Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

my birthday is coming up and I kind of want to create the Biden picture but somehow with my hair catching fire.

is this advisable??/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

to stay relevant, biden should do the six month old meme, from the sitcom that's been off the air for 16 years, of the 25 year old kevin james' publicity still, in front of a bombed out gaza. i think that'll help with the youth.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

The Leck posted:

if Morrissey just stuck to talking about US politics, he'd be absolutely beloved.

of the insane racist british musicians who somehow have good takes on America i'll take him over Eric Clapton any day

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Willa Rogers posted:

I still have those drat concert posters for the public enemy and smiths (?) shows they had for him. They're in a corner of a closet & should prolly go into the destined-for-goodwill bag.

Yeah got the rage against yhe machine Bernie one I should throw that out

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

It was The Strokes. close enough

Also that shirt. The design is pretty good tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

(a) oh no not her commentary, jokes, and observations
(b) "most of us?" :thunk:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
You mock her, but Bread & Roses is blowing up!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

postin' is praxis and you gotta post on the right billionaire's postin' webpage to fight for democracy or killing kids or trashing the environment

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Vim Fuego posted:

You mock her, but Bread & Roses is blowing up!

literally, presumably?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So if Biden strokes out do we get Newsom or Bloomberg on the ballot to lose to Trump since there is no time for a primary so they'll just pick one?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

eSports Chaebol posted:

of the insane racist british musicians who somehow have good takes on America i'll take him over Eric Clapton any day

well yeah Morrissey at least made good music lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1727025659787317561

hmm

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the biden admin have invented a new kind of death camp for immigrants:

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/21/1213597119/border-patrol-migrants-unofficial-camps-jacumba-california-desert

quote:

This is how every day for the past few months, coyotes drop off over 300 migrants at a miles-long gap in the border wall in the Southern California desert. When the migrants cross it, they find themselves on the outskirts of the tiny community of Jacumba, population about 600. They end up at camps like this one, an open field near the highway, where Border Patrol has told them to wait. Activists and locals say it's a humanitarian disaster. And they say no one is helping.

The camps where the people are being taken by Border Patrol are a dystopian sight. At one of them, about 150 adults and children huddle together for warmth.

A Kurdish man, Ramazan Bicer, says he crossed over early this morning. He talks about government persecution and poverty in Turkey, where he's from. He says his plan is to remain in the U.S. "My plan is just ... get my green card and stay here all of my life. We will stay. We don't have any other choice."

Most people in this camp on this morning are Kurdish. But there are also many from Latin America.

One woman from Honduras says she left home because she received threats for being gay. She breaks down crying: She hasn't spoken to her family since she left a month ago. "I won't tell them I made it," she says, "until I'm out of here."

Looking around at the makeshift tents that migrants have built with tarps, rocks and gathered wood, this looks like a refugee camp. One where someone might expect to see the Red Cross. The National Guard. Doctors Without Borders.

Migrants and volunteers told NPR that every single day, Border Patrol finds hundreds of people who have made their way through the gap, drops them off at these camps and tells them to stay put. They are told if they leave, they will get deported.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

well yeah Morrissey at least made good music lol

Cream's pretty loving good, I dunno.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Biden's lost the left with genocide support

He's going to lose the right if he supports any kind of hostage exchange

centrism ftw

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
welcome to government persecution and poverty, except Here!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
grow up, its not like biden has any control over ICE or the US Border Patrol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

this is more like the Trump/Romney uncomfortable dinner pic

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Cream is good but of the three members Clapton easily the worst at his instrument

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Cream is good but of the three members Clapton easily the worst at his instrument

Yeah, but that's also Jimmy Page in Led Zeppelin.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

oh no how will we ever survive with rubin only posting self-serving links to the stories she gifts others to juke her numbers. :qq:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lol

https://twitter.com/itsmoemen/status/1727032114812715035

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, but that's also Jimmy Page in Led Zeppelin.

tbh it's kinda Jimmy Page and Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

grow up, its not like biden has any control over ICE or the US Border Patrol

lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Genocide John posted:

I said this the other day: Again, people can say what they want on — on the sidewalk and that — and we respect that. That’s what the First Amendment is about.

But this word “genocide” is getting thrown around in a pretty inappropriate way by lots of different folks.

lol, I'd bet anything he was one of the spooks who had a hand in censoring tweets when people posted stuff that "undermined" our trustworthy government.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

tbh it's kinda Jimmy Page and Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin

Yeah it feels weird to say but Robert Plant was definitely the weak link in Zeppelin

Sometimes a band's charismatic frontman who writes great music also just kind of has a weird-sounding voice and their songs are better if someone else sings them. Many such cases (lookin at you Corgan)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm not sure it's necessarily the case with Cream, though; that was during Clapton's lucid period before he became very bad at songwriting, very mediocre on guitar, and very embarrassing in public, and his voice is pretty inoffensive

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

Yes, it worked at the time. I'm just tickled that Jay Inslee has his goons out there claiming that single moms & waiters owe the state $50,000 three years later because his agency can't be bothered to do their jobs right

yeah, clawbacks suck poo poo & shouldn't be allowed, bc they hit those who can least afford them.

when I was on medicaid a few years ago I started earning more thru self-employment about a half-year into my second year & when I called to remove myself they said that never happens. I told them I didn't want to get a bill from the state the following year that I wouldn't be able to afford to pay back & that I was months away from Medicare eligibility anyway.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if you don't think what elon has been doing over the past year can be described as self-destructing idk what to tell you

tell me "willa was right once again" when he manages to outlast everyone else.

also tell me how twitter was so much better when the "good" billionaire owner allowed the government to secretly disappear content, hired a bunch of spooks to help the secret project, and got millions of dollars in government money to backdoor the letter agencies into controlling it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Thoguh posted:

So if Biden strokes out do we get Newsom or Bloomberg on the ballot to lose to Trump since there is no time for a primary so they'll just pick one?

the AKAs would like to have a word with you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fun fact: Pattie Boyd, George Harrison's ex-wife who divorced him and married Eric Clapton, was the inspiration for two pretty good songs (Something and Layla) and two horrible songs (Wonderful Tonight and Wild Honey Pie)

ok she wasn't the INSPIRATION for Wild Honey Pie, a song with basically no lyrics; it just only made it onto the album because she was present during the meeting about it and said she liked it so it's her fault

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Excelzior posted:

Biden's lost the left with genocide support

He's going to lose the right if he supports any kind of hostage exchange

centrism ftw

he's jim hightower's dead armadillo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anyway, nevertrumpers are succ now so I'm gonna keep doing this

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1726415986138464387

lmao that civil disobedience is "authoritarian"

does bill kristol post in D&D

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

loquacius posted:

Anyway, nevertrumpers are succ now so I'm gonna keep doing this

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1726415986138464387

lmao that civil disobedience is "authoritarian"

does bill kristol post in D&D

How dare people not love us for continuing genocide this is violence

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

willa was right once again about the libs criminalizing protest against the left as well as against the right. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bishyaler posted:

lmao, they don't even care about if the outcome is good, they just want the ability to feel like they had a say in it.

This came up explicitly when I was talking about this stuff with my parents a few days ago. My dad said that, under Biden, "maybe our country would still be ruled by oligarchs, but it would at least feel like a democracy."

The one advantage to talking with people who haven't been forged in the internet debate mines is that they aren't used to policing their own words and will let the truth slip out like that.