Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Directed by: Joseph Vilsmaier
Starring: Dominique Horwitz, Thomas Kretschmann, Jochen Nickel, Sebastian Rudolph

Much like "Das Boot", Stalingrad is one of those movies which makes you forget you are watching a movie about the Third Reich, and lets you care about the soldiers, no matter what nationality they are.

This movie follows a group of German soldiers through the horrible Stalingrad offensive, from the summer/fall, to the deadly Russian Winter.

The performances were very well done, and the cinematography was great.

My review pretty much sucks, but if you like WW2 movies, this is definately a good one to pick up.

RATING: 4.0

PROS: Amazing war movie, interesting perspective.
CONS: In German, so if subtitles bother you, don't see it

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108211/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Stalingrad is the best (anti)war movie I've ever seen. Really, the only thing I can hold against it in any way is the fact that it has abysmal special effects.

5/5

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
This is a grand movie, shows the horror of war, and leaves you with a feeling of despair. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys war movies, or has an interest of the East Front during World War 2. And at one point the special effects arent exactly up to par, but you can easily ignore it and move onward.