Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
Directed by: Mel Brooks
Starring: Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman, Maldeline Kahn, Terri Garr

Simply put, one of the best comedies of all time. Dr. Fredrick von Frankenstien(thats frawn ken steen), a brillian neurosurgeon, inherits the castle of his grandfather, the original doctor frankenstien. Although he had long ago sworn off the work of the late doctor frankenstien, his curiosity gets the best of him, and he creates a new monster, which causes all sorts of problems.

There really isnt much more to say about it. The comedy works, the style works, everything about this movie is perfect. Even if you havent read the book or seen the original, the movies still great. A definite must see.

RATING: 5

PROS: Absolutely hysterical, one of the best parodies of all time
CONS: none.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072431/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ubiquitous rex
Oct 28, 2003

Mullet power!
While I think Mel Brooks is hilarious at times, I think he also as a penchant to beat his audience over the head with easy jokes and really bad puns. While I really wanted to like this movie because of its 'OMG Funniest movie EVAR' reputation, I found myself cringing at the lamer stuff, especially the 'Roll in the hay' joke. This is ultimately why I prefer Blazing Saddles over all other Brooks films.

3/5

Ramen Soup
Mar 17, 2004
Chicken finger gourmet
Like most Brooks films, this is absolutely hilarious and extremely quotable. There are a lot of funny plays on words and it is in general a very good spoof. However, also like most Brooks films, the same joke is recycled many times throughout the movie and he seems to forget the "rule of threes" for using the same gag. It also seemed a little long for some reason. I got kind of bored by it at the end, which has never happened to me with a Brooks film, but it just seemed like it wasn't going anywhere. Great acting, comedic timing, and directing, dragged down by a mediocre script and a slow ending.
3/5

tuwhitt
Jan 5, 2004
What the fuck does tuwhitt mean?
Mel Brooks is a comedic God.

I watched this movie over and over as a kid, even though I didn't get all the jokes back then. Now I can pick this one up and just laugh my head off. It's definately one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

4/5

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
One of the many unforgettable Mel Brooks' films. This is one of the best due to the outstanding performances by Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman.

Yvershek fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 4, 2006

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
Excellent. His best movie (partly because his dumb rear end isn't in it.)
Highly quotable and excellently acted. Also, Teri Garr is hot as all gently caress in this flick.
"What knockers!"
"Why sank you doktor."
5/5

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I massively preferred this to Blazing Saddles. I now have to make monster noises every time I hear `Putting On The Ritz'. Gene Wilder makes a great mad prof, and Marty Feldman is an inspirational bit of casting as Igor - well, sort of inspirational, it's not exactly a leap of faith if you're after someone to play an insane-looking hunchback I suppose. Voting 5.

BLUCHER!

Max Nitwit
Sep 11, 2001

I miss the 80s.
Not quite as funny as Blazing Saddles (but, then, what is?) although an exception can be made for the scenes involving Inspector Kemp and his hand.

quote:

Syn came out of the closet to say:
Also, Teri Garr is hot as all gently caress in this flick.

4.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fashionassassin
Jul 13, 2004
oops
I read an interview with Kenny Mars, who portrayed Kemp, and he said he wished he had played that part differently. I was like, "Wha--? But I love futschteps!"

I also grew up watching this movie, and it was the first DVD I bought. I still check it out about once a year. Outstanding, it's hard to pick a favorite part.