Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

briteshadow
Apr 23, 2003
Directed by: Pitof
Starring: halle berry

I went into this not expecting much but, got worse. My eyes were insulted by 1990's video games special effects and a BET sound track. If this was not bad enough the movies plot was cut and pasted from great movies such as The crow, Batman and a tad of An Interview with a Vampire.

RATING: 1

PROS: halle berry is hot
CONS: worst cgi ever, worst soundtrack ever

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327554/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Someone got me a free ticket to this stinkburger. My soul has been raped.

Paperfan
Feb 3, 2001

by Ozma
Among the best movies I have seen.

The camerawork puts "House of the Dead" to shame.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

This movie made me hate the French +75% more.

Raz-Diet
Apr 21, 2002

Forum Doctor
This is the best comedy I've seen in years. Unfortunately, all of the hilarity is completely unintentional. There's hackneyed lines throughout, made all the worse by the fact that the film takes itself seriously.

I wouldn't say the CG is that bad. However, it's definitely years behind pretty much everything else out there, and it's hard to tell why - did they just not spend as much as they should have? Did they not give the graphics guys enough time to do it right? Who knows. They probably would have been better off just not using computers at all.

The acting isn't horrible. It's sad to see Berry and Bratt, both of whom are accomplished actors, lend their names to a movie that has little else to offer other than themselves. If it weren't for Berry's bosoms spilling out of her cat costume, this movie would have been completely unwatchable.

Throughout the film, it's apparent that this was an attempt by the producers to cash in on the success of other comic book storylines, but then attempt to add their own "feminine" twist to it. This is my guess as to why the finished product was so bad - it's just rushed. They had a solid idea that has consistently paid off with good flicks in the past. They had good actors. They had a compelling basic story. The push to make money from it probably overrode the tenets of good filmmaking, which is further evidenced by the advertising blitz the film enjoyed.

RATING: 2/5 - Nearly watchable. And that's it.

PROS: Berry's outfits. The acting was passable at the least. Cinematography was decent, but much of what looked good about it was lost in the editing.

CONS: Sub-par special effects. Horrible script. Horrible editing.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Being stoned didn't help. Apparently there was a plot.
0/5

adios
Jun 3, 2003
Fuck it dude, lets go bowling
Can you do a cat 'doggy-style'?

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Biggest flop since Gigli.

liq
Jul 9, 2004

by Ozma
i wish i never saw it. The basketball scene was retarded. The speaking roles were as well.

ezatdz
Oct 18, 2002
Wow

ezatdz fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liq
Jul 9, 2004

by Ozma
yeah and that really sucks because she has had some good roles in many movies, and played them well imo