Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aberration
Sep 11, 2001
Directed by: Rob Cohen
Starring: Vin Diesel, Samuel L. Jackson, Marton Csokas

What we have here is a classic Vin Diesel action flick. The opening scene is probably the best in the entire movie because it sets itself up as funny, clever and thrilling; sadly we only get a very brief glimpse into Xander's world before he has to, gasp! SAVE THE PLANET!

I would go more into the story but there really isn't much point. The movie has some cool, yet totally unrealistic action scenes involving hot cars, tons of snow and many, many explosions.

All in all its worth a rental if need a Diesel/mindless action flick.

RATING: 3

PROS: Lots of action, stuff gets blowed up, cool cars.
CONS: Weak acting, predictable, lots of :rolleyes: moments.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295701/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I honestly thought it was a horrible movie, not even the action could redeem it in any way, shape, or form. I laughed through some and cringed at the rest.

1/5

NADZILLA
Dec 16, 2003
iron helps us play
The worst goddamn movie I've ever seen.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Rob Cohen tried to combine the spy genre with punk culture and he failed miserably. Unfortunatley for Vin Diesel this was his worst and most well-known role. What's hosed up is that Diesel, in real life, owns his own videogame company and is a big D&D nerd, but his characters still spouts lines like "I learned to shoot playing First Person Shooter" and "start thinking Playstation!"

2/5, mindless and lame

Lankiveil
Feb 23, 2001

Forums Minimalist
I more or less went into this film expecting an incredibly stupid action romp, and that's more or less what I got. It's incredibly over the top in some places, and a lot of the dialogue is cringeworthy, but when it comes down to it, if you want to see car chases and explosions, this movie pretty much fits the bill.

I don't know if I'd pay money to see it again, but if there was nothing else on TV I might watch it.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I gave it a 1/5 and not a .5/5 because Sammy J has one cool line. That was the only good part of this movie.

Plot, acting, action, directing, sets... everything sucks. Apparently the director/producer/writers thought that James Bond wasn't cool enough for kids nowadays, and they need to be a hardcore 2FAST2FURIOUS type action hero. Sadly (but not surprisingly) it sucks. Even Vin Diesel of Pitch Black, and loving Sammy J can't save this movie.

If you want a spy movie go see James Bond.

doctor 7 fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 9, 2004

Pitnicker
Apr 6, 2004

This is one of those movies that's so awful it's just plain bad. It's predictable, clichéd, and has some really corny dialogue. It's so bad it doesn't even really have any camp value.

1.5/5

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Incredibly bad movie. Usual sins of current action movies, you know, immortal hero who'd just rather be out there being XtReMe, no innovatory solutions as it is all run and gun etc. Naturally over the top, the standard explosions & fire swept car commercials concealed as product placement. Not really my cup of tea.

If you have to point out one scene where you're reaching for the remote to turn off this shitfest, it has to be the one where Vin Diesel hits the front suspension of his motocross bike to gain enough air, off flat ground none-the-less, to kick a guard out of a guardtower...

Definitely a 1/5, 0.5 needs to be reserved for those movies with an appaling visual side as well.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

quote:

NADZILLA came out of the closet to say:
The worst goddamn movie I've ever seen.

Ranks in my top five worst of all time, that's for sure.

Its James Bond for people who survive crippling car accidents or fetal alcohol syndrome.

Oh, and did I mention I love VIN DIESEL movies where VIN DIESEL stars as the movie's leading role of VIN DIESEL?

The only movie this shitstick has ever "acted" in was Saving Private Ryan, and he got rubbed out early in that one.

0.5/5, would vote zero if possible.

JamieMadrox
Feb 8, 2004
DON'T CLOSE SH/SC THREADS
i can't understand vin diesel's rise to stardom all of a sudden, he can't act. why doesn't every guy with a built physique have a film career? boo him, boo this crappy movie.

1/5

Sledgehammer
Jan 26, 2003

I thought it was one of the corniest action movies I've ever seen.

1.5/5

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
This isn't bad if you don't hate Vin. If you hate him, why in the name of god would you want to see it anyway?

2.5/5

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...
This movie is worth watching simply for the scene depicting Vin looking at a brick wall 2 feet in front of his face through binoculars and crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues
This movie wasn't that great, but it wasn't gut-renching terrible. The action was cool. I saw it at a drive-in for like $3 :cool:

2/5