking might not be mandatory but it's safer to do. ;)

Also, don't buy the plan, just go get it yourself.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Plan:_T-51_power_armor_Nuka-Cola_paint

It's a short quest.

Too late! I also bought a gauss rifle plan too.

It's always super cheap on steam and I'm always a bit wary of relying on gamepass as things do leave it. Though MS bought Bethesda so I doubt that would happens. But just in case.

Edit: of course I find a gauss rifle plan in the RoboCo hq during that quest.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 11, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Finished the Gold quest. Instantly spent all my bullion on Secret Service armor and a gauss pistol. Of course the one I craft has junkie legendary on it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The secret service chestplate can have a jetpack attached to it and the secret service underarmour + shielded mod is some of the best all around underarmour in the game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Psychedelicatessen posted:

The secret service chestplate can have a jetpack attached to it and the secret service underarmour + shielded mod is some of the best all around underarmour in the game.

Yea thats why it was some of my first purchases. The inventory of the sellers at Crater and Foundation change as you improve your rep with them right? Crater has an ammo thing I want so I'll focus on doing their dailies for now. I've found you really need an active server to do the pop up events. Everyone will do a Scorchbeast queen or a Earl, but not everyone will do smaller ones which is where the treasury notes come from. Though I find Campfire Tales and the Big Teapot ones are done pretty often. Its the Distinguished Guest and the one involving the mine that people seem to hardly bother with.

The SS chestplate did reduce my DR by 22 but it gained me 60 rad and energy damage so I feel like that was a fair trade off, plus its not as heavy as a heavy metal chestplate. Also pretty sure i can get a mod for it to bring it up to where my old metal one was.

I should start doing daily ops, seems like thats a good way to get some end game armors and such. Just not do it during double mutations so I don't have a vault full of invisible regenerating super mutants.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Yea thats why it was some of my first purchases. The inventory of the sellers at Crater and Foundation change as you improve your rep with them right? Crater has an ammo thing I want so I'll focus on doing their dailies for now. I've found you really need an active server to do the pop up events. Everyone will do a Scorchbeast queen or a Earl, but not everyone will do smaller ones which is where the treasury notes come from. Though I find Campfire Tales and the Big Teapot ones are done pretty often. Its the Distinguished Guest and the one involving the mine that people seem to hardly bother with.

The SS chestplate did reduce my DR by 22 but it gained me 60 rad and energy damage so I feel like that was a fair trade off, plus its not as heavy as a heavy metal chestplate. Also pretty sure i can get a mod for it to bring it up to where my old metal one was.

I should start doing daily ops, seems like thats a good way to get some end game armors and such. Just not do it during double mutations so I don't have a vault full of invisible regenerating super mutants.

Distinguished Guests takes too long. There's your answer. ;)

For the SS armor, get all the Buttressed plans first to ramp up your stats. For the Limb materials, Ultra Light Build is best. For the Torso Misc, you want to aim for two pieces you can swap out on the go. Jetpack and Dense. Dense is an absolute light saver during ACP and explosive DOs.

Also, if you have issues with some mutations, they can all be cheesed with certain weapon types. For Melee, get a Minigun with a Shredder mod, dump all your ammo in the stash and go nuts. Perfect is a Vamp Mini with 50% more Bashing Damage. For even more destructive power, slot in the Basher perk and watch everything die as you run into it. For all other mutations/combinations, use a Flamer or an Enclave Plasma with the Flamer mod and simply melt everything down.

The Chainsaw is also good against Melee enemies but I'm not sure if this new patch is the one that allows level 50 Chainsaws or not.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
tbh the shredder minigun was good for me vs every combination of daily op, good for chameleon enemies because you just kind of face in their direction rather than worry about precise targeting
I never felt like I need a vampiric weapon for any content ever, but then I never bothered to try to run a low health character either :shrug:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ooh! I never knew the Shredder was like, turns the minigun into a buzzsaw, i thought it was just for bonking people. Yea my prime minigun has that on it because it looks cool.

Yea I was going to get the full set then start with the mods. Its always going to give you legendary pieces so thats a plus.

Man this update is taking forever, mostly due to my poo poo internet. Its good enough to play but downloads take forever.

EDIT: I only played the defend the camp from super mutants event, but i got a bonkers number of legendaries out of it, and some i'll even use. I don't know if i want to switch my 2 shot laser rifle with an ultracite one that ignores 50% of an enemies armor. Also got a tesla rifle and a .50 cal that i've been looking for.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 15, 2022

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
For those who migrated from Beth to the Steam launcher, you get 10 free Score ranks.

