Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Directed by: Les Blank
Starring: Werner Herzog

Well, it's pretty self-explanatory. Werner Herzog, director of Aguirre, The Wrath of God and other movies, made a bet with some guy that he would never wind up making a movie he was talking about. Specifically, he said that if the movie was made, he'd eat his shoe. Well, the movie was made, it was a documentary about pet cemetaries, and Herzog decided to eat his shoe in front of an audience and a camera. He hires a professional chef to cook it up, and while eating it he talks about some of his movies (he even mentions another similar promise to jump on a cactus made during the filming of Even Dwarfs Started Small), as well as moviemaking in general. The best part, though, is that he eats a shoe. Good entertainment!

RATING: 4.0

PROS: A pretty well-known director eating a shoe.
CONS: Very short, doesn't cover much besides exactly what you'd imagine from the title.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081746/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
For those who don't know and who haven't seen it, the director he bets won't produce his first movie is the one and only Errol Morris, director of the oscar winning Fog of War. The movie he bets he won't make is Gates of Heaven.

This movie is pretty interesting, as I always like to hear what Herzog has to say as he has very interesting views on the arts and things in general. Took me a good while to find a copy but yeah I got it, worth watching.

3.5/5