Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidLeper
Oct 27, 2002
____|\__\o/__ AAH! SHARK
While the discussion issue has basically died down to a few posters a week who cannot comprehend simple instructions, some other issues have arisen. I figure making this thread and giving extra emphasis to these specific issues will help everything out.

1. Why are you putting spoilers in your reviews?(Sorry it took me so long to get to the issue, Stick Fig)
I really, really cannot understand the need for having two thirds of your post be in spoiler tags(SUPPOSING YOU REMEMBERED THEM, WHICH A FAIR BIT OF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ). You are writing these reviews so another SA member can jump into this forum and figure out whether or not he should watch a movie. Maybe this is just a personal thing, but when I look to decide what movie I want to go rent, I don't want to know MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS. To reiterate: There is no possible reason to use spoilers in a review. Don't.

2. No one cares if you downloaded the movie. This has also been mentioned in the rules/FAQ, but I'm seeing it fairly often in foreign film threads(Shaun of the Dead, etc). The fact that you downloaded the film is extraneous information and serves no purpose. This is the internet and people can do stuff like that, so I don't see any reason to be bragging about it. I don't care if you're reviewing a pirated movie, but please keep in mind that your copy was not the actual DVD or theatre experience. Take into account the idea that the image and sound quality will be much lower.

If you feel the need for clarification of these or any other rules post away and I'll try to help out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
If you don't spoiler something that needs to be spoilered, I'll title you. This will be within reason, of course, as every movie review, by definition, spoils something

While I don't really see the point to a review that basically consists of all spoilers, I'm willing to accept it for now, as those that don't want to read them don't really have to. If they develop into an epidemic (which they may very well have in the last month or so I've been away), then we'll have to figure out some kind of punitive measures.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho

quote:

The Walrus came out of the closet to say:
If you don't spoiler something that needs to be spoilered, I'll title you.....

I just saw Ocean's Twelve...
ZzOMG i just thought of a clever way to get a nifty red title without paying :10bux:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
double post, gently caress.

Marble
Aug 16, 2004
Ban count: 1

quote:

56k came out of the closet to say:

I just saw Ocean's Twelve...
ZzOMG i just thought of a clever way to get a nifty red title without paying :10bux:

Holy poo poo you are a human being, gently caress off troll.

walrusnote: you don't need to post in here either, bud

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 6, 2005