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land
So my wife and I finally decided to give 76 a try, and while she's pretty underwhelmed so far (she keeps asking me for tips based on my many hours in NV and 4, and I have no goddamn idea how ANYTHING works in this game), I'm enjoying it for what it is, I suppose. It feels like a jankier Fallout 4 on a level 20 character, but maybe more new stuff will reveal itself as I level. The camp system somehow makes building houses feel worse than 4, but combat and VATS actually feel pretty good - when lag isn't making me rubberband around while trying to whack monsters with a baseball bat.

I'm still trying to get my arms around the game, so to speak, but is there a good wiki people would recommend? I've found a few, but they all seem to be in various states of disrepair, either only containing the barest of bare bones info, or referencing bugs from years ago as still being active. I mean, that absolutely sounds like a Bethesda game, but part of me wants to believe that these wikis are just out of date. I suspect the truth is probably that they are 100% up to date, and this game is still a rickety mess.

Playing a non-stealth melee guy finally feels fun, I'll say that. I could never really get into the berserker "sprint at ghouls with a supersledge" style of play in the previous 3D Fallouts, and for the most part it's really satisfying now, so that's a win in my book. :unsmith:

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Same question, kind of! I don't need "how does Fallout 3/4 work" stuff, I've been through those a bunch of times, but I just yesterday started 76 and the obvious initial problem is: okay, I need to eat and drink, and I have some stuff around me that lets me fill those needs, but they generally add rads, and I don't think Radaway is cheap, and it'll be a long time before I can build that rad arch thing from FO4. I enjoy, or in fact prefer, figuring most stuff out on my own, but this is an entry-level kind of worry because I can't even dick around listening to this silly ghoul's CAMP tapes without my meters ticking down and I can't refill them without worrying about radiation, soooo... any basic advice here? (Sorry if this has a really obvious answer, I did look up a few articles and they were laughably unhelpful)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You'll be swimming in radaway so much that you will be dumping it on the ground or in boxes just to lower your weight.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As i started recently the main wiki does a good job at being updated for quests and stuff. There's a really good farming guide for all materials.
https://www.kevduit.com/fallout-76-resource-farming-guides/

Early on i found it good to have a hunting rifle, a pump action shotgun and then a 3rd weapon that was either e melee weapon or a pipe weapon. You'll get a lot of .38 ammo early on along with shotgun shells as scorched in the forest and they drop a lot of ammo for those weapons. Hunting rifle a bit less but its got such a low rate of fire its not really a big deal.

The stuff you'll be hurting for early on for screws mostly. The best sources of those are going to be typewriters and fans, which can be heavy. Also don't be afraid to join events even if you're low level, you can try to avoid dying but its not really a big issue and often the high level players will just kill everything while you hide. No one cares if you do this if you can't handle it.

Wait out for bloodbogs, stingwings and floaters. They are LITERALLY THE WORST. Hit robots in the legs, its hilarious and effective.

I always say, if you like fallout 4 you'd like fallout 76.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Elendil004 posted:

You'll be swimming in radaway so much that you will be dumping it on the ground or in boxes just to lower your weight.

Sell it at the train stations, unless you're bouncing off the cap limit.

If you're at the cap limit, leave poo poo in the cigarette machines outside train stations. Unless they've changed it recently, there's no weight cap on cigarette machines. And then maybe someone will find/use it.

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Sell it at the train stations, unless you're bouncing off the cap limit.

If you're at the cap limit, leave poo poo in the cigarette machines outside train stations.

This explains SO MUCH. I ended up at a train station today and did my usual poke through the assorted containers out front. One had about a half dozen assorted legendary weapons and armor jammed into it. They were all crap, but it's all legendary scrip, and the legendary machine was right there. I assume whoever ditched that stuff was at the scrip cap.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Morality_Police posted:

This explains SO MUCH. I ended up at a train station today and did my usual poke through the assorted containers out front. One had about a half dozen assorted legendary weapons and armor jammed into it. They were all crap, but it's all legendary scrip, and the legendary machine was right there. I assume whoever ditched that stuff was at the scrip cap.

Eviction Notice, one of the new events, is to blame for this. I was on a server that had that 3 times in a row and I got enough legendaries for 2 days out of it. Not to mention the almost obscene amount of XP.

