Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Directed by: Robert Zemeckis
Starring: Tom Hanks

quote:

IMDB:

The story follows the life of low I.Q. Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) and his meeting with the love of his life Jenny. The film chronicles his accidental experiences with some of the most important people and events in America from the late 1950's through the 1970's including a meeting with Elvis Presley, JFK, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, fighting in Vietnam, etc. The problem is, he's too stupid to realize the significance of his actions. Forrest becomes representative of the baby boomer generation having walked through life blindly.

A winner of 6 oscars including Best Picture and Best Directing, this is quite possibly one of my all-time favorite movies. Tom Hanks is definitely perfect for the role and his win for Best Actor was well-deserved. Although some may disagree due to his type of character but that's another story.

I saw this movie when I was barely 8 years old, a 2.5 hour long movie is quite a long time. It was definitely one of the few movies that always kept me interested during my childhood. It had good comedic parts such as his meeting with JFK as well as sad parts with Bubba Gump. The romance was intact between him and Robin. There was good CG effects as well.

A mos def. 5/5 for me.

PROS: A good drama/comedy for the family
CONS: Nothing noted.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109830/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

He asked my religion and I replied "agnostic." He asked how to spell it, and remarked with a sigh: "Well, there are many religions, but I suppose they all worship the same God."
This movie doesn't really have much of a "message" but it's a good story and well done. Entertaining and heartwarming but it doesn't leave the audience with much. Worth watching but not worth much else: 3.5/5

Frank Zappa
Feb 6, 2004

Electric Aunt Jemima - Goddess of Love
VERY, VERY good movie. One of the best movies ever made. I'd argue that it has many messages. But, probably the two most famous are, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get," and "stupid is as stupid does."

5/5.

Moosk
Nov 15, 2003
I liked this movie a lot, even though it condemned me to 15 years of Forrest Gump jokes.

I still get asked what my last name is, as though they are hoping it's Gump.

trigross
Mar 23, 2004

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.
I felt that it was an unrealistic view of what it is to be mentally challenged in America.

But, it was a really cool movie.

NokkonWud
Dec 26, 2003
Personally I don't see how this film can be classed as a comedy when it's more clearly a drama, but that aside, WHAT A FILM!

Everything about this film is fantastic, from the direction to the acting, from the cinematography to the soundtrack.

Tom Hanks gives his best performance infront of the camera (and thats saying something) with a more than air tight performance from Gary Srnice.

Full Marks.

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues
This is way more of a Drama than a comedy.

Amazing film, though. Acting is top notch, soundtrack is well-done, solid and interesting plotline.

I really enjoyed this movie.

4.5/5

Bean Bandit
Jan 25, 2003

Great movie, it made even me sad.

aarontxwl
Apr 21, 2003

aarontxwl fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 16, 2011

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
A perfect film, part of the "Films That Made Rocco Cry Trilogy" (The other two being Old Yeller and of course, Follow That Bird).

5!

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

Excellent movie.

nice mattimer
Mar 3, 2008

the wind that shakes the buttcheeks
Forrest Gump may have only had an IQ of 75, but he taught Elvis how to dance, became a star football player, earned the medal of honor, improved sino-american relations via pingpong, exposed the watergate scandal, inspired John Lennon's "Imagine", ran for three years, two months, fourteen days and sixteen hours, started a company that became a household name, became a go'zillionaire, and most importantly, was a kindhearted person and a loving husband and father. Now imagine what you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
An amazing movie. It's one of those movies that really can't be fit into a single category- sometimes it's a comedy, sometimes it's a drama, sometimes it's even a historical/documentary type of film. We watched it not too long ago, and the movie has aged very well.

5/5!

melon cat fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 1, 2011