Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

DariusLikewise posted:

interest hike incoming!!!!!!!!!!!

oh poo poo they finally doing this???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1496695915482071042

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

oh poo poo they finally doing this???

allegedly

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1496683861639639047?s=20&t=P6B5zZOA-XbjfX7iUkUzkw

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

meh economists have been saying that for over a year tho, they are really more suggesting it because it helps their clients bottom lines but who knows, anythings possible these days, our leadership is full of fools and morons

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

national post are loving ghouls

https://twitter.com/nationalpost/status/1496860644976566283

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
you'd be a real donbass if you weren't excited about east coast LNG opportunities.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:17 on Oct 29, 2022

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

Apparently the EU has to decide tomorrow whether to continue to receive shipments from Gazprom through pipelines in Ukraine :newlol:

thoroughly debating exactly how limp their limpdick response should be

the options currently on the table are "flaccid", "i was in the pool" and "frightened turtle"

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

wonder if Germany regrets mothballing all those reactors now

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
okay Alberta, now that oil is up again remember to save some of your oil money this time!

Alberta, not looking away from the F150 and snowmobile dealership: huh? yeah sure whatever

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

prom candy posted:

okay Alberta, now that oil is up again remember to save some of your oil money this time!

Alberta, not looking away from the F150 and snowmobile dealership: huh? yeah sure whatever

dont forget jetskis - low interest rates and 14 year financing means it's almost free to your rear end on a jetski today!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:17 on Oct 29, 2022

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Futanari Damacy posted:

Not this again

they aren't wrong, it's dumb and super hypocritical of germany to shutter nuclear programs and happily slurp down french power from nuclear reactors right across the border

i don't think it would have much of an impact on the current scenario though

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

mediaphage posted:

they aren't wrong, it's dumb and super hypocritical of germany to shutter nuclear programs and happily slurp down french power from nuclear reactors right across the border

i don't think it would have much of an impact on the current scenario though

just looking at the German energy crisis which current events will exascerbate

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/jkenney/status/1496937435049168897

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hahahhaha dictator oil

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
FREEDOM OIL

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Your dick? Tater oil

My dick? Wrapped :tinfoil:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

pinstripes aren't really working in Kenney's favour

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Wait I thought Trudeau was a dictator. Does this mean our oil is bad as well? *short circuits*

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The same news media that wants me to work for peanuts while doing nothing to protect anybody from an ongoing plague wants me to care a lot about Russia's attack on Ukraine. I've also noticed that Canada has a lot of Ukrainian nazis milling around, includes people with familial ties to nazis and their collaborators in our government and often provides material support to militarized nazis in Ukraine. My first impulse is condemn what Russia is doing because they are a gangster state run by an rear end in a top hat, but on the other hand I kind of feel like I shouldn't give a poo poo (beyond of course basic ethical concerns like "bombing civies is wrong"). Am I poo poo? I'm poo poo aren't I.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Tighclops posted:

The same news media that wants me to work for peanuts while doing nothing to protect anybody from an ongoing plague wants me to care a lot about Russia's attack on Ukraine. I've also noticed that Canada has a lot of Ukrainian nazis milling around, includes people with familial ties to nazis and their collaborators in our government and often provides material support to militarized nazis in Ukraine. My first impulse is condemn what Russia is doing because they are a gangster state run by an rear end in a top hat, but on the other hand I kind of feel like I shouldn't give a poo poo (beyond of course basic ethical concerns like "bombing civies is wrong"). Am I poo poo? I'm poo poo aren't I.

No, my family is Ukrainian and this is kinda where I am at the moment too.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i care about it in much the same way that i care about things like climate change. it is awful and i feel bad for the people directly involved and affected by it but there's literally nothing i can do. putin's awful and it's pretty clear that even a lot of russia isn't exactly pleased by this turn of events

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Tighclops posted:

I'm in a similar boat where I think between Ukraine's Nazi problem, and the 20 year hellwar in Afghanistan just coming to an end a few monthes back... I don't give a gently caress. I feel bad for the citizens caught in the crossfire, but... I'm sorry, I just can't dredge up the strength to actually give a gently caress about this current crisis.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Randalor posted:

I'm in a similar boat where I think between Ukraine's Nazi problem, and the 20 year hellwar in Afghanistan just coming to an end a few monthes back... I don't give a gently caress. I feel bad for the citizens caught in the crossfire, but... I'm sorry, I just can't dredge up the strength to actually give a gently caress about this current crisis.

especially when our governments aren’t serious about either deescalation or actually defending Ukraine.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
governments arent serious about any of the multitude of domestic crises either

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/umfa_faum/status/1496859205298319363?s=21

the party of fiscal responsibility

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Also the party of charter rights.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Pallister has to be one of the stupidest people to ever sit as Premier. A genuine narcissistic lunatic. All this effort fighting the U of M union, after they already had a strike in 2017. To what end? Does every single union need to be broken for capital to get an erection again? The university is already sitting on a boatload of cash. They are offloading more and more teaching to contract instructors, while useless $200k administrative positions multiply themselves. So why did they need to play hardball, only to end up losing in court?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

especially when our governments aren’t serious about either deescalation or actually defending Ukraine.

aren't serious?? my man the HMCS Halifax is being deployed. to a NATO fleet that isn't doing poo poo. in late march.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
much like the occupation of ottawa, probably no one could have foreseen this

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Tighclops posted:

yep

EDIT: Yep, as in I agree

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 06:50 on Feb 25, 2022

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hell yeah!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

i feel like that response may be more ambiguous than you intended

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I agree with that sentiment

Haha yeah I can see how that wasn't clear

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tighclops posted:

getting western influences out of Ukraine will save Ukrainian lives long term. we have no business there

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

infernal machines posted:

much like the occupation of ottawa, probably no one could have foreseen this

*quietly archives the interview in 2005 of Putin directly saying if NATO expands into Ukraine there is going to be trouble*

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

*quietly archives the interview in 2005 of Putin directly saying if NATO expands into Ukraine there is going to be trouble*

russia isn't allowed to have interests history is over :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

like that’s the part that really sticks out to me. If you are going to antagonize Putin’s Russia by carving off their neighbours into NATO and effectively isolate them, being surprised they are willing to use force to counter that comes off as poking a bear and then getting offended when it mauls you. If Ukraine joining NATO or aligning to the west against Russia is a worthwhile thing and not just a way to funnel more national budgets into F35s to pad Lockheed profit margins, then mobilize, get ready to defend this place you’ve participated in destabilizing as much as the other side. Or don’t antagonize Russia in the first place.

instead we get the worst of both paths, escalation with no response. It’s cowardly and catastrophic for the people of Ukraine.