Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jc dracula
Nov 7, 2001
Directed by: Larry Cohen
Starring: Tony Lo Bianco, Deborah Raffin, Sandy Dennis, Sylvia Sidney, Sam Levene

another bizarro feature from larry cohen

like q: the winged serpent, i don't know what sort of genre classification could really be appropriate--it starts out as a seemingly ordinary detective story but quickly spirals out of control to a "how did we get here from there" sort of ending

if you're a cohen fan then you already know the kind of weirdness to expect. give it a look either way, it's definitely one of the more unique cop movies you'll ever see.

also: watch for andy kaufman in one of his only feature film appearances. i think he has one line.

RATING: 3.5

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075930/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

I'm quite amazed that this film actually works. Like Zardoz, it could easily have become either too pretentious or too cheezy, but Cohen does a good job, as do all of the actors. Though the overacting of the snipervictims made me giggle tremendously.

Fans of David Cronenberg should definately check this one out.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Ha, I can't believe there's a Film Dump entry for this one!

Some pretty cool stuff, neat ideas. Generally well-paced and well-made. With slightly better actors, a lot more money, and someone to polish up the script, this could be a really good movie. Rating: 3.5