Small advice: Look for a power armor frame or two and take them with you to store all the legendary pieces you find on them. A frame only weighs 10 lbs or whatever they use and armor pieces put on it are weightless.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Also if you're keeping those storage frames organized like I did you can rename them to roughly track what you have on it. Note that pretty much everything increases every 10 levels, especially if it doesn't start showing up until lvl 10 or so, so for shorthand a T-45 piece is only going to be lvl 25, 35, or 45, so LA44 can be a T-45 piece that's lvl 45, while RA5X is a X-01 Right Arm that's lvl 50, and so on.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I called my poo poo frames Scrip 1-3 and deemed it enough.

The ones I use are called T-65 Jetpack, T-65 EP (for Emergency Protocols), Excavator Jetpack (got several of those) and Strangler Heart.

Only thing left for me is Hellcat and getting 5 pieces of Overeaters Powered Sentinel will take ages.

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

So let me ask you this: is the legendary scrip Purveyor mostly a way to get leveling gear? Since it's all random, I assume getting good endgame equipment through scrip is inefficient compared to other methods. I've gotten a couple pretty good leveling weapons from it (including a baseball bat I'm using right now), but I can see this being an effort in frustration when I'm trying to get something specific to an endgame build with the right legendary traits.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
You can roll your own weapons/armor with Legendary Modules and Cores. The Cores you get from events, the modules you buy with Scrip from Mumbles.

Still RNG but at least you can chose the weapon/armor you want to roll/reroll.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i haven't used the legendary gatcha in forever, but I did get a good combat rifle and my two shot laser rifle came from that. I also got an arm that got rid of rads when not in combat that I used way longer than I probably should have.

The quadruple tesla gun i got is way too much during events with hoards of enemies. The Moonshine one in particular. I also got the minigun from Eviction Notice, so now i have 2, one prime and Foundations Revenge. I might get rid of my .50 cal as its legendary effect is gormund which is fun but i am constantly running out of space in my stash for all these extra weapons. I'll probably dump my prime handmade though.

So i joined the Enclave and i need to get to general to get to launch nukes and get the power armor. Do legendary enemies and scorch beasts count if its during events? And are nuclear keycards and the key fragments i get from the officers two different methods of launching nukes or are they part of the same thing?

EDIT: Yes legendary enemies killed during events count, but only if they're 3*.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Yea i haven't used the legendary gatcha in forever, but I did get a good combat rifle and my two shot laser rifle came from that. I also got an arm that got rid of rads when not in combat that I used way longer than I probably should have.

The quadruple tesla gun i got is way too much during events with hoards of enemies. The Moonshine one in particular. I also got the minigun from Eviction Notice, so now i have 2, one prime and Foundations Revenge. I might get rid of my .50 cal as its legendary effect is gormund which is fun but i am constantly running out of space in my stash for all these extra weapons. I'll probably dump my prime handmade though.

So i joined the Enclave and i need to get to general to get to launch nukes and get the power armor. Do legendary enemies and scorch beasts count if its during events? And are nuclear keycards and the key fragments i get from the officers two different methods of launching nukes or are they part of the same thing?

EDIT: Yes legendary enemies killed during events count, but only if they're 3*.

You need the Keycards to actually launch a nuke. The code pieces, not so much. You can do it once the legit way, which means hunting down the Officers, getting the silo pieces and decrypting the whole thing but, ultimately, you don't need to.

https://nukacrypt.com/

Go there for the weekly codes.

For the first time in a silo, without photomode glitching and cutting the whole run short, bring Stimpacks and enough ammo. There are a lot of bots in there, so a Troubleshooter weapon and/or armor or the Chinese Stealth suit helps a lot. Sneak as much as you can and during the launch prep stage, try to stay as stationary as possible. The amount of bots the game throws at you during the final phase depends on how loud you are and how much you move around. Also keep in mind that Assaultrons are allergic to getting kneecapped. ;)

Also, and I can't stress this enough, make sure you use the correct code for the silo you are in and bring 1 extra keycard. If you run Alpha, you need the code for Alpha. Not the one for Bravo or Charlie. Sounds obvious but you wouldn't be the first to enter the wrong code after you had your first successful run. :)

Finally, Silos are NOT instanced. Anyone can go in and blast past you to launch before you at any given time. Happens, try a different silo or jump servers.

Since Scorched Earth is currently broken and gives no quest rewards it might be a good time to get it done now since most fling nukes for the Flux and repair kits anyways.