Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
[Sephiroth voice]

rainy day posted:

I know we've had some harsh words, but I think it's important that I come clean and tell you how I really feel:
i don't dislike you, i dont hate you, the emotions i feel about you are beyond hate, beyond dislike, the emotions i feel about you are so strong that there really are no words to describe how much i completely and utterly despise you. every single post you make is unfunny, uninformative, and uninteresting. you have the worst gbs tendencies. when someone calls you out on being a lovely poster you 'role with the punches' you act like it's part of a game. do you think you're being funny? or are you just trying to block out the realization that you are completely and utterly reviled by everyone. every single poster in both tmt and transchat who is at all worth a drat has told you to get the gently caress out. most people would get the hint at some point. most people would think 'hmmm, maybe i should stop and think about this.' most reasonable people would probably take a break from posting, or at least try to figure out what they were doing wrong. maybe try to make better posts in the future. maybe even apologize for being a loving piece of poo poo? not you. you just keep posting the same dumb loving bullshit that you always do. even when everyone in the thread is telling you to get the gently caress out every time you make a thread. you actually think you're clever. you actually think "haha, drat im good, trolling all these peeps and making them angry." you are loving pathetic. you're beyond pathetic. you're stupid beyond beleif and completely unaware of reality. ive said it before but it bears repeating: you disgust me. you are the worst poster lf has ever had, quite possibly the worst poster ever tog race all of SA. maybe event he entire internet. most terrible posters are at least worth laughing at. not you. all your posts do is elicite a groan of disgust from everyone who reads them or worse; you're "advice" in tmt where you told people in incredibly vulnerable mental states to do copious amounts of LSD and ecstasy wasn't just stupid, unfunny and terrible; if every sane person in the thread hand't spoken up you'd probably be DIRECTLY responsible for the deaths of several real human beings. you probably just think of other posters as atonomatons on the internet, but they are real live human beings. real human beings who's lives you were perfectly willing to calously misguide and destroy. earlier in another thread i said you deserved a "kick in the vag", i was being nice. the only rational thing to do with you is to lock you up in a padded room and throw away the key so that you can never embarras, bore or hurt anyone ever again, including yourself because, while you may think you're being clever loving up other people's lives and making terrible posts, the one you're really hurting is yourself. i know you feel empty inside, i understand what it feels like to have posting be your only release. the only thing that makes you feel truly alive, but the kind of posts you make, the thinsg you post about. this doesn't help anyone, least of all your self. your posts, to put it bluntly, suck in every way imaginable. you should get out, kill yourself and anything else that might make you stop posting the stupid crap you do that shits up lf and the internet in general. i'd be willing to bet, in fact, that lowtax and fyad decided to do this rfa bullshit based almost entirely on your posts. in your sick mind you probably consider that accomplishment, you probably think you're clever, you probably feel fulfilled, but you shouldn't. some people post to make people mad, but they do it in a way that's funny. you dont. your posts are not funny, they are boring and stupid and dangerous. you need to stop. stop posting. never post again. ever. you may think this sounds harsh, but i write not in vitriol, i am not a bad person, i write this because even though i know it is useless, i feel that i must at least TRY to make you understand, for your sake, and everyone elses.

love and kisses, rainy day

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Jst0rm posted:

of course this morbidly fat gently caress is outraged Mcdonalds is closed.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

he got insane from a car accident where he accidentally killed someone and then fat from that, apparently

Flavahbeast posted:

oh my god, he ate them?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

bob dobbs is dead posted:

foot fetishes are completely and unfortunately biological in origin. the cortical homonculus is the only part of the perceptual cortex we've localized (that is, figured out what all the bits are for. literally by just opening peeps skulls up w/ local-only anesthesia and poking with mild electrodes and asking them what they feel) and the genitals part is right next to the foot part

Ghostlight posted:

where all the people trying to walk on they dick

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rainbow Knight posted:

I dreamed I was watching the news and they were talking about a big parade that was coming up. One of the news people was like, "A lot of kids are dressing up as the character from [some movie I can't remember the name of]." It cuts to a shot of a movie still where the actor Tom Holland is a snake-themed super hero. He's wearing a costume that I can only describe as a long red sock but his little British face is sticking out of the top. His hands are folded and resting on the top of his head while his elbows are out so he's making what I think is supposed to be the shape of the hood of a desert cobra. The newscaster continues, "A word of caution though: be aware that you could end up like the actor himself." They cut to a bird's eye view of Tom Holland wearing his snake-man costume but it's somehow more homemade looking and he's yelling and having a good time in, like, Time Square or something. Suddenly a big loving monster snake comes out of nowhere, tries to mate with him, gets frustrated, and swallows him whole.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

A few years back, CineD did some competition where people had to write film analysis about a random film and topic, does anyone know if the essays were saved anywhere of if theres a masterpost linking them?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The knowledge that this is someone's fetish worse than the fetish itself.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Platystemon posted:

Metallurgy doesn’t get the appreciation it deserves.

There’s all this attention paid to flashy developments in electricity and æronautics and medicine in the twentieth century, and when we talk about materials science, it’s just one word: plastics.

In almost no time at all, we went from boilers exploding and airships falling from the sky in “acts of god”, to understanding the structures of metals and being able to build things that just don’t fail like that anymore.

