Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug
Directed by: Allan A. Goldstein
Starring: Leslie Nielsen

Something went wrong, and it's up to Leslie Neilsen to either fix it, or make a mess of things. He sure does make a mess of things, to hilarious results.

Not quite the same calibre as some Zuckers, Abraham, Zuckers films (eg, Scary Movie 3, Naked Gun 2.5) but some jokes are along the same lines: Leslie Neilsen getting the wrong end of the stick, irony, sight gags, and crude sexual humour.

Opinion seems split. Either you'll bust your pants laughing, or you'll hate it.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0157262/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

entity119
May 13, 2003
Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts.
Such a poor film, poor Leslie seems to be getting the shaft an awful lot of late :(

jc dracula
Nov 7, 2001
In writing, directing, editing, and performance, I've seen few films that fail as utterly as this one. Watch it if you want to feel bad.

RexDart
Apr 13, 2003

This is a terrible, terrible movie. As recent "comedies" go, this one is almost as bad as Little Nicky, but at least this film admits that it's just a shameless excuse to put it's star on your screen. If it had any greater pretentions, it could have been much much worse.

But thankfully, no film with Leslie Nielsen in it takes itself too seriously. Even the title realizes the film is bad. ("Your website is aptly named, as it truly is something awf....)

Leslie Nielsen has been in some real stinkers outside of the Naked Gun series. But even something like Repossessed, or to a lesser extent Dracula: Dead and Loving It, had some enjoyable moments, at least a few points where the gags succeeded. Not so with 2001: A Space Travesty, which failed thoroughly and consistently, on all levels.

fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

This is quite a horrible film. My friends and I decided to rent this during a drinking session and we were very disappointed.

The only decent part is when Nielsen accidentally breaks the entire space station miniature, which we all thought was extremely funny (though fairly drunk at the time).

For a much better movie, I recommend Wrongfully Accused, which is hilarious.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
The first 5 minutes were quite enjoyable, with the standard Naked Gun- esque humour:
Cop to bankrobbers: "Throw away your arms"
*shot of real arms flying through the air*

Unfortunately, that was about the only good scene in the whole movie.

I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone, especially if you're expecting to laugh. Save your money, or better yet, rent Naked Gun 1,2, 33 1/3 or Police Squad (in color!) instead.

1 / 5

stomachpancake
Nov 18, 2003

I'm fucking Lady Jaye.
I had the extreme displeasure of seeing this gigantic waste of time and talent on Comedy Central a while ago. This movie is bad beyond belief. Watch any of the Naked Gun movies instead.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Rather than direct-to-tv, this seems to be made specifically for the recently-created 'Made for Region 8' captive audience, DVD category.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 4, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danimus007
Jan 28, 2004

by Ozma
Absolutely every "joke" made me embarassed for whoever said it. Also, I love how the "OMG AMAZINGLY HOT CHICK" isn't really that hot. At all.