Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Directed by: Michael Ritchie
Starring: Chevy Chase, Joe Don Baker

There's really not much to say here. Chevy Chase is a reporter investigating a story, and in so doing he pretends to be a bunch of different people. It's like "Master of Disguise", only not horrible.

The movie *is* Chevy, for good or bad. He has all the good lines, he's in every scene, and he's the only one with a really convincing performance. The movie is thus very hit-or-miss in terms of comedic value.

It's on cable fairy regularly, or you can get it as a cheap rental. Recommend viewing it, because at worst it's a throwaway comedy to you, but it could be one of your favorites.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Incredibly funny one-man show by Chevy. Tons of great lines.
CONS: It's just a vehicle for Chevy Chase, so the plot and other actors are sub-par

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089155/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
The Fletch movie is based on, surprise, the Fletch books by Gregory McDonald. I recommend reading them if you enjoyed the movie. MANY of the scenarios and one liners are ripped from the pages.

That aside, this is one of my top ten movies of all time. Chevy is at his prime here, and I regularly work the most famous lines into my daily smart rear end'edness.

I think the other actors were right on time though; so astounded by Fletches actions that they seemed real. :)

5/5

rendicil
Mar 30, 2003
I like to piss in the cheerios.
Rip Torn as an airplane mechanic in one of the most priceless scenes ever is just the tip of the iceberg in this hilarious movie. Also Chevy Chase a Laker. Great one liners and great comedy.

4.5/5

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Still funny after all these years. But man, the music has not dated well. Rating: 4