LifeSunDeath posted:

what do you guys want, a metal?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What thread is that in case it throws my unread posts off

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

OSHA thread

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

A few years back, CineD did some competition where people had to write film analysis about a random film and topic, does anyone know if the essays were saved anywhere of if theres a masterpost linking them?

That would be the Subtext Game but it looks like the google drive links are dead :ohdear:

I went ahead and reuploaded my winning Under the Skin essay from 2014; afaik there hasn't been another Game since but I remain prepared to defend my title

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

VROOM VROOM posted:

That would be the Subtext Game but it looks like the google drive links are dead :ohdear:

I went ahead and reuploaded my winning Under the Skin essay from 2014; afaik there hasn't been another Game since but I remain prepared to defend my title

Thats something at least, thanks :unsmith:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Milo and POTUS posted:

Clicking quote markers to navigate shouldn’t change unread values any more, I thought?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

OP, mewling]: "im concerned about a violent radicalized culture festering in CSPAM, somewhere probably"

extremely badass Games poster]: The owner of Something Awful should be executed

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I was also inspired:

EDIT: un-timg'ed the imgs

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

infernal machines posted:

i think lowtax is a bit shorter now

Maed posted:

-6 feet doesn't work sadly

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Large Testicles posted:

Every single one of you who is like "I know how to train cats and here's how," I'm here to say that cats are Libertarians and they're pure evil. Cute, but pure evil.

Whybird posted:

It's easy to train libertarians, too. Ring a school bell and they start salivating.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That poo poo didn't need our assistance, he ran himself into the ground.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tricky Ed posted:

Keith David played Julius in the first Saints Row, in which he gives the player character the nickname "Playa," as in player, as both a meta thing and as a way to get around the player character having no name. He spent an entire game pronouncing playa in that way, plus additional appearances in other entries in the series.

And yet, in an audio log you can find in Saints Row 4, he pronounces the word playa as though it were the Spanish word for beach, when referring to the player's actions. You'd think that everyone involved would know how Julius referred to the player character, but it slipped past because the read kind of made sense and was probably recorded out of order. Games are hard.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

He probably just wanted to point out what a little beach the player character was being.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Zero VGS posted:

Nyetscape Navigator

Zil posted:

How long have you been waiting for this day?

Edit:

I'm a sucker for username jokes/exchanges.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 14:09 on Mar 16, 2022

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's amazing the person even saw the joke.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I assume folks with good pun names have an automated script constantly searching for mentions just so they can drop in like that

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It serves Dick Trauma very well.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It serves Dick Trauma very well.

I think Dick Trauma just frequents the kinds of threads that are likely to provide a good setup for a username gag.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have this weird ability to summon forums user KnifeWrench seemingly at will, by making rude comments on the usability of certain combination tools.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lobok posted:

It's amazing the person even saw the joke.

From experience someone probably paged him to the thread. I've gotten a couple "quick, un/post joke opportunity!" dms for my name

If you aren't alerting people to opportunities like thatz you are robbing us all

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think that’s the one about the pigeons.

I don‘t know what I don’t look it up. I’ll look stupid if I don’t recall the correct association of a four‐digit number.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
gently caress

1149 is pigeons

2324 is coffee

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I deeply regret choosing a meaningless username without any pun potential.

Could have been a dilz pickle or something but no

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

People don't talk about Final Fantasy 4 enough for me to be topical.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Outrail posted:

Same, I don't even have a decent syllable split

More like Outfail

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i took my name from a videogame too, but i have have seen another user with a better username from the same game, so of course i must defer to them if we ever find ourselves in conflict, that's true forums etiquette

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Once there was a "post your username as a picture" thread and someone posted "well I'm leaving before A GIANT SPIDER sees this"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:cop: Internetz police :cop:

Nikeffo posted:

Well, the laws in Norway has changed and now private companies can easily get your IP from the ISPs and then effectivly get you banned from the net if you download awsome TV and games from pages like The Pirate Bay etc.

Off course VPN, is a good solution, but there is alot of people who won't use TPB because this site is on the top of the hitlist for the internet nazis.

So, if there good and safe alternatives out there for people who belive that the internetgestapo should loose their jobs, families and health hunting shadows and myths? What I'm really asking is: What is the best torrentsite on the net? :allears:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

Whatup can-never-participate-in-relevant-username-puns buddy

Mine is the short form of a SN I used to have on long dead boards (or ones I was kicked off of), but in and of itself it doesn't mean a drat thing that I'm aware of

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I caught a random ferret post once or twice, but in the end it wasn't worth the constant accusations of being a 14 year old furry

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Splicer posted:

Same, I don't even have a decent syllable split

More like Outfail

:(

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Phy posted:

Whatup can-never-participate-in-relevant-username-puns buddy

Mine is the short form of a SN I used to have on long dead boards (or ones I was kicked off of), but in and of itself it doesn't mean a drat thing that I'm aware of

time to start getting really cranky about networking in sh/sc: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_layer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

RFC2324 posted:

From experience someone probably paged him to the thread. I've gotten a couple "quick, un/post joke opportunity!" dms for my name

If you aren't alerting people to opportunities like thatz you are robbing us all

Maybe I've got some homies in GWS who will send me a primo opportunity to swoop in on someone talking about Chinese radish.