Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Pak
Jan 26, 2004

I'm from the phone company...
Directed by: John Carpenter
Starring: Ice Cube, Natasha Henstridge, Pam Grier, Jason Statham

I watched this movie with the anticipation that it would be good seeing how it was a John Carpenter film. I'm really not sure how he made such an awful movie and how it was even released the way it was.

The movie is basically about a team thats assembled to try and find out what happens to a abandoned mining complex (or something like that, drat I don't even remember what industry it was) on Mars. What they soon find out is that the "ghosts" have basically turned the other humans into zombies, and that Cube and his team better get the gently caress out of there fast because theres noone to save. Blah blah like every rescue type of thing, their transportation is sabotaged, theres more zombies than they can deal with, etc, etc.

The movie itself could have been incredibly good if they added the shock and scare factor like Even Horizon did. However what turned out was a pretty dull, not too thrilling movie with some pretty poor acting. I don't think any of the action scenes even impressed me all that much.

RATING: 1.5

PROS: The first 30 minutes were kinda creepy....
CONS: More of a joke than a horror movie after a while, its not really scary in the least bit, poor performances

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228333/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU